UPDATE ***Server

The Duke

Is the server working smoother than it was?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Is the server working smoother than it was?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

**** Many of you know about the problems we had earlier today regarding our site being extremely slow. We are currently in the process of upgrading to the highest rated server that our hosting company has. That being said, the cost has gone up, however our amazing members continued to show support and help us make the push for the Big Upgrade. This site is to a point that we never thought it would reach this quickly. Thanks so much for your continued support. We will also be streamlining our post to twitter and facebook via a blogspot which we will release later this evening once we can get it setup and looking up to par. We thank you so much for your continued support. Be aware that posts made within the next several hours will probably not be there in the morning due to the server change. Thanks again and War Eagle

:believe:

Thanks so much, we are working to get these problems taken care of. The server is upgraded, but we still have a plan on moving to a new host after NSD. War Eagle, I know that ST should have some updates tomorrow night.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brandon, pages load and refresh faster than at any time since the increase in traffic. Nice job, it is well appreciated sir. War Eagle.

running like a tiger chasing a bammer off of the football field!

Tell ST to start a rumor that Latt just secretly committed... sit back and wait... THEN we'll know how well the new server's working!  :laugh: Seriously though... works great!  :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if any server can handle the amount of traffic that is going to be on this site on NSD lol

Seams to load quite a bit faster for me now.

Brandon, pages load and refresh faster than at any time since the increase in traffic. Nice job, it is well appreciated sir. War Eagle.

We appreciate you guys helping us by supporting us, wouldn't have happened without you folks.

Tell ST to start a rumor that Latt just secretly committed... sit back and wait... THEN we'll know how well the new server's working!  :laugh: Seriously though... works great!  :thumbsup:

Brandon - The server is much faster on refresh rate of long threads. Of course, for the most part it has always been good until we had the E Mack server crash. Like DJ, we need a big story to really test this out. When we get J Whit tomorrow, I think we'll have our test. Look closely at 2 pm est traffic - lol

I keep getting this message.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

I keep getting this message.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

I am getting that same message on refresh also. Today is the first time I have had that problem.

Archived