Jeff Capel

auburn4ever

I wonder if we hire him away from Oklahoma. I know his name came up 6 years when we hired Lebo. Other than beating UAT, Lebo has been a bust.

I wonder if we hire him away from Oklahoma. I know his name came up 6 years when we hired Lebo. Other than beating UAT, Lebo has been a bust.

[/quote Im just curious... why would he leave Oklahoma to come to Auburn?

If I remember correctly, Capel was offered the AU job 6 years ago and turned it down. I am almost certain that is correct. I think it would be almost impossible to get him away from OK. Also, from what I have read here, Person could not be the HC at Auburn because he does not have a college degree. I have not checked on that, but it does make sense.

Good point. Let's get Person or Manning in here.

Person is out of the question.  No way he gets the job.  No degree.  No college coaching experience. 

I wouldn't want Capel.  He hasn't done a good job at Oklahoma.  He walked to a program that Sampson left load from illegal recruiting.  Now he has his own players and his team looks like Auburn does, can't win games.

I would want Scott Drew. He inherited a program in a ruin and brought it back to its greatness.

Agreed! His program had almost the Death Penalty and he brought it back in a shorter time than Lebo has had at Auburn. 

I mean, one bball player killed another at Baylor!  And you guys thought Lebo inherited problems!

I would want Scott Drew. He inherited a program in a ruin and brought it back to its greatness.

Agreed! His program had almost the Death Penalty and he brought it back in a shorter time than Lebo has had at Auburn. 

I mean, one bball player killed another at Baylor!  And you guys thought Lebo inherited problems!

And I'm sure we can throw some money to Drew to attract him here! I'm sure we can develop a Memphis-style team in a weak conference as Calipari did to Memphis in a puny C-USA.

SCOTT DREW!!!!! GO GET HIM!!!!!!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Go do a little research on this guy. He has a great basketball pedigree. He inherited a total mess at Baylor (2003 scandal) and has brought that program back from the dead. AU would be very fortunate to land him. He was offered the Memphis job after Calapari left but he turned it down. I don't know if he would come.

:we:

That's right. I don't blame him for not going to Memphis where he would take on more problems. Memphis is a good basketball school and I think that it says alot about Drew that he would be offered the job. I believe the Memphis people had done their homework and they knew what they would be getting in Scott Drew.

^^^ This^^^

The more I see about Scott Drew the more I like him. I think a new arena and an additional $100,000.00 along with incentives would bring him to Auburn Alabama. :thumbsup:

Why would he move for 100K? That may seem a lot of money to me but I doubt it's all that much to a major college BB coach.

He's winning at Baylor and everyone loves him there. Unless there's something we don't know. I do not think we'll be able to pry him away from there. It's not like we're offering him something like the job at Kentucky.

I don't  think anyone associatted with Duke would ever come to Auburn, if I remember correctly Coach K really discouraged Capel from taking the Auburn basketball job.

I don't  think anyone associatted with Duke would ever come to Auburn, if I remember correctly Coach K really discouraged Capel from taking the Auburn basketball job.

That is correct

Archived