Biggest NFL Quarterback Bust?

ChuckTownTiger

Which NFL QB was the biggest bust of all time?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which NFL QB was the biggest bust of all time?

• Jamarcus Russell
    • Ryan Leaf
    • Heath Shuler
    • Andre Ware
    • Other

My money is still on Leaf because he was an NFL ready quarterback when he came out of college and a lot of people had him projected as a better QB than Peyton Manning.  Russell was drafted solely on his physical attributes and never really accomplished anything significant at LSU.

I had to go with leaf none of the others went crazy on a reporter and had to be restrained by teammates as far as I know.

Guest WarTiger

Leaf had injuries that ruined his career. Russell is just a fat **** that is too stupid to read an NFL D and is too lazy to learn how to read them.

You can probably add David Carr and Alex Smith to this list. Carr is a bust. Smith will be soon, but I do love the commitment the 9ers made to their running game in the draft. They are going to pound teams with the run game next year. All Smith has to do is be a game manager.

I voted for Russell but my initial thought was Leaf. Russell is pathetic and should've never been taken with the 1st pick, but leave it up to the Raiders, but I'm sure many teams would've drafted him with the 1st pick.

With the amount of money per win each qb made, this is the reason I'm going with Russell. He's sad and should've stuck it out another year at LSU to help develop his skills.

Russell and Leaf are both pathetic. Thing is Russell is a rich slob. Thing I dont understand is he held out until he got the very best contract that suited him and never fufilled, I think he should come away with nothing he really doesnt deserve it.

Tim Couch & Akili Smith, taken 1st and 3rd respectively in 1999 draft. Both were busts.

McNabb was 2nd pick.

5 qb's were take in the 1st round in 99. Culpepper #11 and Cade McNown #12 by da bears.

I voted for Russell because he was the #1 pick.  The others weren't.

Have to go with Danny Wuerffel, Mr I can throw the ball at florida was a complete joke in the NFL. remember this?

http://www.nailsupplies.com/alex/links/wuerffel.jpg

I believe Ryan Leaf went first over Peyton Manning. 

Can I write in Matt Leinart as a candidate before it's said and done? (that's my projected addition to this list... even though he STILL wouldn't be the biggest bust, just a funny one to watch)

I believe Ryan Leaf went first over Peyton Manning. 

Can I write in Matt Leinart as a candidate before it's said and done? (that's my projected addition to this list... even though he STILL wouldn't be the biggest bust, just a funny one to watch)

Yes, Leaf over Manning, was the first QB, but Russell was FIRST OVERALL!!!

Archived