Morrow talks Auburn (Free Article)

I would love to re-sign our boy Richardson, and take this fellow and call it a day.

Yes sir. These are the guy I want. A 6'4 reciever would be a big plus for this offense. Throw it over the top and let him go up and get it. That size is dangerous in the red zone.

Richardson and Morrow would be two great receivers to have in this class. War Eagle!

When do we no if Richardson can sign. I don't understand the process . I thought it would be next year before he could re-sign?   :dunno:

Richardson did things a little different than most. He dropped out of HS, got a GED and went straight to JUCO last winter. They've got it figured out somehow that if (big if) he passes all the classes he needs to pass he'll be able to sign again this February. We'll see, but our coaches are on board with this plan so it must be possible.

Morrow is all over the place with who is his favorite. Sometimes he gives different favorites in the same day. Maybe who he signs with will depend on what he has for breakfast on signing day.

Anyway, I'll be happy to call it a day with with Richardson and one more quality WR.

I would love to re-sign our boy Richardson, and take this fellow and call it a day.

My sentiments exactly. :thumbsup:

Normally, I would agree with that given our depth chart, but the years you have stud quarterbacks committed to you are the years you want to cleanup at the wide receiver position.  It should be a pretty easy sell with Frazier already on board.  

I'd like to see Morrow, Richardson, and maybe a smaller speed guy for the slot position signed.

Normally, I would agree with that given our depth chart, but the years you have stud quarterbacks committed to you are the years you want to cleanup at the wide receiver position.  It should be a pretty easy sell with Frazier already on board.  

I'd like to see Morrow, Richardson, and maybe a smaller speed guy for the slot position signed.

The year you have a stud QB redshirted should work as well along those lines, and Frazier will certainly redshirt next season.

When do we no if Richardson can sign. I don't understand the process . I thought it would be next year before he could re-sign?   :dunno:

Richardson did things a little different than most. He dropped out of HS, got a GED and went straight to JUCO last winter. They've got it figured out somehow that if (big if) he passes all the classes he needs to pass he'll be able to sign again this February. We'll see, but our coaches are on board with this plan so it must be possible.

Morrow is all over the place with who is his favorite. Sometimes he gives different favorites in the same day. Maybe who he signs with will depend on what he has for breakfast on signing da

Anyway, I'll be happy to call it a day with with Richardson and one more quality WR.

[/quote                                                                                                          

Thanks. Istarted a topic b/c I was having a hard time getting answers. I hope JR gets in!

The year you have a stud QB redshirted should work as well along those lines, and Frazier will certainly redshirt next season.

Yes, but you're forgetting about the momentum that you garner from having a stud QB in your current class.  The Big Mo is on our side to sign stud receivers in the SAME class as the stud QB....with a redshirt year, the next year's class tend to forget about how good the redshirt freshman QB was in the previous year he was recruited.  It's a tougher sell for our coaches to remind the WR recruits how good the QB was/is.

Yes, but you're forgetting about the momentum that you garner from having a stud QB in your current class.  The Big Mo is on our side to sign stud receivers in the SAME class as the stud QB....with a redshirt year, the next year's class tend to forget about how good the redshirt freshman QB was in the previous year he was recruited.  It's a tougher sell for our coaches to remind the WR recruits how good the QB was/is.

Us signing receivers this year is taking ice to Eskimos. We simply don't need them. Also, a fast look at the depth chart will chill the enthusiasm of any that care about early playing time.

I just think we need help in other areas much more than we need another WR or two.

MikeP I agree with you that WR is less of a need then most positions.  That said we may lose on or two because of attrition, injury, grades, etc.

I strongly believe we need two this year Richardson and one other. But like you I do believe other positions are more important and from reading on this board it seems most agree the three areas needed most are OL,DL, and DB all about equal and it appears we have a good start with these three needs.

I still believe we take two in this class... we just dont need help there... I dont see it.

Blake, Adams, Benton, Stallworth, PPL (he will catch one ball before he leaves AU) Reed, Goodwin, Kitchens, Carr.

Give or take a two that I missed... thats 9 receivers returning for 2011. Taking two this year is plenty.

I mean, yeah thats plenty.

Archived