2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

He was here this weekend on an unofficial visit. McKinzy said they hung out together. I sure would love to give him another look.

We need a guy like this on our team, if nothing more, to push the Fraziers of the world to make them better QB's.  Frazier vs Pike vs Winston would be one of heck of a quarterback battle that would make all parties involved better. 

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since the new MLB CBA has greatly reduced the contracts of draft picks AU and Bama has picked up the pace on Jaboo because both teams believe they can get him to play football instead of entering the MLB draft now.

Watched Jameis friday night lose to Vigor.  They tried to run him into the teeth of the Vigor Dline anchored by Philon.  Vigor has a bunch of D1 talent and has been a pipeline to college programs.  The Hueytown coaching staff lost the game in my opinion although if they didn't have a couple of bad snaps the game could have been won.  Winston knows he has the talent to do both and he is a very smart kid.  He really does want to go to college and play football and baseball and it could still happen.  I also believe if offered the 1st round money you almost have to take it.  Things still could get interesting and the door isn't closed yet.  Of all the QB's I watched in High School this year I would say he is somebody that could come in and start. 

Guest Montressor

chizik paid him a in home visit last night..

Soooooo..... this stuff about how we can't talk/recruit him until 1/12 is non sense???

It was my impression that only certain coaches (Trooper I think) couldn't talk to him until January.

Soooooo..... this stuff about how we can't talk/recruit him until 1/12 is non sense???

Dead period ended yesterday. Saban is gonna make an in-home later today as well.

Maybe with all the rain, the puddles in JW's front yard was too deep for saban to walk through, so he just left.

Dead period ended yesterday. Saban is gonna make an in-home later today as well.

More evidence that both AU and UAT think they can get Jaboo to play football instead of entering the MLB with the lower Salaries 1st round draft picks will get because of the new collective bargaining aggreement the MLB made.

Maybe with all the rain, the puddles in JW's front yard was too deep for saban to walk through, so he just left.

Saban's going to let a little thing like a dead period stop him?

Does this affect pikes commitment...or does say what kind of offer pike has from the tigers ..discipline issues ? Not stirring the pot but Winstons recruitment has picked up .

Does this affect pikes commitment...or does say what kind of offer pike has from the tigers ..discipline issues ? Not stirring the pot but Winstons recruitment has picked up .

Nothing to do with Pike.  Its a numbers game.

Honestly, I think it says more about our QB situation next year than anything else.  KF should be the starter, but who will back him up.

I am a huge KF fan and hope he starts the bowl game, but I would really like to get JW. We have to have a mobile QB. And I would love to have both of those guys as options.

Honestly, I think it says more about our QB situation next year than anything else.  KF should be the starter, but who will back him up.

Well the interest in Jaboo may have more to do with Trotter leaving the team which was said on the QB thread.

Interesting. Zeke not what we thought?

Didn't we back off on Winston because Zeke committed first?

No, we backed off of Winston because he showed little interest in Auburn. He is a vastly superior prospect, though he will want to play college baseball and is even likely to skip college and play pro baseball.

Two weeks ago Trotter told the coaches he won't be playing next year, he'll get his masters degree and start a real life. The coaches then told Pike we would be taking a second QB this signing class.

The decision to sign two has to do with Trotter, not Pike.

Archived