2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

Jameis (Jaboo) lives down the road from me. It's been nuts for him lately. Coaches have been coming out of the woodwork trying to flip him. He's pretty solid with FSU. The FSU coaches have been showing a lot of love at his ballgames all year. I've only seen one AU coach at a Hueytown game. I saw Saban and Kirby Smart at 2. AU better step it up BIG TIME if they want him.

If anyone flips him,IMO, it will be Bama. Family ties in Tuscaloosa.

He doesn't speak much about MLB. Really wants to focus on college.

Whoever gets him is getting one heck of a kid. Stays out of trouble, 3.9 GPA, talent for days and has his head on straight. It's been fun watching him over the years.

I think it will come down to him playing both sports. FSU would have no problem with him playing baseball and football. Auburn, I would think, would be in a similar situation. Auburn is closer to home, which could help....Bama wouldn't want him to play baseball in all likelyhood....but they might burn a scholly to give it a shot.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jameis (Jaboo) lives down the road from me. It's been nuts for him lately. Coaches have been coming out of the woodwork trying to flip him. He's pretty solid with FSU. The FSU coaches have been showing a lot of love at his ballgames all year. I've only seen one AU coach at a Hueytown game. I saw Saban and Kirby Smart at 2. AU better step it up BIG TIME if they want him.

If anyone flips him,IMO, it will be Bama. Family ties in Tuscaloosa.

He doesn't speak much about MLB. Really wants to focus on college.

Whoever gets him is getting one heck of a kid. Stays out of trouble, 3.9 GPA, talent for days and has his head on straight. It's been fun watching him over the years.

I think it will come down to him playing both sports. FSU would have no problem with him playing baseball and football. Auburn, I would think, would be in a similar situation. Auburn is closer to home, which could help....Bama wouldn't want him to play baseball in all likelyhood....but they might burn a scholly to give it a shot.

It will definitely come down to playing both sports. Tuscaloosa is closer and family ties with Alabama, but if AU is willing to pony up the baseball, then we have a shot.

Winston, a two-sport standout who has committed to play football for Florida State and is also a top major league baseball prospect, was once a target for Auburn. But the Tigers were forced to curtail their recruitment of Winston after coaches made inadvertent contact with him during the 2010 "Tiger Prowl."

al.com

I wonder why we are back to recruiting him, and is it ok to do what we are doing? I don't trust that gumpdyke "journalist". (yes I know he covers Auburn, but....)

Evan is a fool.  After a 15 month NCAA procter exam, with Auburn coming out crazy clean, does anyone really think our staff would stoop to breaking any rules ... Particularly one that was previously discussed.  The devil is in the details and I would assume that hack Evans does not know the correct details!

I wonder why we are back to recruiting him, and is it ok to do what we are doing? I don't trust that gumpdyke "journalist". (yes I know he covers Auburn, but....)

We are back in because Trotter is leaving the team and we need a 2nd QB in this class.

We are back in because Trotter is leaving the team and we need a 2nd QB in this class.

Well that makes sense.

New article about recruitment of Jaboo.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/11/auburn_renews_recruitment_of_h.html

Confused. We had discussed that we could recruit Winston but Trooper could not. However, the article states that Trooper was on the trip.

I find it VERY hard to believe that we broke the rules intentionally by visiting him on Sunday. Our coaches cannot be THAT stupid. Give me a break. Looks like the uat fanbase is getting nervous. Not a fan of Woosberry at all.

According to who? Please tell me you have inside sources to our football program. :laugh:

According to who? Please tell me you have inside sources to our football program. :laugh:

McWestie, ellitor said Barrett isn't returning according to me. So, no need to question him.

Guest Tigereagle03

twitter that he heard jaboo will be committing to bama by next week.

Twitter is reliable for nothing but hear-say.

it actually came from a mod on tha ringer.. He said.

Two weeks ago Trotter told the coaches he won't be playing next year, he'll get his masters degree and start a real life.

Hold up. What?

Trotter has already graduated and is currently working on his masters degree. There appears to be little reason for him to be on the team next year.

As for him telling the coaches two weeks ago, I read it on the internet so it much be true. (however, unlike most interned readings this one actually makes sense)

twitter that he heard jaboo will be committing to bama by next week.

Twitter is reliable for nothing but hear-say.

it actually came from a mod on tha ringer.. He said.

To make this clear. This "mod" on the ringer who said this is a bammer. he has been quoted as referring to bama as "We" and "us". So i wouldn't look too much into him saying JW will commit to bama next week

This all sounds like BS. I mean why would you decommit and turn around and commit again. Looks like if he was going to decommit from FS-WHO that he would not do anything until NSD. Sounds like somebody needs to worrying about LSU.

According to Scarbo, Auburn coaches (including CGM) visited Winston at his home a few hours.  Saban visited him Monday. 

Looks like he's not solid with FSU. 

Never mind, looks like you guys already posted this on another thread...

This all sounds like BS. I mean why would you decommit and turn around and commit again. Looks like if he was going to decommit from FS-WHO that he would not do anything until NSD. Sounds like somebody needs to worrying about LSU.

LSU is getting Gunner Kiel, IMO.

LSU is getting Gunner Kiel, IMO.

WHOA! Did not see that one coming Smuphy.

Bama wouldn't want him to play baseball in all likelyhood....but they might burn a scholly to give it a shot.

Deep down they may not want him to, but Saban did tell him, and many other recruits that it's fine with him if they want to play baseball.

Any coach should be OK with this. You run the risk of missing a good player otherwise.

Archived