2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a perfect fit for our offense.  He'd be limited in Alabama or FSU's offense.  Hopefully the coaches can convince him of this.  I truly think his 2 choices should be MLB draft or Auburn scholarship.

He needs to take a look at how much playing time dual threat QBs have gotten under Saban.  ...And Jimbo has not really helped any D-T QBs either... he's not putting EJ Manuel in a position to succeed and he certainly didn't help develop J Russell.  Both of those programs will perform much better with pro-style QBs.

He's a perfect fit for our offense.  He'd be limited in Alabama or FSU's offense.  Hopefully the coaches can convince him of this.  I truly think his 2 choices should be MLB draft or Auburn scholarship.

He needs to take a look at how much playing time dual threat QBs have gotten under Saban.  ...And Jimbo has not really helped any D-T QBs either... he's not putting EJ Manuel in a position to succeed and he certainly didn't help develop J Russell.  Both of those programs will perform much better with pro-style QBs.

Saban has not even had a Dual Threat QB since he left LSU. Unless you count taking Dante Culpepper over Drew Brees while he was coachng the Dolphins...That was a brilliant move.

Laura McKeeman from Scout asked Winston if Auburn has a chance to sign him, since many have said Auburn doesn't have a real shot, and he said "Yes you could say they do".

I thought we were also not allowed to talk to Winston until recently due to some secondary violations?

Yes and in the meantime FSU snuck in and snatched a commitment. Maybe it's not too late because he's a hell of a player.

If AU could land Jaboo that would Great! We would have a 5* qb and 5* RB in the same signing class. Has that ever happened at AU? Not to mention them being Mr Football an the runner-up...

If AU could land Jaboo that would Great! We would have a 5* qb and 5* RB in the same signing class. Has that ever happened at AU? Not to mention them being Mr Football an the runner-up...

Cam and dyer

Saban has not even had a Dual Threat QB since he left LSU. Unless you count taking Dante Culpepper over Drew Brees while he was coachng the Dolphins...That was a brilliant move.

Star Jackson?

Dang, you have a short memory. It happened in 2010. Cam and Dyer.

Star Jackson?

I said dual threat. Star Jackson could not pass the ball.  ;D

Let's adjust it to say has Auburn ever landed a 5* QB and RB in the same year both coming out of high school not juco?

Hate to ever say anything that paints the head turd in anything but an unflattering light but from what I've heard $aban actually wanted Brees but the front office didn't want to take a chance on him and signed Culpepper against his advice.

There are many conflicting reports. Nobody knows for sure. Supossedly BM said we did not visit. Also, I have heard from different people that we are not allowed to visit him until January.

There are many conflicting reports. Nobody knows for sure. Supossedly BM said we did not visit. Also, I have heard from different people that we are not allowed to visit him until January.

^ is what I've read as well.

Certain coaches, like TT, couldn't visit, but CGC can.

Star Jackson?

Never gonna happen.  Black people arnt allowed to play QB at Alabama.  LOL

Certain coaches, like TT, couldn't visit, but CGC can.

correct

Star Jackson?

Never gonna happen.  Black people arnt allowed to play QB at Alabama.   LOL

Andrew Zow and Walter Lewis ring a bell?

Yea I pretty much feel like a DA Right now.. At least we would have this combo for 3-4 yrs...

Star Jackson?

Never gonna happen.  Black people arnt allowed to play QB at Alabama.   LOL

Andrew Zow and Walter Lewis ring a bell?

Add Vince Sutton, Mike Landrum, Danny Woodson, none ever played a lot  but all were signed and given a chance.

and is even likely to skip college and play pro baseball.

Unlikely given the new MLB CBA. I would be very surprised if he's not playing college football next year.

Jameis (Jaboo) lives down the road from me. It's been nuts for him lately. Coaches have been coming out of the woodwork trying to flip him. He's pretty solid with FSU. The FSU coaches have been showing a lot of love at his ballgames all year. I've only seen one AU coach at a Hueytown game. I saw Saban and Kirby Smart at 2. AU better step it up BIG TIME if they want him.

If anyone flips him,IMO, it will be Bama. Family ties in Tuscaloosa.

He doesn't speak much about MLB. Really wants to focus on college.

Whoever gets him is getting one heck of a kid. Stays out of trouble, 3.9 GPA, talent for days and has his head on straight. It's been fun watching him over the years.

Archived