So do the recruits...

92AUGRAD

Let's see, Auburn scored 423 yards of offense, much of which rushing, and much of it in the second half, against a very very tough Clemson D. For one half, the offense was nuclear and I sure as hell was impressed. The team came back and never quit and I sure as hell was impressed. The defense passed rush like nobdy's business and I sure as hell was impressed. The crowd was electric and noone booed during the first half an d I sure as hell was impressed. I think the recruits probably were too.

Well said I continue to laugh at all the armchair coaches who THINK they know what it takes to coach a team. Good post.

That's fine but one thing is obvious to me...the game plan to start the game was poor and no adjustments were made DURING the first half.  This coaching staff seems unable to adjust on the fly...both CGM & CTR seem to have to wait til halftime in order to inject a change of plan.  Soon, very soon, we will not be able to comeback against a quality opponent.

Ok so back to the recruits. This is what I observed from them: Reese was the clear leader of the group. He was on his feet cheering on the team for most of the game. A good portion of the others joined him. Frazier seemed to be enjoying himself as well as Shon. I bumped into Dee Hart after the game and asked him if he gave it a thumbs up or thumbs down. With a big smile he gave a thumbs up. Overall the guys seemed to enjoy the game.

I would guess they would get excited. Its game day, a huge OT win, its smash mouth football at its best. Seriously there is still a trail of freakin bodies all over JHS right now. It was a big time come back win. The slow start to me did the whole movie set up, established that Clemson is a good team, the come back win established that we have some good coaches and are a even better team. Win Win Win. To be honest if a player is concerned we didnt drop them by 30 points they dont belong at an SEC west school, they would do better to go west and play against Idaho state if they need to win by a lot to get reved.

Let's see, Auburn scored 423 yards of offense, much of which rushing, and much of it in the second half, against a very very tough Clemson D. For one half, the offense was nuclear and I sure as hell was impressed. The team came back and never quit and I sure as hell was impressed. The defense passed rush like nobdy's business and I sure as hell was impressed. The crowd was electric and noone booed during the first half an d I sure as hell was impressed. I think the recruits probably were too.

Well said I continue to laugh at all the armchair coaches who THINK they know what it takes to coach a team. Good post.

That's fine but one thing is obvious to me...the game plan to start the game was poor and no adjustments were made DURING the first half.  This coaching staff seems unable to adjust on the fly...both CGM & CTR seem to have to wait til halftime in order to inject a change of plan.  Soon, very soon, we will not be able to comeback against a quality opponent.

And you have served as the offensive and/or defensive coordinator at what major colleges for how long? It is easy to expound upon everyone's mistakes and explain what should have been done after the game is over. Doing it in the heat of battle is quite another thing.

No offense, and JMO, but I think we just did.  I think Clemson was a quality opponent.  I would not be suprised to see them ranked at some point this year, if they have enough players left after last nights war.

I tell you what, any recruit in attendance last night had to have left impressed with the crowd, the atmosphere, and the way Auburn battled back.  Not to mention that 20 minutes after the game there were still a go 20,000 fans in the stadium!  I doubt they will see another atmosphere like that on any of their recruiting visits.  It's at least enough to make them want to see more.

Archived