TJ Yeldon

AuburnJbg1345162766

What does the AuburnEagle nation think is the precentage chance Yeldon is ours  

302 members have voted

1. 1. What does the AuburnEagle nation think is the precentage chance Yeldon is ours

• 10%
    • 25%
    • 50%
    • 75%
    • Saban might as well find somewhere else to sniff

Does anyone know if he visited this past weekend? I was sitting next to Dismukes at the AU- UAB baseball game and there was a guy sitting with him who looked a lot like Yeldon (that is according to AMM picture). They are both from the same area Daphne/Spanish Fort so it isn't out of the realm of possibility. So does anyone know what's up?

Thanks,

War Eagle

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if he visited this past weekend? I was sitting next to Dismukes at the AU- UAB baseball game and there was a guy sitting with him who looked a lot like Yeldon (that is according to AMM picture). They are both from the same area Daphne/Spanish Fort so it isn't out of the realm of possibility. So does anyone know what's up?

Thanks,

War Eagle

Well he had a basketball game Friday night, but he may have made the trip on Saturday.

After seeing the film on Yeldon, what are we recruiting him for? Running back, HBack, or Wide Out?

Seems like he can play them all. Great looking prospect.

I think RB, but I'm sure Gus would motion him out in the slot at times since he's a very capable receiver as wel

After seeing the film on Yeldon, what are we recruiting him for? Running back, HBack, or Wide Out?

Not really. Keith Marshall is the RB from Raleigh, NC (Milbrook) and Trey Williams is from Texas.

• 2 months later...

I seen where he average 5.5 ypc in 2009 and ran for 15 touchdowns.  Last season he had 18 touchdowns on 1,112  yards but I don't know how many carries he had.  Anyone know?  I was wondering if his ypc improved last season.

I was watching his video again and I couldn't decide who he reminds me more of Mario Fannin or Jeris McIntyre.  He plays hard and fills a lot of roles.  It would be fun to see all the ways Gus would be able to get him touches.

I think RB, but I'm sure Gus would motion him out in the slot at times since he's a very capable receiver as wel

^^^ he catches bombs.

^^^ he catches bombs.

He looks like a bigger high school version of Joe McKnight...I saw him play against Hoover back in "06, He was a one-man team....

^^^ he catches bombs.

He looks like a bigger high school version of Joe McKnight...I saw him play against Hoover back in "06, He was a one-man team....

Joe McKnight was a hoss.  He averaged about 15 yards a carry in HS and had like 30 TDs his sr year.  If TJ is that caliber of threat we would be blessed to have him.  That is one reason I posted above wanting to know what his ypc looked like last season. 

Other than TJ and Keith Marshall, who would be the 3rd RB we'd try to get?

Maybe Kenno Loyal for H-Back. That would be my guess at this moment. Maybe something could change.

Other AU RB targets (besides Yeldon & Marshall): Dami Ayoola, Xavier Grindle, I’Tavius Mathers, and Jovon Robinson, among others.

Ayoola -

Mathers -

Robinson -

Grindle - couldnt find tape

If I were to put them in order of want it would go:

Robinson - biggest, looks quick, runs people over - looks like the complete package

Ayoola - compact, well built, speed is there but not elite, but plays against the best competition in the country probably at St. Thomas Aquinas

Mathers - elusive, quick, slight build though, not sure if he's an every down type back

Other AU RB targets (besides Yeldon & Marshall): Dami Ayoola, Xavier Grindle, I’Tavius Mathers, and Jovon Robinson, among others.

That is the first time I seen AU mentioned for some of these guys.  Ayoola has some huge legs and looks like a natural fb with soft hands.  Would be nice to improve our relationship with St. Thomas Aquinas too.  Xavier Grindle, Kenno Loyal all seem to be cut from the same mold.  Big physical, down hill runners with adequate speed.  

Russel Hansbrough  supposedly has an offer from us but not a lot of other top 15 programs so he seems a likely canidate for the orange and blue?

Mathers has some nice offers, ND, UAT, USCe, Tennessee among others.  6 feet, 180 lbs, 4.5 or 4.6 40 but great stats though not sure about his competion since he plays in TN.  Attended Alabama's spring game.  

Ayoola -

Mathers -

Robinson -

Robinson - biggest, looks quick, runs people over - looks like the complete package

Ayoola - compact, well built, speed is there but not elite, but plays against the best competition in the country probably at St. Thomas Aquinas

Mathers - elusive, quick, slight build though, not sure if he's an every down type back

Thanks for the links!

My take is a bit different.  I really loved the video of I-Train and he looked exactly like an every down back to me. I would be happy to get any of these but if I had to rank them in my desired order it would be:

Keith Marshall (amazing moves and speed)

Barry Sanders (great player, great name = lots of good pub.  Lets keep this one out of Tuscalooser plz)

Rushel Shell

Russell Hansbrough (

I'tavious Mathers (i'm just really impressed by his video and stats.  Seems TN is loaded with RBs this year)

TJ Yeldon

Brian Kimbrow (

)

Daniel Taylor

Kenno Loyal

Marshall Marshall Marshall that kid has it and they don't come around that often. I think he would be incredible with our training program and offensive line.

Ayoola -

Mathers -

Robinson -

Thanks for the links!

My take is a bit different.  I really loved the video of I-Train and he looked exactly like an every down back to me. I would be happy to get any of these but if I had to rank them in my desired order it would be:

Keith Marshall (amazing moves and speed)

Barry Sanders (great player, great name = lots of good pub.  Lets keep this one out of Tuscalooser plz)

Rushel Shell

Russell Hansbrough (

I'tavious Mathers (i'm just really impressed by his video and stats.  Seems TN is loaded with RBs this year)

TJ Yeldon

Brian Kimbrow (

)

Daniel Taylor

Kenno Loyal

Yeah, I talked about Sanders, Shell, Kimble, and Taylor in another thread. I've heard that Hansbrough isn't an option... IMO, if we wanted a commitment from him, we would have it by now.

HERE and HERE are a couple of short clips of Grindle highlights. He's a TOUGH runner, and I expect his offer list to go up as the year goes on.

are Taylor's junior highlights. He was the only other one without film on here, I think.... so I included it. He would be a TOP level RB recruit, if not for his small stature. But he is DEFINITELY talented, as his tape shows!

All of these guys will get a hard look from the AU staff with our glaring need at the RB position this year. But make no mistake, Yeldon and Marshall are the TOP 2 guys on the list!

:we:

Thanks DJ.  The film of Taylor really is impressive and he is no smaller than OMAC (well 2 or 3 inches shorter but about the same weight) so I can I understand how he would fit in well at Auburn.

I understand the love for TJ and his film looks great.  I worry about his YPC and how that translates to the SEC though.  I just hope we can get some immediate impact guys who are a threat to take it the distance when breaking one between the tackles so as to help balance the offense.

Archived