TJ Yeldon

AuburnJbg1345162766

What does the AuburnEagle nation think is the precentage chance Yeldon is ours  

302 members have voted

1. 1. What does the AuburnEagle nation think is the precentage chance Yeldon is ours

• 10%
    • 25%
    • 50%
    • 75%
    • Saban might as well find somewhere else to sniff

Hmm...this concerns me, are we gonna see another Calloway or CK? Or for that matter, another Brown?

We were Yeldon's early leader. With Calloway and Ck we came into the picture very late. Two different situations

I agree... I think that we are in better shape with Yeldon.

It's not that different from Brown, though. That seems eerily similar.

Think more along the lines of what I said before about the guys we signed from LA.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for a speculative timeline DJ- do you expect Yeldon to commit at one of the All-American games? Or do you think it could be as early as BCW? Also, I've read somewhere (can't recall where) that Marshall will be an early enrolee, so timeline-wise where would that put him? Thanks for all the work, I'll hang up and listen.

As for a speculative timeline DJ- do you expect Yeldon to commit at one of the All-American games? Or do you think it could be as early as BCW? Also, I've read somewhere (can't recall where) that Marshall will be an early enrolee, so timeline-wise where would that put him? Thanks for all the work, I'll hang up and listen.

Yeldon - too hard to tell... could be two weeks, two months, or NSD.

Marshall - Not for awhile, maybe in the fall sometime.... I would THINK. Now that could, of course, change (like anything with recruiting), but he's said that he wants to continue narrowing his list of finalists (he's at 12 now... AU, ua, Clemson, uf, FSU, uga, Michigan, UNC, Notre Dame, USCe, Stanford and USCw),take all his visits during his HS football year, and then have a decision after that, but before Dec.

BTW, someone just sent me this...

Keith Marshall ran 10.52 F.A.T. (Fully Automated Time) in the 100 m dash at his second EVER HS track meet last week! He apparently had just run in his first meet the previous week on April 27th and ran a hand-timed 10.20, which was converted to an estimated F.A.T. of 10.44

I'm told that 10.52 (F.A.T.) for the 100 m = legit 4.3 speed.  :o

Yeldon - too hard to tell... could be two weeks, two months, or NSD.

Marshall - Not for awhile, maybe in the fall sometime.... I would THINK. Now that could, of course, change (like anything with recruiting), but he's said that he wants to continue narrowing his list of finalists (he's at 12 now... AU, ua, Clemson, uf, FSU, uga, Michigan, UNC, Notre Dame, USCe, Stanford and USCw),take all his visits during his HS football year, and then have a decision after that, but before Dec.

BTW, someone just sent me this...

Keith Marshall ran 10.52 F.A.T. (Fully Automated Time) in the 100 m dash at his second EVER HS track meet last week! He apparently had just run in his first meet the previous week on April 27th and ran a hand-timed 10.20, which was converted to an estimated F.A.T. of 10.44

I'm told that 10.52 (F.A.T.) for the 100 m = legit 4.3 speed.  :o

I don't know about legit 4.3, but that tells me he really is as fast as he looks on film (something I was not buying into completely, quite frankly), and that's just scary...

I just watched the recent video interview with TJ. I already felt pretty good about our chances with him and after hearing his comments, I feel even better. He seems to be real comfortable about AU and where he fits in here. He also sees where he fits in(depth chart) with the other school. He went so far to say that even though the decision is his own, his parents are pushing him towards the good guys( :o The mullets aren't gonna like that). I'm looking forward to hearing him say War Eagle when he commits at the end of the summer.

I personally believe that this young man is under a LOT of pressure.... whether it be from his family, friends, teammate (Anderson most CERTAINLY), and HS coaches), ALL of whom have been rumored to be pushing him to ua. I do, however, think that CGC and Co. have, so far, done an EXCELLENT job overcoming all of that.... and I also believe that it's possible that TJ MAY have even actually been ready to pull the trigger for the Tigers recently, but apparently he either changed his mind or was talked into waiting. The good thing is that he is scheduled to attend BCW in a couple of weeks, which is a VERY good sign for the GOOD GUYS! Stay tuned!

:we:

Pressure huh? Seems like I've read this book before and it ends with Auburn losing out. It also usually ends with

questions being raised regarding the recruitment. Those questions are never answered and the rumors fade away.

I hope this one doesn't end up that way. 

I personally believe that this young man is under a LOT of pressure.... whether it be from his family, friends, teammate (Anderson most CERTAINLY), and HS coaches), ALL of whom have been rumored to be pushing him to ua. I do, however, think that CGC and Co. have, so far, done an EXCELLENT job overcoming all of that.... and I also believe that it's possible that TJ MAY have even actually been ready to pull the trigger for the Tigers recently, but apparently he either changed his mind or was talked into waiting. The good thing is that he is scheduled to attend BCW in a couple of weeks, which is a VERY good sign for the GOOD GUYS! Stay tuned!

Pressure huh? Seems like I've read this book before and it ends with Auburn losing out. It also usually ends with

questions being raised regarding the recruitment. Those questions are never answered and the rumors fade away.

Post above yours stated that his parents were rooting for the good guys, which has always been a good sign for us :).

Yep! The AU staff has done an AUsome job of recruiting TJ's family & I feel VERY confident at this point! :)

From the Rivals 250 chat (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1220236)...

2:43

Comment From AUEagle

Keith What Are AU Chances With TJ Yeldon ?

2:44

Keith Niebuhr: AUEagle: I kept hearing AU was in good shape. But I was told by someone yesterday they think Bama now leads.

From the Rivals 250 chat (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1220236)...

2:43

Comment From AUEagle

Keith What Are AU Chances With TJ Yeldon ?

2:44

Keith Niebuhr: AUEagle: I kept hearing AU was in good shape. But I was told by someone yesterday they think Bama now leads.

Yeah, good luck with that. We'll see that "leads" him to BCW next w/e!  ;)

Don't worry. Auburn will get great players. Be patient :wareagle:

Sounds good for us! I think he's made up his mind and is going to enjoy the process and his visits. He may say he doesn't care about staying in the South, but he seems like a pretty laid back southern kid. Loved the reference to bamas depth at rb. He's no dummy!

Sounds good for us! I think he's made up his mind and is going to enjoy the process and his visits. He may say he doesn't care about staying in the South, but he seems like a pretty laid back southern kid. Loved the reference to bamas depth at rb. He's no dummy!

This is why I feel good about him.  :thumbsup:

What ya think about this DJ? Sounds that he has common since about alabama's depth at runningback

Well, "since" you asked  ;), I DO believe that TJ has PLENTY of common "sense"! He is a great kid from what I've seen, and from everyone I've talked to! I feel VERY good about AU's chances at this point, and I think that if/when TJ visits for BCW next w/e, those chances will get even BETTER! See, TJ is already VERY close with CGC, CGM, CCL, and the rest of the AU staff.... now let him get in and develop a CLOSE relationship with AU's other top recruits, and I believe that we will establish ourselves as a strong leader for him!

I fully expect TJ to play for the in state Tigers, and I rather expect him to excel playing the thunder role in our offense...

I really do believe that we will pick him up! sounds like he feels at home in Auburn and that he has a great relationship with the coaches. He said he want to commit right before his senior season starts.  ;)

I think it will ultimately come down to which back the coaches want the most.

I like their chances to land any prospect if they put their full attention on that person.

If Yeldon is the guy the coaches want, then I think thats who we will get. Or perhaps they go after another back and take him instead.

Man, I want this kid in O and B!!

Could really get used to hearing this on the PA - :tdau: Yeellllllllldonnn

Archived