TJ Yeldon

AuburnJbg1345162766

What does the AuburnEagle nation think is the precentage chance Yeldon is ours  

302 members have voted

1. 1. What does the AuburnEagle nation think is the precentage chance Yeldon is ours

• 10%
    • 25%
    • 50%
    • 75%
    • Saban might as well find somewhere else to sniff

If Yeldon commits anywhere in the next 3-4 months, it will be Auburn, because it's going to take at least that long for any school to sway him.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Yeldon commits anywhere in the next 3-4 months, it will be Auburn, because it's going to take at least that long for any school to sway him.

Red, I agree... but I also think that there is a different mindset with Alabama running backs... they grow up in the state, and they know the importance of the Iron Bowl rivalry... they also know the rich tradition that Auburn has at RB, and I think that is an advantage for Auburn... am I wrong?

I think running backs that grow up in the State of Alabama, could be the easiest targets for Auburn... IF the coaches really want them.

Red, I agree... but I also think that there is a different mindset with Alabama running backs... they grow up in the state, and they know the importance of the Iron Bowl rivalry... they also know the rich tradition that Auburn has at RB, and I think that is an advantage for Auburn... am I wrong?

I think running backs that grow up in the State of Alabama, could be the easiest targets for Auburn... IF the coaches really want them.

I think that was pretty evident in the recruitment of Carnell Williams, actually. I mean, the history is attractive to any running back recruit, but kids who grow up in Alabama hear about it all their lives so they know it full well. And, seriously; Brooks, Cribbs, Bo, Little Train, Agee, Fullwood, Danley, Bostic, Steven Davis, Fred Beasley, Rudi, Heath Evans, Caddy, Ronnie, Brandon Jacobs, Irons, Tate...no, I don't expect most of these kids to know all of those guys, but with that many great running backs, and new ones emerging every year, they know we have a strong history if nothing else.

Don't rush it buddy. The big dogs are coming. They're gonna soak up all the fame first though. Thats for sure.

I see what you mean, but I don't think anybody is rushing anything here. We're just curious because now he's supposed to commit soon.

Sorry, I guess that came off the wrong way. I know your not actually rushing it.lol. It would be nice for TJ to go ahead and make it official. War Eagle and God bless.

Don't rush it buddy. The big dogs are coming. They're gonna soak up all the fame first though. Thats for sure.

I see what you mean, but I don't think anybody is rushing anything here. We're just curious because now he's supposed to commit soon.

Sorry, I guess that came off the wrong way. I know your not actually rushing it.lol. It would be nice for TJ to go ahead and make it official. War Eagle and God bless.

Same to you and no apology necessary. I think my blood pressure could use all of them committing tomorrow but that is not the way the world works hahaha.

Talk on other boards yeldon making a choice soon! Any truth to this dj?

:)

He could've made a decision already... ;D but when it is made public might be another story. I'm thinking at the Army All-American Game.

REd you forgot about Dyas,Fredrickson,and Henley. Dont forget about the white guys. LOL!!!!

What was I thinking!!! :laugh:

Actually, I'm kinda mad at myself now for leaving Fredrickson off the list. I mean, I was basically just following the progression since the late 70s, but Tucker's only competition for greatest in AU history, IMO, is Bo. Dude was something else, that's for sure.

Well, no one has asked about him recently, but here's the latest on TJ Yeldon...

TJ did interviews recently with writers from both AU and ua recruiting sites (B.Matthews from AU-Undercover and Greg Ostendorf from turdsports), and basically laid to rest the rumor that he was going to be committing soon. In fact, he CLAIMED that he doesn't have a "favorite" (although he still says AU and ua are "leading"), and that more schools like USCw, Oregon, and uf are "in the mix". As far as how the rumor of him being ready to commit, which began with a post on his FB) started... TJ CLAIMS that he left his FB page open on his computer, and that his Daphne teammate Ryan Anderson (a ua commit) was the one who wrote that on there as a "joke". This DOES seem odd to some though, as Yeldon was said to have CONFIRMED his FB post to Rivals' recruiting "guru" Keith Niebuhr via a text message after it was posted. Niebuhr even tweeted it....

KeithRIVALS Keith Niebuhr

U.S. Army All-American RB Tj Yeldon of Daphne (Ala.) confirms to me: "yea ill be committing very soon." ... Whom does he pick? #AU #Alabama

29 Apr

I personally believe that this young man is under a LOT of pressure.... whether it be from his family, friends, teammate (Anderson most CERTAINLY), and HS coaches), ALL of whom have been rumored to be pushing him to ua. I do, however, think that CGC and Co. have, so far, done an EXCELLENT job overcoming all of that.... and I also believe that it's possible that TJ MAY have even actually been ready to pull the trigger for the Tigers recently, but apparently he either changed his mind or was talked into waiting. The good thing is that he is scheduled to attend BCW in a couple of weeks, which is a VERY good sign for the GOOD GUYS! Stay tuned!

:we:

Thanks for the update DJ.

OASN: It's been speculated that he has his fears that if he went to bama, he would be moved to defense. I read an article on the issue where he and his hs coach both say that Saban  :rolleyes: and every other coach after is recruiting him to play rb. I assume that this was/is a real fear of him. To the point that BOL had to do a article on it.

OASN: It's been speculated that he has his fears that if he went to bama, he would be moved to defense. I read an article on the issue where he and his hs coach both say that Saban  :rolleyes: and every other coach after is recruiting him to play rb. I assume that this was/is a real fear of him. To the point that BOL had to do a article on it.

I am just happy that I figured out what OASN meant  :laugh:  on my own too  :thumbsup:

What I'm gathering from that post DJ, is that maybe the pressure is so strong for him to got to bama that he will end up putting off his decision to appease these people around him for now. We see this all too often in this state....

I am just happy that I figured out what OASN meant   :laugh:  on my own too  :thumbsup:

:tease:

What I'm gathering from that post DJ, is that maybe the pressure is so strong for him to got to bama that he will end up putting off his decision to appease these people around him for now. We see this all too often in this state....

And in other states as well... see Trovon Reed, Greg Robinson, Jermaine Whitehead, Michael Dyer, Kiehl Frazier, and Eric Mack.... ALL favored AU early on, but (to different extents) all had pressure to stay in-state, which led to them delaying their commitments! (Even though some waited longer than others, and Whitehead had to wait partly on a spot to open up.)

We're talking like this, and Signing Day is...8-9 months away?

Chill out everyone. We haven't even had BCW, or started the season yet. If a guy comes, great! If he doesn't, good luck to him wherever he goes. I know Malzahn/Roof/Chizik/Taylor will do the most with the talent they have, and we have the privilege of watching their results. Just relax.

We're talking like this, and Signing Day is...8-9 months away?

Chill out everyone. We haven't even had BCW, or started the season yet. If a guy comes, great! If he doesn't, good luck to him wherever he goes. I know Malzahn/Roof/Chizik/Taylor will do the most with the talent they have, and we have the privilege of watching their results. Just relax.

Yeah, but the events of today are relevent to Signing Day.

Hmm...this concerns me, are we gonna see another Calloway or CK? Or for that matter, another Brown?

We were Yeldon's early leader. With Calloway and Ck we came into the picture very late. Two different situations

Hmm...this concerns me, are we gonna see another Calloway or CK? Or for that matter, another Brown?

We were Yeldon's early leader. With Calloway and Ck we came into the picture very late. Two different situations

I agree... I think that we are in better shape with Yeldon.

I agree... I think that we are in better shape with Yeldon.

It's not that different from Brown, though. That seems eerily similar.

Archived