TJ Yeldon

AuburnJbg1345162766

What does the AuburnEagle nation think is the precentage chance Yeldon is ours  

302 members have voted

1. 1. What does the AuburnEagle nation think is the precentage chance Yeldon is ours

• 10%
    • 25%
    • 50%
    • 75%
    • Saban might as well find somewhere else to sniff

There are a lot of good looking backs out there I dont think we can go wrong with getting any two of them.  Yes it would be nice to land Marshall, he's a great looking back, but there's a lot of talent out there.  As for yeldon, I do really like him and it would be a great pick up since he is an in-state guy, but I don't think is a MUST get for us outside of the fact that its always nice to beat bama in the cruitin game.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a lot of good looking backs out there I dont think we can go wrong with getting any two of them.  Yes it would be nice to land Marshall, he's a great looking back, but there's a lot of talent out there.  As for yeldon, I do really like him and it would be a great pick up since he is an in-state guy, but I don't think is a MUST get for us outside of the fact that its always nice to beat bama in the cruitin game.

I think Yeldon is as much of a must get as there is on our board, and it doesn't have much to do with Bama. He's a great back, he's home grown, and moreover he is EXACTLY the kind of back we need: a big pile driver with athleticism. He may or may not be the best back in this class in four years, but he fits our need perfectly. That's why the coaches have made sure he's known that he's been at the top of their list since the beginning.

I think Yeldon is as much of a must get as there is on our board, and it doesn't have much to do with Bama. He's a great back, he's home grown, and moreover he is EXACTLY the kind of back we need: a big pile driver with athleticism. He may or may not be the best back in this class in four years, but he fits our need perfectly. That's why the coaches have made sure he knows that he is at the top of their list since the beginning.

You are spot on, red!!!

I'm just not sold on the guy quite yet. Now i know i only saw him in person in the state title game against one of the best teams in the country, but I left without that wow factor you typically see when you see one of the best players in the country.  Im not saying I think he's a bad player because the numbers speak for themselves and the very limited highlight video I saw was good.  All I am saying is Im not quite ready to hop on the TJ Yeldon bandwagon.

I'm just not sold on the guy quite yet. Now i know i only saw him in person in the state title game against one of the best teams in the country, but I left without that wow factor you typically see when you see one of the best players in the country.  Im not saying I think he's a bad player because the numbers speak for themselves and the very limited highlight video I saw was good.  All I am saying is Im not quite ready to hop on the TJ Yeldon bandwagon.

very valid opinion, however I'll save you a seat for when he changes your mind :we:

I've been wanting to say something like this but I've been afraid of getting reprimanded for talking bad about a recruit. I don't want to sound that way. I just am not completely sold on him, but I hope like BigBird said he will change our minds and I look forward to that.

I think it is the Marcus Lattimore effect. His high school film didn't have the 'wow' factor that Dyer's and Seastrunk's had. But that's because his game was pound it out in between the tackles. He out ran people but he wasn't blazing by them either. His game is perfect for the college level though, that is why we saw immediate results from him his freshman year at USC. All because they aren't juking people out of their socks or destroying tackling angles on every run, doesn't mean they aren't a top back. Personally, I am sold on Yeldon because of his atheleticism and the fact that he goes up against the some of the best talent in Alabama's 6A classification. But everyone is equally entitled to opinions.

I think it is the Marcus Lattimore effect. His high school film didn't have the 'wow' factor that Dyer's and Seastrunk's had. But that's because his game was pound it out in between the tackles. He out ran people but he wasn't blazing by them either. His game is perfect for the college level though, that is why we saw immediate results from him his freshman year at USC. All because they aren't juking people out of their socks or destroying tackling angles on every run, doesn't mean they aren't a top back. Personally, I am sold on Yeldon because of his atheleticism and the fact that he goes up against the some of the best talent in Alabama's 6A classification. But everyone is equally entitled to opinions.

I hope you're right too. I'm also not saying he won't be really good either. I appreciate how you put that in such a respectful way man. Thanks and War Eagle!

very valid opinion, however I'll save you a seat for when he changes your mind :we:

Thanks I appreciate it

Talk on other boards yeldon making a choice soon! Any truth to this dj?

Keith Neibur of Rivals confirmed on twitter!

Inside folks saying it's Auburn!!!

how soon??

One thing that really makes me think he'll do well is his receiving ability.  As mentioned earlier, he has the hands to play WR.  He would excell in this offense, just like Ronnie did under Borges.  Ronnie, Mario and Carl Stewart were all very dangerous as receivers. especially on wheel routes and flares out of the backfield.  Yeldon,to me, seems to be in the same mold, and I'd be thrilled to have him represent Auburn.

Wow wow wait are you serious???

No, he's joking

I hope you're right too. I'm also not saying he won't be really good either. I appreciate how you put that in such a respectful way man. Thanks and War Eagle!

No problem man. No need to get in a verbal dispute over the skill set of a 17 year old boy. What would that make us? Jabronis, probably. With that said, I'm anxiously awaiting TJ's announcement. Hopefully there will be an update soon, aside from DJ's smiley face. Hahaha. War Eagle to you too man!

6'2 frames that run 4.4 40's don't grow on trees.  Y'all are right about his film not having a lot of "wow" plays, but that could be more of a reflection of poor down field blocking by his receivers than anything ($1 to Greg Knox).

This kid you get for the potential, athletic ability, frame, etc.  He's a state of Alabama back to boot, which really makes this a must get.

Don't rush it buddy. The big dogs are coming. They're gonna soak up all the fame first though. Thats for sure.

I see what you mean, but I don't think anybody is rushing anything here. We're just curious because now he's supposed to commit soon.

T]

No, he's joking

Good one Ryan

Archived