2014 Spring Practice - Day 13

RunInRed

Got to watch practice today. My notes from this spring compared to last:

1. Wide receiving corp is impressive. When Sammie is now the second best receiver on the team, that's a great thing.

2. Marshall looks comfortable but not non-chalant. He is moving players to the right spots. Passes look crisper and with more touch in the intermediate areas.

3. Our defense is improved greatly. I liked the physical nature of our DBs and they fight for the ball.

4. I think we are going to miss our kickers. May be a big factor this year.

5. Love Rhett. More vocal and assertive this year.

6. Players love D Craig.

7. I like when therezie and Garrett are playing at the same time. We need a good roaming middle LB. Hopeful once everyone is healthy we are more solid there.

8. oLine will be fine...amazing depth.

9. cap will be a great one.

10. Worried about our hBack fullback situation. For whatever reason Fulse and bunch don't look comfortable at receiving or blocking. This may be because everyone else on offense looks so polished. (Hoping)

11. Auburn still just couple pieces away from making solid runs at the championship year after year in my opinion. Mostly on the defensive side.

12. Growth from both physical and mental aspect from last year is amazing! Last years teAm at this point struggled to get basic plays off. Now seems so confident and determined. Good signs

Ok that's all. I enjoyed the day! War Eagle!!!

Thanks for passing on the info, passthebiscuits!

+1

1. Wide receiving corp is impressive. When Sammie is now the second best receiver on the team, that's a great thing.

2. Marshall looks comfortable but not non-chalant. He is moving players to the right spots. Passes look crisper and with more touch in the intermediate areas.

3. Our defense is improved greatly. I liked the physical nature of our DBs and they fight for the ball.

6. Players love D Craig.

7. I like when therezie and Garrett are playing at the same time. We need a good roaming middle LB. Hopeful once everyone is healthy we are more solid there.

10. Worried about our hBack fullback situation. For whatever reason Fulse and bunch don't look comfortable at receiving or blocking. This may be because everyone else on offense looks so polished. (Hoping)

11. Auburn still just couple pieces away from making solid runs at the championship year after year in my opinion. Mostly on the defensive side.

12. Growth from both physical and mental aspect from last year is amazing! Last years teAm at this point struggled to get basic plays off. Now seems so confident and determined. Good signs

Ditto to what everyone else is posting... Thank you for this info!!

wde

Great info!

#3 is the most encouraging! Once this D gets healthy and we get our incoming guys acclimated, I expect good things on D.

I think pretty much everyone has very high expectations for our offense.

6. Players love D Craig.

Appreciate your insight, but how can you say from watching one practice Sammie is now the second best WR on the team?? He has proven on the field he is a great player in this league. D'haquille has proven NOTHING yet. He must've had one hell of a practice. I'll go on the record and say I fully expect Sammie to be our leading receiver again this year. Thanks again for your observations..

6. Players love D Craig.

Appreciate your insight, but how can you say from watching one practice Sammie is now the second best WR on the team?? He has proven on the field he is a great player in this league. D'haquille has proven NOTHING yet. He must've had one hell of a practice. I'll go on the record and say I fully expect Sammie to be our leading receiver again this year. Thanks again for your observations..

sounds like an opinion to me. I hope both of you are right.

6. Players love D Craig.

I agree that until it happens during game time that Sammie is our number 1 receiver. I am not bad mouthing Duke but what happens in practice and what happens in games are two different things. Either way with both these guys we will be dangerous. What a difference from a year ago nobody was a proven number one receiver and now we have a proven number 1 receiver with some people thinking he might not be our best receiver. What is really scary is that other receivers also seem to be doing great.

6. Players love D Craig.

Sammie may be the #1 but to say that Duke hasn't proven anything on the field yet isn't totally true. He just hasn't proven it on our field. He was the #1 Juco receiver in the country so he has proven something in college. Other players on the team are saying he is pretty special.

Sometimes watching ricardo louis attempt to catch a pass makes me cringe. I get that he is a legend now because of the uga game but i really dont see his days if being a starting reciever lasting long.

6. Players love D Craig.

Sammie may be the #1 but to say that Duke hasn't proven anything on the field yet isn't totally true. He just hasn't proven it on our field. He was the #1 Juco receiver in the country so he has proven something in college. Other players on the team are saying he is pretty special.

He was awesome in JUCO. No one can dispute that. But he isn't playing against Pearl River Community College or Jones County Junior College anymore.

I just remember watching the practice last year and got the sense that the wrs were the weakest part of the team. Seeing them this year they are big, physical and secure. When you see Duke you will understand. It's like watching Cam...he is physically impressive. Y'all are right that he hasn't caught a pass yet for us, and Sammie is proven. However, I hope I'm right.

I just remember watching the practice last year and got the sense that the wrs were the weakest part of the team. Seeing them this year they are big, physical and secure. When you see Duke you will understand. It's like watching Cam...he is physically impressive. Y'all are right that he hasn't caught a pass yet for us, and Sammie is proven. However, I hope I'm right.

This is how you respond to disagreements on the message board. Perfect post. I hope you're right too. War Eagle.

6. Players love D Craig.

He was awesome in JUCO. No one can dispute that. But he isn't playing against Pearl River Community College or Jones County Junior College anymore.

Saturday will be here soon enough and then we can talk about who's better.

I kinda felt like they were two different style receivers. Sammie is the burner who will average 20+ ypc and will stretch the field whereas Duke is a possession receiver who can go up and get the ball for you. Not saying that either one can't do the other thing, but it seems as each kinda has their own strength. IMO at least.

The thing is you actually watched Duke in action, as opposed to some of these others that didn't yet question your opinion. I appreciate your observation and it is in line with most of the personal observations I have read about him.

Sammie and Duke are two different types of WRs that will compliment each other and drive DCs crazy. Duke is the best thing to have happened to Sammie this year since it will put him in more single coverage and the same applies to Duke. Both of them will have good years.

This is how you respond to disagreements on the message board. Perfect post. I hope you're right too. War Eagle.

+1

Archived