Interesting Move By New House Whip

Proud Tiger

This could be interesting. What if the House stays in session, passes some bill, and sends it to the Senate which will be in recess. A real PR coup for the GOP?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/27/new-house-whip-vows-to-stay-in-washington-until-congress-agrees-on-emergency/

A PR coup for the GOP? Is that what it's all about?

Perhaps that is the problem? Lot's of political posturing and maneuvering with no real intentions of achieving compromise and effective government.

Yeah, let's have a PR coup. That should help. :-\

Perhaps that is the problem? Lot's of political posturing and maneuvering with no real intentions of achieving compromise and effective government.

:cheers: beer would help

Actually those are just YOUR words. The fact IS there are over 40 bills the House has sent to the Senate for a simple vote and Harry Reid will not allow a vote on them. If anyone is engaging in political posturing it is the left as they simply are not concerned with taking up anything that does not fit their agenda of killing the economy or fundamentally changing the country. Im surprised you couldn't work in your favorite "its America's fault" meme.

Why so angry?

There is no anger Weegs. Do you understand the implications of the OP? There is no concern for effective government, only for a PR coup.

It isn't going to change. They care only about their little power struggle in D.C. We don't matter. And that goes for rep. and demos alike.

It isn't going to change. They care only about their little power struggle in D.C. We don't matter. And that goes for rep. and demos alike.

I believe you are correct. So, why should we play along. Are we fooling ourselves? I just don't see the stark contrast between the parties. What I do see are two organizations that care more about their success (as a group and, as individuals) than they care about the success of the country. Does the political divide do nothing more than ensure more of the same? Are we so caught up in the rhetoric that we ignore reality? Are we ideological idiots who have lost sight of the fact that freedom and democracy require tolerance and compromise.

I believe you are correct. So, why should we play along. Are we fooling ourselves? I just don't see the stark contrast between the parties. What I do see are two organizations that care more about their success (as a group and, as individuals) than they care about the success of the country. Does the political divide do nothing more than ensure more of the same? Are we so caught up in the rhetoric that we ignore reality? Are we ideological idiots who have lost sight of the fact that freedom and democracy require tolerance and compromise.

I completely agree. Term limits on Congress would be a good first step to addressing this type behavior.

Compromise yes. Tolerance is what got us into this mess because no one in D.C. stands for anything. And the chaos and bickering that we are doing as citizens, is EXACTLY what these politicians want. A polarized citizenry cannot oppose the government, and our polarization allows them to operate unchecked.

I agree on term limits. I understand we'd have to have a constitutional amendment to do it just like after FDR in 1947. Before then you could be reelected over and over again. There's no reason Congress should be any different.

I'd say two terms for senators (12 years total) and perhaps 3 terms for House members (6 years) should be sufficient.

I say make the term for the House 4 years and the Senate 6 with two terms for Senate and three terms for the House.

I agree on term limits. I understand we'd have to have a constitutional amendment to do it just like after FDR in 1947. Before then you could be reelected over and over again. There's no reason Congress should be any different.

I'd say two terms for senators (12 years total) and perhaps 3 terms for House members (6 years) should be sufficient.

The Convention of States Project is working to make this happen.

Archived