Remember The Missing Malaysian Airliner?

Proud Tiger

We had a thread here months ago when a missing Malaysian airliner was a hot topic with all kinds of theories and speculation. My guess was it was flown into Pakistan an hidden in a hangar No evidence has emerged to disprove that so I stick with it. I now speculate it is under ISIS control and who knows when or where we will see it again. Not if but when.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a thread here months ago when a missing Malaysian airliner was a hot topic with all kinds of theories and speculation. My guess was it was flown into Pakistan an hidden in a hangar No evidence has emerged to disprove that so I stick with it. I now speculate it is under ISIS control and who knows when or where we will see it again. Not if but when.

And you are certainly within your rights to believe or stick with that.

There is also no evidence to disprove the idea that a UFO kidnapped it, that it disappeared into a cosmic wormhole, or that a Yeti hijacked it and flew it to Tibet. So supporters of those theories are within their rights in sticking with those ideas. Of course, there is also no evidence supporting those theories--or your's--but I don't challenge the right of any of you to believe such ideas.

I'm just unfamiliar with the rule of logic that says: "There's no evidence to support my theory, but until someone disproves it, we should assume it's true."

There is also no evidence to disprove the idea that a UFO kidnapped it, that it disappeared into a cosmic wormhole, or that a Yeti hijacked it and flew it to Tibet. So supporters of those theories are within their rights in sticking with those ideas. Of course, there is also no evidence supporting those theories--or your's--but I don't challenge the right of any of you to believe such ideas.

I'm just unfamiliar with the rule of logic that says: "There's no evidence to support my theory, but until someone disproves it, we should assume it's true."

Beat me to it. ;)

Actually, I have seen several Yeti T-shirts walking into Aviation Management classes in Lowder. I think that a Yeti is secretly funding some kind of terrorist group through the sales of coolers, then using this money to recruit and brainwash young kids, then sending them to Auburn for Aviation Management classes, and is then secretly stealing airliners. Also I think they actually own Jack Links and those commercials have a purposeful intent of making us underestimate their existence and intelligence.

So I think there is some real evidence that Yeti's are hijacking planes and taking them to Tibet.

With all the territory they've amassed, the military hardware, I don't know that they'd need a single airliner. I doubt very much they could get away with murdering so many international civilians and run the risk of pissing off the Chinese.

There are a lot of Chinese.

Beat me to it. ;)

Well Tex, I hate to say this but I'm in with you on this one.

The EgyptAir crash in the Atlantic in 1999 proved we are very vulnerable to a rouge or crazy pilot killing everyone on board an airliner. They found the aircraft, they got the flight recorders, and they had good radar tracking, but there is still disagreement between the US and Egypt over the crash. The US states it was a suicide pilot. Egypt states it was a problem with the 767 and refuses to accept the pilot suicide.

The malaysian airliner could have been hijacked, pilot suicide, blown up, or some mechanical failure. Even if they find the plane and it's recorders one day, there will not be agreement.

Actually, I have seen several Yeti T-shirts walking into Aviation Management classes in Lowder. I think that a Yeti is secretly funding some kind of terrorist group through the sales of coolers, then using this money to recruit and brainwash young kids, then sending them to Auburn for Aviation Management classes, and is then secretly stealing airliners. Also I think they actually own Jack Links and those commercials have a purposeful intent of making us underestimate their existence and intelligence.

So I think there is some real evidence that Yeti's are hijacking planes and taking them to Tibet.

Holy crap, you may be on to something! Perhaps we should warn the Sherpas to be on the lookout for clandestine WMD factories as well! :lol:

:laugh:

As I said, to each his own. I'm sticking with my theory until proven wrong and that will be OK too. Unlike some of the so-called GW guys I'm not getting paid to promote

my theory.

Occam's razor applies.

Well, my guess is that the Yeti(s?) used some sort of razor to shave and disguise himself as a human in order to board the plane...not sure it was Occam's, however.

As I said, to each his own. I'm sticking with my theory until proven wrong and that will be OK too.

And I respect your right to do so.

Hell, I'll do you one better. I enjoy his right to do so. ;D:bananadance:

Oh good lord.

Tex.....your usual MO, throw out personal darts but contribute nothing. Give us your theory on the plane with your wonderful deductive logic.

Tex.....your usual MO, throw out personal darts but contribute nothing. Give us your theory on the plane with your wonderful deductive logic.

It's missing due to someone's wrongdoing.

Tex.....that's weak even for you. You love to criticize but usually offer nothing constructive in return. Why are you so afraid to state your theory on what happened to the plane rather than being cute.

Man, you REALLY went out on a limb with that. :bow:

Tex.....that's weak even for you. You love to criticize but usually offer nothing constructive in return. Why are you so afraid to state your theory on what happened to the plane rather than being cute.

Being able to explain an event is not a prerequisite to shooting down rank speculation. Whether anyone else can offer a different theory has no bearing on the credibility of yours. I could just as plausibly say that the pilots secretly landed it on a remote island in the ocean so they could set up a sex colony after murdering all the men on board. It has just as many facts to back it up as yours.

Man, you REALLY went out on a limb with that. :bow:/>

That's about as far as deductive logic takes me based in the facts I know. Logic isn't always as interesting as wild speculation.

Archived