Really Bret, Just Say We Cheated

Texan4Auburn

Bielema said Arkansas wanted a win, but believes "some people in that stadium and on that other sideline knew a little bit more about us."— Robbie Neiswanger (@NWARobbie)
September 1, 2014

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/serious-bert-182051875.html

I guess ol' Bert's fanbase forgot to "knock the $(" out of all those Auburn fans at his practices all summer/fall. I mean, it takes a lot of film decoding to truly unravel the mystery of Arky's 4 plays they ran all game. Toss sweep, fullback trap, play action throw deep and play action throw to the flat???? That is a level of genius that very few can comprehend, so I'm not surprised Auburn had to cheat to win. I heard we actually re-routed several satellites in space to record all their practices.

Get a life, Bert!! Auburn wasn't worried about you, Gus wasn't worried about you, and our players weren't worried about you. We weren't the ones that game-planned for you the entire off-season, it was the OTHER WAY AROUND! What did that get you, Bert?? One step closer to unemployment, in my opinion. Making these ridiculous excuses is like weeman comparing bammer losses to Pearl Harbor!!! You only make yourself sound more incompetent, if that's even possible.

I feel for the Arkansas fanbase. From what I heard/read about the game, the Arky fans were very gracious visitors, and were cool to hang out with. I feel bad that Bert is who they have as the voice of that team/university.

Fat boy will be shown the door sooner than later. Ark could do much better. I can't understand WHY they hired this clown anyway. Oh well....

Quote from Coach B via al.com

"As bad as I'd love to come out of (Auburn) with a W, I think some people probably in that stadium and on that other sideline knew a little bit more about us (afterward)," he added. "We're building there and we're going to get there. ... There's no quit in this dog."

Well all the stuff I have read from the Arkansas fans is the clock was broken... by Gus on purpose...elevator broken... by Gus on purpose. There was a bit going around about Auburn stealing signs again.

Well. At least Fatman understands that his guys are dogs...

@BretBielema

I was asked at my press conference if experience last week could help team. I was made aware my response was taken out of context (1 of 3)

@BretBielema

I wasn’t accusing, but was complimenting our opponent who knew more about winning than us (2 of 3)

@BretBielema

But we are working hard to get there soon enough. I apologize to those that react before knowing facts. (3 of 3)

Quote from Coach B via al.com

"As bad as I'd love to come out of (Auburn) with a W, I think some people probably in that stadium and on that other sideline knew a little bit more about us (afterward)," he added. "We're building there and we're going to get there. ... There's no quit in this dog."

Is our media really that stupid to not think the word "afterwards" would make a difference?

Good God.

Arky is a sad program. They have had nothing but trouble finding and keeping head football coaches for the last 28 years. The beginning of that was frank Broyles retiring as HC but continuing to meddle too much in the football program as AD.

They claim Arky has no real rival in the SEC. Their fan base is still fixated on Texas as a rival from their SWC days .

I think BB may have a fixation on auburn because we can recruit well in Arkansas since so many auburn coaches have had ties there. We also tried to recruit Russell Wilson as he was on his way from NC State to Wisconsin and BB's last team there.

I can not believe people are reading that and thinking that he is accusing us of cheating. He is saying that people were shown that the Hogs have improved and would be a force to be reckoned with, i. e.,they are better than "people in that stadium and on the other sideline" thought they were. Geez.

Arky is a sad program. They have had nothing but trouble finding and keeping head football coaches for the last 28 years. The beginning of that was frank Broyles retiring as HC but continuing to meddle too much in the football program as AD.

They claim Arky has no real rival in the SEC. Their fan base is still fixated on Texas as a rival from their SWC days .

I think BB may have a fixation on auburn because we can recruit well in Arkansas since so many auburn coaches have had ties there. We also tried to recruit Russell Wilson as he was on his way from NC State to Wisconsin and BB's last team there.

If their fans are still fixated on the SWC days, then they need new blood in the fan base 'cause that was decades ago.

If their fans are still fixated on the SWC days, then they need new blood in the fan base 'cause that was decades ago.

Yep, same for the Bammers and bear, they were fixated on bear for over 30 year after his death. They kept trying to hire one of bear's boys as the new UAT head coach, Time and Saban has caused them to forget the bear some.

I can not believe people are reading that and thinking that he is accusing us of cheating. He is saying that people were shown that the Hogs have improved and would be a force to be reckoned with, i. e.,they are better than "people in that stadium and on the other sideline" thought they were. Geez.

Bret's history is not doing him any favors. Given what he's said in the past, it's not difficult to believe he would say what was implied.

It's also obvious that someone used partial quotes to misrepresent what he said, whether intentional or not. We live in a world of 140 character blurbs and instant reaction. It's hard to fit context in.

Yeah, I agree -- people are clearly taking his quote out of context. But BB has created a larger context than mere words provide. He's prone to stick his foot in his mouth, as well as to accuse other teams (especially Auburn) of cheating. So, I also kinda feel like he deserves to be misinterpreted in this way.

Bret's history is not doing him any favors. Given what he's said in the past, it's not difficult to believe he would say what was implied.

It's also obvious that someone used partial quotes to misrepresent what he said, whether intentional or not. We live in a world of 140 character blurbs and instant reaction. It's hard to fit context in.

Exactly.

I agree. The guy can be annoying, but he didn't say anything wrong and if anything was intentionally partially quoted to cause a stink and generate some loser a bunch of web hits. Don't be lead around by the nose by half a$$ed media types folks.

Yeah, I agree -- people are clearly taking his quote out of context. But BB has created a larger context than mere words provide. He's prone to stick his foot in his mouth, as well as to accuse other teams (especially Auburn) of cheating. So, I also kinda feel like he deserves to be misinterpreted in this way.

Exactly.

I reckon that all sounds about right to me.

Archived