Jameis now suspended for entire Clemson game

AUbritt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One step in the right direction. I wish individual players understand how much the whole team is hurt by their self-centered immaturity. They aren't half the players they would be without good teammates backing them up. The best ones know that. Much like the turtle on a fencepost...

Indeed! From Brett McMurphy: "FSU: “Based upon results of our continuing investigation of Tuesday’s incident involving Jameis Winston” he will not play vs. Clemson"

I wonder whether it was the continuing investigation, or the fact that pretty much everyone in the country thought that (considering his track record) it was a silly length of time. Plus, the absolute worst thing that could happen would be for FSU to be down at the half, him come in and win the game. He'd get to be the hero and would learn nothing from the discipline.

I can't wait til he's gone, honestly.

Indeed! From Brett McMurphy: "FSU: “Based upon results of our continuing investigation of Tuesday’s incident involving Jameis Winston” he will not play vs. Clemson"

I wonder whether it was the continuing investigation, or the fact that pretty much everyone in the country thought that (considering his track record) it was a silly length of time. Plus, the absolute worst thing that could happen would be for FSU to be down at the half, him come in and win the game. He'd get to be the hero and would learn nothing from the discipline.

Yep.

One step in the right direction. I wish individual players understand how much the whole team is hurt by their self-centered immaturity. They aren't half the players they would be without good teammates backing them up. The best ones know that. Much like the turtle on a fencepost...

Agreed.

Are they rioting in Hueytown?

The general mood of the country is changing about holding star athletes more accountable for their off the field behavior. The most recently NFL player problems and how they have been handled is causing the press to focus on the colleges. There are also comments that the player conduct problems started in HS and college and was not corrected there. The NFL just gives them lots of cash to get into more trouble with.

I love the fact this arrogant prick is suspended but I find myself asking this. Why is a profanity laced tirade enough to suspend him but a RAPE INVESTIGATION wasn't?? College football will be much better off when this arrogant entitled prick is out of the game. GO CLEMSON....

Fisher is clearly not involved in making the final decisions on JW suspension time. He got overruled twice on this.

He may also may have done some things during the JW criminal investigation, or lack of one last year that he should not have.

If the Feds and the NCAA really look at this, they could make an example out of FSU. Title IX and EEO violations are in play at a minimum. A coverup makes it worse.

From what I've read today on his suspension, Coach Fisher indicated that the ruling was made by the school administration - which would make sense, given the backlash and retreat.

I can't help but wonder, though, about whether this is the first big crack in the armor. Jimbo's presser and interviews have shown him to be pretty agitated over this, and that was when Jameis was only suspended for the half. The administration is reading the tea leaves and realizing that it's making the school look bad (a good move, since their job is to maintain the fan base and maintain enrollment), but Jimbo just wants to win games. If he perceives this as the administration meddling, I wonder if it will affect contract talks in the future.

Well as it turned out I'd be very ashamed if he had wound up at Auburn. Cam caught so much crap and didn't really do anything compared to this looser. Can you imagine.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Fisher chose the school knowing their history. He appears to fit the old way of doing things at FSU. If FSU is changing to make a better image, I'm not sure what fisher can do in a contract about this? Ask for more money and a longer contract I guess. Moving on to another coaching job doesn't seem likely.

CNN's Rachel Nichols tweeted that this is the result of Winston not being entirely truthful about the incident to start with...

Imagine that...

I know, shocker...and after that really heartfelt press conference he gave too.

Where he was standing? Who he said it in front of makes a difference, but this sounds like FSU was looking for a reason to raise the suspension to a full game.

I think JW is getting the official treatment that the FBI usually hands out. Any inaccuracy in a statement to an investigator can result in more punishment.

Bruce Feldman ✔ @BruceFeldmanCFBFollow

SOURCE:Winston's suspension due to FSU administration finding discrepency w/ his account of where he was standing when saying the obscenities

11:22 PM - 19 Sep 2014

I'm no JW fan, but I hope this kid gets his head straight before he ruins his life. I hate seeing athletes throw away all of that hard work and talent over things that are just so stupid and avoidable.

So I'm sure someone else has posted this...but if Clemson pulls the upset and FSU goes on to win the rest of their games, I've gotta think the playoff committee is going to basically ignore the loss since Winston didn't play. In a way, this is giving FSU a pass tomorrow because a loss would have an asterisk by it in most people's minds--despite this being one of only a handful of potentially competitive games for FSU this year.

Archived