Any Interest in Texas Fresh LB who is Transferring?

AU-24

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/8/11/9130325/cecil-cherry-texas-longhorns-transfer

Any interest in this kid?

The Texas Longhorns don't put on full pads until Tueday evening, but freshman linebacker Cecil Cherry is already considering transfering, sources told Anwar Richardson of Orangebloods.

Nothing is final yet, but the staff is apparently making a last-ditch attempt to keep Cherry in burnt orange:

However, it may be too late, as Cherry's father, Winston Cherry, told the Austin American-Statesman that his son requested transfer paperwork on Monday and he expects him to fly back to Florida on Saturday. The player himself confirmed with Orangebloods that he's planning on leaving as soon as possible and Horns Digest reported on Tuesday afternoon that head coach Charlie Strong signed the transfer papers for Cherry.

his father says he wants his son to go somewhere where he's needed. claiming it wasn't good fit at texas. he was upset that his son was working with the second team and not the first team. cherry was also upset that he wasn't given his #3 and was assigned #57. sounds like a cry baby to me. got a dose of reality and couldn't take it.

I just searched the recruiting forum his name. No results beyond this thread, so he was never on our radar. Meanwhile, we flipped one of his recruiting classmates from Texas (Irvin). Now that a 3* kid we evidently weren't interested in to begin with has essentially decommitted from 2 schools in one recruiting cycle, I doubt he'll be a priority now.

hell no drama kid imo..........practice for 3 days and finds out his on 2nd team so takes his ball and wants to play somewhere else......we don't need that type. on the other side I heard he may end up at UTK if they want him

hell no drama kid imo..........practice for 3 days and finds out his on 2nd team so takes his ball and wants to play somewhere else......we don't need that type. on the other side I heard he may end up at UTK if they want him

Thanks

I think he was friends with Tim Irvin but looks like UT leads. Tennessee the other UT that is. Flipped to UT after being committed to Tennessee for a bit. Dad raved about them

Seems like over-involved parents are like a giant warning sign. I don't think it would be wise to go after him.

Maybe old Nick will go after him.

That would make the 40th linebacker the turds would have on their roster.

Saban's a hoarder.

Clearly, Saban knows nothing at all about how to recruit in order to put a solid defense on the field.

That would make the 40th linebacker the turds would have on their roster.

Saban's a hoarder.

Clearly, Saban knows nothing at all about how to recruit in order to put a solid defense on the field.

Clearly, Mikey has no sense of humor. ;)

Archived