2016 5* DE Marlon Davidson (AU commit 9/4/15)

Browning4AU

Hey... You know what?

Rashaan Evans might be in the 2-deep at bammer, but he is getting very little playing time. He just doesn't really fit their scheme. He's not heavy enough to put his hand in the dirt and play their 'Jack' position, and he doesn't pocess the instincts to be an every-down line backer. He's more of a 'package' style guy...

Against Arkansas, Rashaan Evans was called on to 'spy' the scrambling QB in Brandon Allen. He was called on to play in space, and even drop into coverage. He was even involved in a blitz package!

So what is this telling me? Ellis Johnson is a damn genius!

That is exactly what EJ wanted out of him being recruited as a 'Star'... Evans thought he would be playing out of position being a 'Star' at AU, but that is exactly what he's playing at bammer... "hybrid-linebacker/blitzing-safety".

Man... props to Ellis Johnson!

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alabama just had their 4 star defensive end commit from Michigan decommit. The Turds are thinking Marlon is filling his spot...

/sick

BS! BS! BS!! The turds have no idea where Marlon will end up. The kid from Michigan committed too soon and now is becoming interested in the home state team. Thanks to Harbaugh!

Well the Boner said keep an eye on his recruitment. He is Saban's number one target. If you watch Marlon play, then you know why. This kid is just plain nasty when he gets on the field.

Well the Boner said keep an eye on his recruitment. He is Saban's number one target. If you watch Marlon play, then you know why. This kid is just plain nasty when he gets on the field.

Andrew Bone says every prospect, some good and some not so good, wants to go to UAT. According to Bone the only reason any of the other 100+ schools ever sign a player is because bammer doesn't have room. Don't waste time reading Bone statements.

Davidson is a very important recruit for us this year, probably our most important - position of great need, family ties to AU (not like the Evans ties). Would be very disappointing to see him end up anywhere but Auburn but especially at Bammer. Having said that, for anyone that has been watching Bammer, it's easy to see the appeal they have to kids-particularly on the defensive side of the ball. I have little confidence in Garner at this point but hope Muschamp/Robinson/Thompson can do some work here.

AU would do well to get recruits with an edge to them that make "business decisions" as opposed to those that slip into the comfy "family" feel that AU promotes endlessly.

AU would do well to get recruits with an edge to them that make "business decisions" as opposed to those that slip into the comfy "family" feel that AU promotes endlessly.

We had one of those... He broke our back-up center's jaw and got kicked off the team and out of school.

We had one of those... He broke our back-up center's jaw and got kicked off the team and out of school.

There is a difference between Duke and the rest of the business decision bammers that are or will be first rounders. We were more of rehab assignment than a business decision for Duke. He had to get out of Louisiana for a reason.

There is a difference between Duke and the rest of the business decision bammers that are or will be first rounders. We were more of rehab assignment than a business decision for Duke. He had to get out of Louisiana for a reason.

Exactly. We DO take on reclamation projects out of necessity. Sometimes work, sometimes don't. It's just that our fizzle rate with blue chippers out of high school has been really high in the past 10 yrs. trying to find a common thread through multiple HCs and assistants. It's the best I can come up with. Any other ideas welcomed.

You guys are depressing sometimes. Every major recruit is always going to flip Bama in some of your eyes.

His technique is sloppy. He seems to be playing against much smaller competition. Solid vision and amazing speed at defensive end. Definitely going to need development for success in the SEC but boom could do wonders with a kid like this. Is he being looked at as a potential buck position?

Almost all highly rated HS D-Lineman have to work on technique as they are usually bigger and faster then opponents. That is why so few are great as freshmen.

You guys are depressing sometimes. Every major recruit is always going to flip Bama in some of your eyes.

His technique is sloppy. He seems to be playing against much smaller competition. Solid vision and amazing speed at defensive end. Definitely going to need development for success in the SEC but boom could do wonders with a kid like this. Is he being looked at as a potential buck position?

No disrespect but are you a football coach? Seems you enjoy critiquing all our recruits. Nothing is wrong with that just asking.

No disrespect but are you a football coach? Seems you enjoy critiquing all our recruits. Nothing is wrong with that just asking.

I am. Not saying I'm the brightest just looking for the positives and negatives in each recruit. The bright side on a lot of these young men is that what they're lacking is easily correctable.

I am. Not saying I'm the brightest just looking for the positives and negatives in each recruit. The bright side on a lot of these young men is that what they're lacking is easily correctable.

Thanks

Keep it up. I've enjoyed reading your analysis of the recruits in these threads.

• 5 weeks later...

I read on Auburn.rivals.com that Davidson is now a soft commitment to Auburn. After he went to the uat/LSU game, Saban and Kirby Smart is really putting the pressure on Marlon to flip.

I read on Auburn.rivals.com that Davidson is now a soft commitment to Auburn. After he went to the uat/LSU game, Saban and Kirby Smart is really putting the pressure on Marlon to flip.

Not gonna happen.

Guys like that always have pressure to flip. I hope he holds steady with AU.

Me too. If he's following the trends I think he has to like what he's seeing from Muschamp's D. Now, offensive recruits....not so much.

I think it will be hard to hold on to him; but I think we will; his mother hated uat and I don't think he would do that; he comes from a Auburn family; hopefully he's just enjoying the process...

WAR EAGLE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived