2016 5* DE Marlon Davidson (AU commit 9/4/15)

Browning4AU

"Teams can come in and talk to me until I'm ready to make my decision," he said. "And if they stop, then I guess I'll stick with Auburn. But if they keep coming on and keep trying, I will open my options up."

Wow...for a while, I thought he might possibly flip on us....but this makes me feel better...

This is not the type of "commitment" that I feel good about. Tre Williams, Roc Thomas, those guys committed and started recruiting for AU. The above statement says he's not committed at all. Of course, it's al.com so we need to look for the lie in there.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't see the point of a kid committing to ANY school and then saying, well I say I'm committed but I'm still open to anywhere....

The most pointless thing ever....jeez

I'd keep my options open too lol. Look at the end product.

True that. We have more talent on this team than almost everybody in College Football (LSU and bama exceptions), but we still get blown out. I stop holding grudges against players who do what is best for them.

True that. We have more talent on this team than almost everybody in College Football (LSU and bama exceptions), but we still get blown out. I stop holding grudges against players who do what is best for them.

Agreed.

I felt good about his commitment, even with the interesting comments immediately after his announcement, but I didn't expect our football team to be this bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to see he isn't 100% committed to us. Has been wondering since we haven't heard anything really about him in weeks.

Sorry -- is there new info about Marlon? He made the comments people are referring to at his commitment ceremony, where he committed to ... wait for it ... Auburn! Anything new, or just more angst?

Sorry -- is there new info about Marlon? He made the comments people are referring to at his commitment ceremony, where he committed to ... wait for it ... Auburn! Anything new, or just more angst?

There is. Marlon is keeping his options open because he is not sure about his commitment to AU right now. He knows he can come in and play right away at AU but really isn't sure where AU is heading. uat smells blood in the water and is on the prowl. Not good.

No good way to put this but recruiting is in the toilet right now.

Yeah, it is not looking good across the board at this point. I dont understand how our program could take such gigantic steps backwards since halftime of our first game. Before then, everything seemed status quo and on the up and up.

There is. Marlon is keeping his options open because he is not sure about his commitment to AU right now. He knows he can come in and play right away at AU but really isn't sure where AU is heading. uat smells blood in the water and is on the prowl. Not good.

And this shouldn't surprise anyone. When you see the roller-coaster that Auburn has been over the past 7-8 years versus the stability and consistent excellence across the state I understand why kids would have reservations about AU. As much as I hate Bammer it is particularly frustrating that we have been unable to build on and sustain our success like they have done under Saban.

Recruits often make the mistake of looking at the product on the field right NOW when in reality, they should be basing their projection of how a team will be once they are at the school based on how the prior 2 classes were

I still don't see the point of a kid committing to ANY school and then saying, well I say I'm committed but I'm still open to anywhere....

The most pointless thing ever....jeez

Sounds like a girl I used to know!

When Davidson made his comments at his commitment announcement I had a bad feeling about him sticking with us. I guess we'll find out later. It will be a shame if we miss out on another legacy.

Appreciate the info, thanks.

It's the dreaded "75% committed" thing. As in the Keith Niebuhr 247 headline, "5-star Davidson 'about 75%' solid to Tigers".

http://auburn.247spo...Tigers-39976409

True that. We have more talent on this team than almost everybody in College Football (LSU and bama exceptions),

Not even close.

If he don't want us we don't need him. Until the season starts and everybody is asking when's the talent

Wait what?

If he don't want us we don't need him. Until the season starts and everybody is asking when's the talent

? Davidson is by far AU's most important recruit. He is a must in this class. He leaves say hello to a bunch of 3 and 2 stars.

? Davidson is by far AU's most important recruit. He is a must in this class. He leaves say hello to a bunch of 3 and 2 stars.

I think cole was suggesting that anyone who thinks we don't need Davidson is wrong.

It is interesting we could go from being a great offensive team with a avg. Def. to a great Def. team with a avg. Off. in a two year time period. Davidson could be the key to that.

Archived