Rocker

ronau57

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick Fairly aside, Rocker didn't do any betrter with the D-line here than Garner has been doing, plus Rocker has stated more than once that he hates to recruit. Rocker's D-lines at UGA, despite a wealth of talent, havce not been at all impressive.

On balance we're better off with Garner.

Nick Fairly aside, Rocker didn't do any betrter with the D-line here than Garner has been doing, plus Rocker has stated more than once that he hates to recruit. Rocker's D-lines at UGA, despite a wealth of talent, havce not been at all impressive.

I agree with you but others on here just want to blame Garner for everything wrong with the line...fail to see talent gap between us and some others...should get better next year and hopefully some of the Freshmen will step up next year with this year under their belt.

Link where Rocker said that? And why is Georgia's talent supposedly so much better than ours? Also running a 3-4 d line is different than a 4-3. It's funny how when it's a coach a person likes they get credit but when it's a coach a person doesn't care for it's just the player that gets credit

Also running a 3-4 d line is different than a 4-3. It's funny how when it's a coach a person likes they get credit but when it's a coach a person doesn't care for it's just the player that gets credit

There is a lot less difference in CWM's "4-3" and Jeremy Pruitt's Saban inspired 3-4 than traditional 4-3 (and 4-2) DLs.

CWM likes to run a big strong-side DE, a zero-technique DT (essentially an NT), a 3-technique DT, and smaller, agile flexed DE/OLB hybrid (the Buck). Note DL CRG coaches the strong-side DEs, and LB coach CLT coaches the Bucks.

I realize we played Lawson in both the DE and the Buck role, but that is out of character for CWMs' scheme. I think that was driven by putting our best 11 athletes on the field, given Cass McKinzy's effectiveness at Buck.

A brief comment on Pruitt's strategy:

Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt describes his defense as varied and multiple

Thank you. I don't understand the love for him. He was a monster as a player. I am not sold on his coaching yet. If AU decided to do anything mizzou has a heck of a dline coach

I hear people high on Mizz dline coach .. My question would be how has his group faired against top rushing offenses? (Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, us a few years ago) Serious if he's stopping top rush offenses lets get em.

Overall Kuligowski, Mizzou DL coach, has done a great job with the guys he has had. Put him at a top school with the ability to get the top guys and I think you would see similar results. JMO

I would have him up near the top of my want list if our DL job came open.

Link where Rocker said that? And why is Georgia's talent supposedly so much better than ours? Also running a 3-4 d line is different than a 4-3. It's funny how when it's a coach a person likes they get credit but when it's a coach a person doesn't care for it's just the player that gets credit

UGA puts double or more the D-linemen in the NFL as AU. One of the reasons Rocker wanted to go the NFL route, is so he didn't have to recruit. Then the Titans got rid of him, UGA job came open and he took it.

UGA puts double or more the D-linemen in the NFL as AU. One of the reasons Rocker wanted to go the NFL route, is so he didn't have to recruit. Then the Titans got rid of him, UGA job came open and he took it.

Ok so uga put double more linemen in the NFL last year? Link? Rocker said that? Link? Did the titans get rid of him individually or the entire staff? But hey the dolphins got rid of saban so he clearly sucks at coaching in college right? I mean that was your point wasn't it?

Overall Kuligowski, Mizzou DL coach, has done a great job with the guys he has had. Put him at a top school with the ability to get the top guys and I think you would see similar results. JMO

Finally....someone who looks at the entire issue. I agree!

Finally....someone who looks at the entire issue. I agree!

Have seen a few others suggest that guy. He definitely coaches 'em up. Is he a good recruiter?

Ok so uga put double more linemen in the NFL last year? Link? Rocker said that? Link? Did the titans get rid of him individually or the entire staff? But hey the dolphins got rid of saban so he clearly sucks at coaching in college right? I mean that was your point wasn't it?

The Titans hired Ken Whisenhunt to be HC and he didn't retain any of the previous staff. That's normally what happens in the NFL.

The Titans hired Ken Whisenhunt to be HC and he didn't retain any of the previous staff. That's normally what happens in the NFL.

I'm not going to take your silly bait. You follow AU football close enough to know what Rocker said about recruiting, you don't need a link. Actually, I like Rocker better than Garner, having known both of them slightly. Like has nothing to do with it. They are about equal as coaches and when you toss in Garner's recruiting he's the better fit at AU right now.

AU-24, above, said all that needs to be said about UGA's superior d-line talent over the past few years.

I hear people high on Mizz dline coach .. My question would be how has his group faired against top rushing offenses? (Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, us a few years ago) Serious if he's stopping top rush offenses lets get em.

Didn't stop ours.

Didn't stop ours.

+1. I don't know much about the guy and maybe with better talent he could stop the top rushing offenses in the SEC. I just remember Nick and Tre gashing that 3 man front to no end.

Archived