Rocker

ronau57

Nick Fairly aside, Rocker didn't do any betrter with the D-line here than Garner has been doing, plus Rocker has stated more than once that he hates to recruit. Rocker's D-lines at UGA, despite a wealth of talent, havce not been at all impressive.

On balance we're better off with Garner.

Link where Rocker said that? And why is Georgia's talent supposedly so much better than ours? Also running a 3-4 d line is different than a 4-3. It's funny how when it's a coach a person likes they get credit but when it's a coach a person doesn't care for it's just the player that gets credit

I'm not going to take your silly bait. You follow AU football close enough to know what Rocker said about recruiting, you don't need a link. Actually, I like Rocker better than Garner, having known both of them slightly. Like has nothing to do with it. They are about equal as coaches and when you toss in Garner's recruiting he's the better fit at AU right now.

AU-24, above, said all that needs to be said about UGA's superior d-line talent over the past few years.

First of all you've hardly ever seen au24 post ANYTHING right about football. She usually just post emotional rants as evidence of her talking about the titans got rid of rocker as if as ct pointed out when head coaches come and go the entire coaching staff isn't replaced, so if that's who you lean on for back up just say you don't know what you're talking about and leave it at that.

Secondly you don't have any links because it's hearsay. You don't know that to be true. It's just a point you will say because it coincides with your agenda this time. You believe some things and other things you don't. You can't get mad when somebody don't believe your rumors. You say he doesn't like recruiting yet nothing shows that to be true

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick Fairly aside, Rocker didn't do any betrter with the D-line here than Garner has been doing, plus Rocker has stated more than once that he hates to recruit. Rocker's D-lines at UGA, despite a wealth of talent, havce not been at all impressive.

Link where Rocker said that? And why is Georgia's talent supposedly so much better than ours? Also running a 3-4 d line is different than a 4-3. It's funny how when it's a coach a person likes they get credit but when it's a coach a person doesn't care for it's just the player that gets credit

I'm not going to take your silly bait. You follow AU football close enough to know what Rocker said about recruiting, you don't need a link. Actually, I like Rocker better than Garner, having known both of them slightly. Like has nothing to do with it. They are about equal as coaches and when you toss in Garner's recruiting he's the better fit at AU right now.

AU-24, above, said all that needs to be said about UGA's superior d-line talent over the past few years.

First of all you've hardly ever seen au24 post ANYTHING right about football. She usually just post emotional rants as evidence of her talking about the titans got rid of rocker as if as ct pointed out when head coaches come and go the entire coaching staff isn't replaced, so if that's who you lean on for back up just say you don't know what you're talking about and leave it at that.

Secondly you don't have any links because it's hearsay. You don't know that to be true. It's just a point you will say because it coincides with your agenda this time. You believe some things and other things you don't. You can't get mad when somebody don't believe your rumors. You say he doesn't like recruiting yet nothing shows that to be true

Rocker does have the reputation that he doesn't like recruiting, cole. That's not to say that he can't do it well. But it's fairly well established that he doesn't enjoy it, as far as I can tell.

I have never seen it where he says he does not like to recruit anywhere but here..not while he was at Arky or Ole Miss. I mean he is one of the best college d line players in history, and his coaching pedigree IMO is without question. I would imagine he values recruiting as a very important aspect of his profession, specifically if he wants to maintain a high level of success.

As Maverick posted above, Smart is expected to retain Rocker so I think wishing for Rocker is a moot point. Heck, I want Lawing over Rocker anyway. Our biggest concern right now is keeping Muschamp and TRob on the staff.

wde

Rocker does have the reputation that he doesn't like recruiting, cole. That's not to say that he can't do it well. But it's fairly well established that he doesn't enjoy it, as far as I can tell.

Yes if you believe what anybody says I know they say that. Also like you pointed out he's still good at it, but of course then people all say it's not him recruiting it's Pruitt. But these are people who that know rocker isn't likely to coach here anyway.....

Lastly this is ALL Mikey does...He asks for links. It could be something obvious when he runs out of things to say about it he asks for links. Mikey is full of it, you say one thing he says well what did the coaches say? Another post you say this is what the coaches say he says well look at this and that and obviously they don't mean it...if there is a subject you're passionate about he'll post to try to make you look stupid and beating a dead horse, while he's been talking about linebackers for 4 years...And then once time passes and it's proven he was wrong he posts to make you look like a butt holefor bringing it up after he ridiculed the very thought of the idea that you turned out to be right about....I don't care what Mikey says. I mean he has an opinion and is certainly entitled to it, but he's not on the list that I actually perk up and come to conclusions with what he posts.

But anyway make pretending rocker can't coach is ludicrous

As Maverick posted above, Smart is expected to retain Rocker so I think wishing for Rocker is a moot point. Heck, I want Lawing over Rocker anyway. Our biggest concern right now is keeping Muschamp and TRob on the staff.

wde

Rocker is staying put at UGA according to the coaches search website.

........while he's been talking about linebackers for 4 years...And then once time passes and it's proven he was wrong he posts to make you look like a butt holefor bringing it up after he ridiculed the very thought of the idea that you turned out to be right about....

Proven wrong? What planet are you on? Cass had to be moved to DE, Frost took a seat to make way for Williams and oft-injured Garrett proved to be our best upperclassman linebacker. Once again, none of our linebackers will make the all-SEC team.

This year's results on the field prove me right. I know you hate that, but as they say, them's the breaks.

wde

Rocker is staying put at UGA according to the coaches search website.

That's anything but certain. If the same position were available at Auburn, I like our chances of him coming home. Coaching under Smart vs under Muschamp is a wash.

........while he's been talking about linebackers for 4 years...And then once time passes and it's proven he was wrong he posts to make you look like a butt holefor bringing it up after he ridiculed the very thought of the idea that you turned out to be right about....

Proven wrong? What planet are you on? Cass had to be moved to DE, Frost took a seat to make way for Williams and oft-injured Garrett proved to be our best upperclassman linebacker. Once again, none of our linebackers will make the all-SEC team.

This year's results on the field prove me right. I know you hate that, but as they say, them's the breaks.

You tired that together I was speaking in general. Take any one of your arguments with meta4 for example minus linebackers

You tired that together I was speaking in general. Take any one of your arguments with meta4 for example minus linebackers

When are you going to get tried of arguing with everybody, every day, that even slightly disagrees with you? If you can't ever admit your are wrong about anything, consider agreeing to disagree, then move on. As I have stated before, it gets old, when it is in the majority of forums every single day of the week.

We all have a right to our opinions. When individual Posters like Mikey and Cole get into a disagreement I read what both say as both show knowledge of the game and usually present lucid arguments on their side. I have agreed with both of them at times and I have disagreed with both of them at times. I have no problems with them or other posters disagreeing and presenting their side of any topic. What I would like to ask is for posters who disagree to present your viewpoint, rebut each other a couple of times and then move on. The last person to rebut is not the winner. At some point realize that all that can be said has been stated probably more than once and go onto another topic.

Mikey and Cole I used your names here because you seemed to be involved in this disagreement and I believe you each actually presented some valid points but at some point it is obvious that it is time to accept that people can mutually disagree. Since I picked out Mikey and Cole I would also like to give them kudos when they do disagree with others they seldom if ever get personal about it unlike some of our posters. Mikey and Cole if by using you two as an example I offended you I apologize in advance I just wanted to make a point about keeping a disagreement going on forever.

When are you going to get tried of arguing with everybody, every day, that even slightly disagrees with you? If you can't ever admit your are wrong about anything, consider agreeing to disagree, then move on. As I have stated before, it gets old, when it is in the majority of forums every single day of the week.

Could you show me the posts where you disagree with somebody and you actually think you're wrong ma'am? I'll wait...But the you're mad I hurt your feelings a month ago then placing on your cape quoting me and chastising me saving the day then flying off is getting a little annoying to be honest

Can this back 'n forth arguing not go to PM's so we don't have to weed through the crap?

Right now AU doesn't have a position available on the staff so it's ALL a moot point until Gus pulls the trigger and fires someone.

We all have a right to our opinions. When individual Posters like Mikey and Cole get into a disagreement I read what both say as both show knowledge of the game and usually present lucid arguments on their side. I have agreed with both of them at times and I have disagreed with both of them at times. I have no problems with them or other posters disagreeing and presenting their side of any topic. What I would like to ask is for posters who disagree to present your viewpoint, rebut each other a couple of times and then move on. The last person to rebut is not the winner. At some point realize that all that can be said has been stated probably more than once and go onto another topic.

Mikey and Cole I used your names here because you seemed to be involved in this disagreement and I believe you each actually presented some valid points but at some point it is obvious that it is time to accept that people can mutually disagree. Since I picked out Mikey and Cole I would also like to give them kudos when they do disagree with others they seldom if ever get personal about it unlike some of our posters. Mikey and Cole if by using you two as an example I offended you I apologize in advance I just wanted to make a point about keeping a disagreement going on forever.

No offense taken and I hear you loud and clear bro.

And this happens in EVERY THREAD(not calling any names, but especially with one of them)!

And this happens in EVERY THREAD(not calling any names, but especially with one of them)!

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Which one is he talking about. Lol.

Would it not make sense for Smart to keep Pruitt? Both are former bammers, and worked together.

I'd like to keep Muschamp and Trob, Lance and Garner I think we could upgrade.

... What if Rocker came back to Auburn and Garner back to UGA, ha

Would it not make sense for Smart to keep Pruitt? Both are former bammers, and worked together.

From what I read, Pruitt is not popular at all with the AD and some of the members of the uga coaching staff that evidently will be retained (T. Brown and B McClendon) by Smart.

wde

I could be wrong, but I believe Will will stay at least 3 or 4 more years.

You are wrong unless Muschamp remains our DC next year but takes over after Gus gets the axe after next season if Gus continues to perform in a less than adequate fashion.

wde

I could be wrong, but I believe Will will stay at least 3 or 4 more years.

You are wrong unless Muschamp remains our DC next year but takes over after Gus gets the axe after next season if Gus continues to perform in a less than adequate fashion.

wde

i think you may be right, even if you were doing this "tongue in cheek"....i would actually like to see this happen because i am sure that boom learned a hard lesson at UF about having a dominant defense and virtually no offense, and he would do things differently if he got another chance.......i had an idea that we would never rise above mediocricy when malzahn was hired, but 2013 kinda' made me think that i was wrong and it appeared that he was a great hire.....but, i've seen enough the last two years to feel that my original thoughts about malzahn were the correct ones.....

Archived