Surprises, disappointments, newcomers

corchjay

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^Yes but the connection might be tempting for them.

^^^ Replace Todd with White, Tate with Robinson, McCallebb with Martin, Burns with JF3, etc. I wish you had used a better game from that season, though--WV, Tenn, OM, NW, even UAT would've done.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Is that the same outfit that projected Kris Frost to be the #1 linebacker taken in the 2015 class?

Never saw or heard that.. Either way, respected poster KKolumbo keeps up with this stuff & he said every outlet that has done early projections has projected Rudy to go anywhere from the 1st- to 4th round but all had him drafted FWIW.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

So you don't think Gus can recreate his passing succes w/ Hand at Tulsa under the right circumstance. I'm not referring to Sean in my hypothetical. Just asking if you think your statement holds if we had an elite pocket style QB?

E, I don't think he can I the SEC. I do not think a passing attack like that can work in the sec. Or at least I don't think a title can be won in the SEC with that type of offense at this point in time.

4 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

OK thats your opinion. Mine is for our offense with CGM to be elite and win championships we need the threat of having a dual threat qb. This is just my opinion but we can be a good team 8 or 9 wins with a qb like SW, but we need a dual threat qb like Cam or NM to be elite. I am not saying we need an elite qb like Cam, but we do need to have the threat of a qb running.

I agree with this pov mostly

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

E, I don't think he can I the SEC. I do not think a passing attack like that can work in the sec. Or at least I don't think a title can be won in the SEC with that type of offense at this point in time.

Fair enough. Thanks!

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Never saw or heard that.. Either way, respected poster KKolumbo keeps up with this stuff & he said every outlet that has done early projections has projected Rudy to go anywhere from the 1st- to 4th round but all had him drafted FWIW.

I don't follow the pros much. It was AUjeff11 that found and defended the site that had Frost #1. That was in the summer before Frost's senior season.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't follow the pros much. It was AUjeff11 that found and defended the site that had Frost #1. That was in the summer before Frost's senior season.

I've defended a lot of things in my life. You might want to link the thread so I can see what exactly I defended. You're old as dirt. You know how this forum stuff works. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I've defended a lot of things in my life. You might want to link the thread so I can see what exactly I defended. You're old as dirt. You know how this forum stuff works. 

You don't expect me to sift through a year of posts, do you? Well I'm not going to. Your point at the time was that I didn't know anything about linebackers when I said Frost was not suited for the position because some NFL site had him rated #1. Does that ring a bell with you? In hindsight, it does appear that I know more about Auburn linebackers that that site you found.

It is hard for me to believe that any respectable site would rank any of our LBs in the top anything from the last few years. As for Ford, I see the potential and I see the numbers, but I hope he is ready to play like Sean Taylor come September 24th.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

You don't expect me to sift through a year of posts, do you? Well I'm not going to. Your point at the time was that I didn't know anything about linebackers when I said Frost was not suited for the position because some NFL site had him rated #1. Does that ring a bell with you? In hindsight, it does appear that I know more about Auburn linebackers that that site you found.

Yeah. I do expect you to either sift through it or use the search bar, the latter would seem to be the easiest route. It's your responsibility to back up your claims. Don't be a little tiny chihuahua that is all bark and no bite.

Edit) I used the search bar( as recommended) and it only took two or three scrolls to find the exact thread I wanted. Eat your heart but be prepared to defend your claim.

Ford has been playing awesome people. Even with the one s***ty game, he was still one of the best safeties in the SEC.

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Ford has been playing awesome people. Even with the one s***ty game, he was still one of the best safeties in the SEC.

That might be so but that doesn't excuse the fact that he ran his mouth and then got ran off the field. Everybody has a bad game, but you need to put up or shut up, if you are going to downplay someone.

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

That might be so but that doesn't excuse the fact that he ran his mouth and then got ran off the field. Everybody has a bad game, but you need to put up or shut up, if you are going to downplay someone.

Nobody is sayin any different than you are regarding the LSU game. But what I am saying is that even with the LSU game, he still performed very well. This is from PFF:

Jack Farrell? @PFF_Jack 
#Auburn's Johnathan Ford missed only 1 tackle per 15.9 attempts in 2015. Best % by a #SEC Safety in 2015.  

He is a beast. That one game, a mere anomaly.

Ford would get drafted off his physical capabilities alone. And the lsu fiasco was on alot more people than just him

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Nobody is sayin any different than you are regarding the LSU game. But what I am saying is that even with the LSU game, he still performed very well. This is from PFF:

Jack Farrell? @PFF_Jack 
#Auburn's Johnathan Ford missed only 1 tackle per 15.9 attempts in 2015. Best % by a #SEC Safety in 2015.  

He is a beast. That one game, a mere anomaly.

I am agreeing with you guy. I am sure he will get drafted. I don't think one person said he wouldn't get drafted. I even stated he has the numbers and the potential in my original post. Still, as a competitor, I am just saying don't talk crap and then go out there on national TV and be afraid to tackle the guy. Not a good look.  

Don't sit here and tell me he gave 110 % effort on that. Anomaly is OBJ dropping a wide open TD pass against my panthers last year. This is just plain on want to.

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am agreeing with you guy. I am sure he will get drafted. I don't think one person said he wouldn't get drafted. I even stated he has the numbers and the potential in my original post. Still, as a competitor, I am just saying don't talk crap and then go out there on national TV and be afraid to tackle the guy. Not a good look.  

Don't sit here and tell me he gave 110 % effort on that. Anomaly is OBJ dropping a wide open TD pass against my panthers last year. This is just plain on want to.

It's just one game. No matter how he does( last year he was one of the best as a safety in the SEC)you're still going to bring up his one bad game where he didn't back up his trash talk. 

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It's just one game. No matter how he does( last year he was one of the best as a safety in the SEC)you're still going to bring up his one bad game where he didn't back up his trash talk. 

Put your skirt down. I will definitely call him out, if he runs his mouth and doesn't back it up, just as much as I will give him his props when he plays well. So many fanboys on this forum. Same goes with SW and JF3 or anyone else on AU team.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Put your skirt down. I will definitely call him out, if he runs his mouth and doesn't back it up, just as much as I will give him his props when he plays well. So many fanboys on this forum. Same goes with SW and JF3 or anyone else on AU team.

"I am agreeing with you guy"

"Put your skirt down"

I have been nothing but civilized to you, but you keep responding like you don't want any of that. So if that's how it's going to be, so be it.

20 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Let's hope he runs some because if JF3 doesn't pan out then you need a running Qb to work the run/option.  

How much of a running QB did Gus have in Tulsa?

32 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

"I am agreeing with you guy"

"Put your skirt down"

I have been nothing but civilized to you, but you keep responding like you don't want any of that. So if that's how it's going to be, so be it.

I apologize @aujeff11. I just didn't like the innuendo that you threw out, making it seem like I have some sort of agenda against Ford. That is not the case. I know how good he is and how great he can be. I also believe that game against LSU will be circled, by not only him but the entire defense this year. From my experience, most competitors don't keep a toll of all the games they played good in, but where they failed and must get better. The LSU game does not diminish what Ford accomplished last year, still it is a black mark and I imagine Ford has learned from that experience and eagerly will be ready to accept that challenge, more so than any other game next season.

It was the same thing with my Panthers last year. I love my panthers. I love cam. His season was not diminished by that 1 loss, but his post game interview was a bad look. Me saying that about him, doesn't mean I am out to get him or only care about that. Only that I hope he grows and use that to grow as a player and become even better.

You know that pic from the Bugs Bunny cartoon of the bull sharpening horns (I don't know how to post pictures)? That's (hopefully) going to be Rudy and Tray against LSU this year.

58 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

How much of a running QB did Gus have in Tulsa?

Really didn't. He didn't use the read O much. 

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

I apologize @aujeff11. I just didn't like the innuendo that you threw out, making it seem like I have some sort of agenda against Ford. That is not the case. I know how good he is and how great he can be. I also believe that game against LSU will be circled, by not only him but the entire defense this year. From my experience, most competitors don't keep a toll of all the games they played good in, but where they failed and must get better. The LSU game does not diminish what Ford accomplished last year, still it is a black mark and I imagine Ford has learned from that experience and eagerly will be ready to accept that challenge, more so than any other game next season.

It was the same thing with my Panthers last year. I love my panthers. I love cam. His season was not diminished by that 1 loss, but his post game interview was a bad look. Me saying that about him, doesn't mean I am out to get him or only care about that. Only that I hope he grows and use that to grow as a player and become even better.

If I had any more upvotes to give, I'd give you one. We're good.:comfort:

Archived