Surprises, disappointments, newcomers

corchjay

sorry but some au fans have been disappointed  in players for a while. i still remember the mess holland had to put up with from is own fans. regaredless of what you think our kids all want to do well. they want to get drafted and get the big bucks best i can remember we even ran hollands dad off the board OR where he refused to post anymore. then we bang bama fans for being classless. these kids normally play as hard as they can push their bodies and  sometimes for whatever reason fall short. back in the eighties when i was watching a lot of auburn football if a kid stumbled it was on the coaches who were paid to deal with that sort of thing.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Surprise!

That's not fair going back and calling people to account for their stupid predictions is it?   :dunno:.   We've all made them...though perhaps a few of them are egregious enough that they should be tossed out for everyone to see.....again....like this one.....so in this case it's fair I guess.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That's not fair going back and calling people to account for their stupid predictions is it?   :dunno:.   We've all made them...though perhaps a few of them are egregious enough that they should be tossed out for everyone to see.....again....like this one.....so in this case it's fair I guess.

I don't think it was intended to be mean-spirited.  Just light teasing.

5 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

I don't think it was intended to be mean-spirited.  Just light teasing.

yep.....that's all I was doing....:)

Being a professional in saying I told you so, I personally would wait until a couple of SEC games or a big rival game was played....this actually just sets viper up to have a knock out punch if things didn't go the right way.....But that's just me

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Being a professional in saying I told you so, I personally would wait until a couple of SEC games or a big rival game was played....this actually just sets viper up to have a knock out punch if things didn't go the right way.....But that's just me

yeah...probably a good idea but I could not resist ....:)

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

While I don't disagree, Cole. Sean would have to get -10 yards for the rest of the season not to get 50 total yards, so I felt pretty safe. I wouldn't have done it had Viper not been so bold about it to begin with.

I certainly welcome people to call me out if I'm insist an about being right about something and then proven wrong. I have no trouble eating crow... tastes like chicken.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

While I don't disagree, Cole. Sean would have to get -10 yards for the rest of the season not to get 50 total yards, so I felt pretty safe. I wouldn't have done it had Viper not been so bold about it to begin with.

I certainly welcome people to call me out if I'm insist an about being right about something and then proven wrong. I have no trouble eating crow... tastes like chicken.

Hey bro do your thing. I was just saying you were leaving an opening but I'm about to stop posting apparently I'm doing something wrong so keep fighting the good fight my friend

14 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I also liked the fake field goal play, it will pay dividends for the rest of the season.  Great call Coach Fountain and team execution

I agree. I know a lot of people were saying they had wished we had saved the play for a bigger game but I think Gus and Fountain thought it out very well. 

If they call that against an sec oppenent and we lost by 1-3 points, it's a terrible move. If it works it's great but less likely in sec play. 

Call it when you know we'll win. It'll cause defensive special team units to put less pressure on blocking kicks for the rest of the season. It'll give daniel a little more cushion, especially on longer/more likely to fake field goals. 

15 hours ago, AU64 said:

Anyone who didn't have AU finishing the season at 1-1, egregious.

BTW, <50 net yards wasn't a prediction. Those went in the https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/152117-mark-my-word-2016/ thread.

12 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Problem is...surprise /= bold

9 hours ago, Charhair said:

I agree. I know a lot of people were saying they had wished we had saved the play for a bigger game but I think Gus and Fountain thought it out very well. 

If they call that against an sec oppenent and we lost by 1-3 points, it's a terrible move. If it works it's great but less likely in sec play. 

Call it when you know we'll win. It'll cause defensive special team units to put less pressure on blocking kicks for the rest of the season. It'll give daniel a little more cushion, especially on longer/more likely to fake field goals. 

Interestingly enough, T A&M is coming to JHS this week and the last time they played here they blocked a field goal right before half and ran it in for a TD.  I'm not sure if this was part of Gus' master plan, but having T A&M thinking about a possible fake FG during a long FG attempt would not be a bad thing.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interestingly enough, T A&M is coming to JHS this week and the last time they played here they blocked a field goal right before half and ran it in for a TD.  I'm not sure if this was part of Gus' master plan, but having T A&M thinking about a possible fake FG during a long FG attempt would not be a bad thing.

That was the turning point in the game. Absolutely huge play. 10 point swing right there heading into halftime. We never recovered, even though we almost pulled it off.

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You're so smart :)

Lol. I'm certainly no math genius but I'm pretty sure 58 is more than 50... and that's after game 2.

Btw, "bold"... typically diplomatic and generous of you. Pretty sure we could bust out the thesaurus and choose some equally accurate and far less flattering synonyms. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Lol. I'm certainly no math genius but I'm pretty sure 58 is more than 50... and that's after game 2.

Btw, "bold"... typically diplomatic and generous of you. Pretty sure we could bust out the thesaurus and choose some equally accurate and far less flattering synonyms. 

Trust me... it took some time to come up with "bold".

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Didn't read his responses but I assume the denial is already in full force.

Would never deny it. AGAIN, it wasn't a prediction.

Was it surprising to see Carlson running a fake FG for a TD?

Was it surprising to see Stevens with 2 TDs in one game?

Was it surprising to see Central Michigan upset Oklahoma St.?

Now, did ANYONE note any of those 3 specific surprises?

Ric%20Flair%20-%20Golden%20Spoon%20AH%20

Predictions can be checked in the Mark My Word thread.

49 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Surprise: Deshaun Davis

Dissapointment: TJ Neal

42 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Valid.

Yep, I can get with that. Darrell Williams, too. 

Have to admit, I'm not surprised that Kerryon has been so productive, but I didn't realize he was capable of out-Roc Thomasing Roc Thomas with the spin move. In fact, I think I posted somewhere that, while being our best skill player, he's not that highlight reel kind of guy. I was wrong. He's better than even Cheerleadin' Loof thought he was.

Not surprising at all- continued, successful deployment of the wildcat with him getting the snaps. May it continue until it stops working.  

Archived