Surprises, disappointments, newcomers

corchjay

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "surprise" will be the entire offense. Disappointment will be place kicking. (Daniel MAY actually miss ONE) ...

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 0:23 PM, ellitor said:

To be honest that bugs me too. I'm tired of being looked at the resident info retriever dog when people can do the simple google searches themselves.

you do a great job E and do have a lot more contact and insight than most. Not knocking anyone else, it is easy to find some of this info on our own. Keep up the good work please.

3 hours ago, auclong said:

you do a great job E and do have a lot more contact and insight than most. Not knocking anyone else, it is easy to find some of this info on our own. Keep up the good work please.

what he said

Anybody picking TJ Neal (myself included) to be a surprise or a star newcomer needs to go watch his game film. He has a long ways to go to be anything close to a decent SEC linebacker. He is blocked easily and takes terrible angles to the ball carrier. Idk, I really thought he'd be better than that with his tackle total for the season.

On 8/7/2016 at 3:04 AM, AU80cruiser said:

Anybody picking TJ Neal (myself included) to be a surprise or a star newcomer needs to go watch his game film. He has a long ways to go to be anything close to a decent SEC linebacker. He is blocked easily and takes terrible angles to the ball carrier. Idk, I really thought he'd be better than that with his tackle total for the season.

Really disappointing to hear this. I'm still holding out hope that he will be a stud considering his stats at Illinois. And I'm basing this on nothing of substance because I haven't seen the kid play single snap.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Really disappointing to hear this. I'm still holding out hope that he will be a stud considering his stats at Illinois. And I'm basing this on nothing of substance because I haven't seen the kid play single snap.

I watched him against Ohio state 1st quarter and Penn state 1st quarter which isn't a lot but it was enough to see he wasn't as good as I thought. Jake Holland comes to mind.

11 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I watched him against Ohio state 1st quarter and Penn state 1st quarter which isn't a lot but it was enough to see he wasn't as good as I thought. Jake Holland comes to mind.

lol nooo

4 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

lol nooo

Does he have the same sweat haircut as JH?

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

I always wondered why so many cemented him into the starting lineup with the LBs we currently have. I know he has a lot of experience but i think we have some pretty talented LBs. I've always felt that if given the chance Deshaun Davis would surprise some people. He may not have some of the measurables as some of the other guys but i like is football instincts and he's a grinder IMO. By many accounts Steele likes him as well. He kind of reminds me of some of the LBs Tubbs had back in the day. I think Neal may have his work cut out for him. 

1 hour ago, DyeCampAlum said:

So why are so many down on Stevens? (I'm totally in the dark on this one.)

I don't know that anyone is down on him... it's just word from the insiders is that he isn't stepping up his game like we had hoped.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't know that anyone is down on him... it's just word from the insiders is that he isn't stepping up his game like we had hoped.

Yeah, I'd heard something along the lines of "Don't expect him to be much of a factor" from our insiders. Fortunately, one of the beat writers, I think it was, said something to the contrary recently. The ebbs and flows of the offseason...

Stevens hasn't gotten much of a chance IMO. He has nice size but beyond that..what can we really gather about him in limited action he's seen. I'm one of those that thinks the younger WRs have a great chance to outperform the older group...excluding Marcus Davis. I just like the fact that the younger WRs appear more polished as WRs and physically ready for SEC. However, how can they handle it mentally and that may be the biggest difference with them. On the road against UGA, Ole Miss and Bama..can they step up. 

Disappointment: This entire thread. We are so lame that we are throwing players' names out there we think will fail for no reason. Yeah, thats classy Auburn fans for you.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, I'd heard something along the lines of "Don't expect him to be much of a factor" from our insiders. Fortunately, one of the beat writers, I think it was, said something to the contrary recently. The ebbs and flows of the offseason...

I always hope him to improve but if you watch film of him you can see. I said as much last year when people were suggesting he would actually be a more complete wr than Sammie

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Disappointment: This entire thread. We are so lame that we are throwing players' names out there we think will fail for no reason. Yeah, thats classy Auburn fans for you.

Thanks for the laugh.

51 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Thanks for the laugh.

Yeah, well I do find it funny that there is never a shortage of whining about al.com or the terrible AU beat writers dissing AU or having a negative slant, when we as AU fans think it's perfectly fine to name players a disappointment when the season hasn't even started. Even the idiotic, pathetic updykes do not do that. As stupid as they are, they love their team. AU fanbase has always been so quick to be down on their own team, find something to be negative about. Guess that will never change.

5 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Yeah, well I do find it funny that there is never a shortage of whining about al.com or the terrible AU beat writers dissing AU or having a negative slant, when we as AU fans think it's perfectly fine to name players a disappointment when the season hasn't even started. Even the idiotic, pathetic updykes do not do that. As stupid as they are, they love their team. AU fanbase has always been so quick to be down on their own team, find something to be negative about. Guess that will never change.

They're just predictions. Nobody is named dissapointments. The fact that people are exalted enough to even qualify to be a dissapointment is the best part about sports. Some people dissapointment, some people live up to expectations.

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

They're just predictions. Nobody is named dissapointments. The fact that people are exalted enough to even qualify to be a dissapointment is the best part about sports. Some people dissapointment, some people live up to expectations.

Oh I get it. We are just predicting players to be disappointments, not actually calling them a disappointment. That makes it all better now.

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Oh I get it. We are just predicting players to be disappointments, not actually calling them a disappointment. That makes it all better now.

Well some players dissapoint based on their talents. It's not attacking Auburn. I don't now why you're acting like a schoolgirl over this.

Seems this year that Tony Stevens will not live up to his potential and he is a senior, so, yes, that is a dissapointment in my eyes. Kris Frost was one last year. Along with Duke.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Well some players dissapoint based on their talents. It's not attacking Auburn. I don't now why you're acting like a schoolgirl over this.

Seems this year that Tony Stephens will not live up to his potential and he is a senior, so, yes, that is a dissapoint ment in my eyes. Kris Frost was one last year. Along with Duke.

:popcorn:

• 1 month later...
On 07/29/2016 at 11:41 AM, VipersStrike1 said:

Sean White won't have 500 yards rushing his entire career at Auburn.

50 yards this season would be a surprise.

Surprise!

Archived