question about coaches

aubiefifty

who do you guys think is the best coach on the auburn staff and why?

Herb Hand. Dude knows his stuff and really connects with the OL. Gus seems to trust him. I think it's probably the best coaching hire in 10 years. 

Plus he can cook!

Hand is a good choice on O.  Horton is also very good.  Our RBs have been good to very good under Horton.   On D, I am going with T Williams based on potential both on and off of the field.  The D staff under Muschamp was very good with T-Rob, Thompson and of course Muschamp himself.

wde

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Hand is a good choice on O.  Horton is also very good.  Our RBs have been good to very good under Horton.   On D, I am going with T Williams based on potential both on and off of the field.  The D staff under Muschamp was very good with T-Rob, Thompson and of course Muschamp himself.

wde

Rookie coach over Garner?? 

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Rookie coach over Garner?? 

When Garner proves to be at least an above average DL coach on the field at AU then I will think about giving Garner props as an on the field coach. Garner did recruit lights out in this past recruiting class and I gave him credit for it.  I want a legit on the field coach (better than average) to coach our DL.  Hopefully Garner will prove me wrong this season since he has so much talent to work with.

wde

10 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

When Garner proves to be at least an above average DL coach on the field at AU then I will think about giving Garner props as an on the field coach. Garner did recruit lights out in this past recruiting class and I gave him credit for it.  I want a legit on the field coach (better than average) to coach our DL.  Hopefully Garner will prove me wrong this season since he has so much talent to work with.

wde

Yeah well, T Will hasn't proven anything at all so putting him over Garner just because he is a rookie with a clean slate and has "potential" is absurd. 

On 7/31/2016 at 5:42 AM, aujeff11 said:

Yeah well, T Will hasn't proven anything at all so putting him over Garner just because he is a rookie with a clean slate and has "potential" is absurd. 

Yup. Almost as absurd as almost completely discounting CRG as a coach which he seems to have done many times. 

Horton - the guy has consistently produced RBs year in and year out regardless of who they are. I doubt Barber or CAP get the numbers they did under any other coach.

On 7/31/2016 at 9:35 AM, ellitor said:

Yup. Almost as absurd as almost almost completely discountinting CRG as a coach which he seems to have done many times. 

I'm not about to label any wet-behind-the-ears coach as the "best on AU's staff" until they've been coaching in the SEC for a while and proven themselves.  The SEC West if a rough neighborhood and I'm too skeptical of this coaching staff right now to tag any one of them as the best on the staff.  Our entire coaching unit has a LOT to prove this season and that starts with the head man in charge.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

I'm not about to label any wet-behind-the-ears coach as the "best on AU's staff" until they've been coaching in the SEC for a while and proven themselves.  The SEC West if a rough neighborhood and I'm too skeptical of this coaching staff right now to tag any one of them as the best on the staff.  Our entire coaching unit has a LOT to prove this season and that starts with the head man in charge.

Why was that post in reply to mine? I never said nor implied an opinion of any coach as best on staff. To be blunt, I think it's a dumb topic in the first place. What I said was the opinion of T-Will being considered as one of the best in year 1 is almost as absurd as nearly completely discounting CRG as a coach like AUH1 has done many, many times.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Why was that post in reply to mine? I never said nor implied an opinion of any coach as best on staff. To be blunt, I think it's a dumb topic in the first place. What I said was the opinion of T-Will being considered as one of the best in year 1 is almost as absurd as nearly completely discounting CRG as a coach like AUH1 has done many, many times.

I don't completely discount CRG as a coach.  I consider him to be an average at best on the field DL coach and a very, very good recruiter when motivated.  Now, Mike Pelton is one coach who I completely discounted as a coach and recruiter.  So compared to Pelton, CRG is an improvement.   Again, CRG has a stacked deck at DL this season and if the DL plays up to potential/well all year, I have no problem giving him credit for it.

wde

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Apologies elli - I just jumped in to post and hit the quote button.....My post was just a random thought.  I do however agree with you.....the topic is dumb as we overhauled nearly half the coaching staff and have no clue how some of these coaches will produce in the SEC West.

Steele Hand!

• classy.......

Archived