Jigga What

Dlewis23

Hey guys I was on a Bama board searching for Iron Bowl tickets and came across this thread. When I read the title I was like :huh: :blink::o . http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19392

Living here in Tuscaloosa I have to deal with bammers on a daily basis and all they say when they analyze this game is " Its a rivalry game so you never know". I fully understand that its a rivalry game, but bama's qb can't throw a 20 yard pass and they won't be able to run 90% of the time. I do have to give them one thing. I have never seen such dillusional confidence. :puke::ua:

For those of you that are focused on :om: I apologize for the distraction.

Ok, who put the acid in the Tuscaloser water? I quit reading after a few of them, I can only suffer through so much stupidity. I did see 2 legit posts... one I liked a lot:

BAAAADDDDD things could happen between now and then.

And even if they don't, Alabama might not score against Auburn.

And the guy that started this grand delusion....

Auburn has not had but one close ball game this year. LSU. LSU cost themselves that game. AU did nothing. Offemsively, AU had nothing until late in the game. LSU was a good defensive team. Still is. We are a GREAT defensive team. We match up well.

This guy must not have seen the game. If he did, he's got a bad memory or he'd remember that we squelched several scoring opportunities. LSU didn't (besides the obvious). They scored on the opening drive, and thats the last time they were even in the red zone. No one cost anyone that game, it was just a flat out good, hard fought game. Had LSU won that game, I think they would be sitting in our shoes right now, and we'd be in theirs. They suffered a devestating emotional defeat, knocking them down off their NC high and dashing this year's expectiations. It created a definate speed bump in their season. It happened to us last year, hence the embarassing loss to GT.

GREAT defensive team.... we'll see... Its funny how they keep it close with UT who was playing very conservatively, but still lose, and now they're great.

"You heard it hear first. I have been thinking about this game for a couple weeks now, and I have come to the realization that we match up well with them.

Auburn has not had but one close ball game this year. "

hmm, what a smart guy. He can read scores. Maybe that's because we're just that good and have beaten some tough SEC teams. Oh wait, I bet in Bammer land TN really sucks and we just got lucky, oh and Arky, they suck too. And LS Who, well those Corndogs are a joke and a win over them really means nothing at all. You know, there really isn't an SEC team besides Bammer that is any good at all. I know anything can happen in the Iron Bowl, but come on.

My favorite part;"Bama is due a big home win. Against a top ranked team" I mean well if they are due then that changes everything. Why don't we just stay home. :P

Feel for you Dlewis23. Nobody should be subjected to that kind of delusion 24/7. {involuntary shudder.} There ought'a be a law or something.

#1 defense gonna save the day, huh? Two words: Puh Leeze. Assuming they still have enough players to dress out after Croom shows them what they missed out on by not picking him, and the thrashing they'll get in Red Stick, they haven't seen an offense like AU has this season. Borges slices & dices their #1 D before halftime. The 3rd & 4th strings will be in the game before the fans get tired of booing & head home to their double-wides to kick the dog & pull a gun on Junior for disturbing their foul mood. WDE :au:

AUloggerhead

"The 3rd & 4th strings will be in the game before the fans get tired of booing & head home to their double-wides to kick the dog & pull a gun on Junior for disturbing their foul mood. WDE "

Vicious, man. Vicious. I love it. :au:

The only thing missing from that thread was I didn't hear anything about the twelve national championships. I guess Phylis got a computer though

The one way Bama might beat us is if we go into the game saying things like "it's impossible", "they'll be done by halftime", "their defense has never seen an offense like ours", "they can't pass so they can't possibly win".

We'll be fine as long as we focus, play up to our capabilities, and not go in overconfident.

However, saying "there's no way Alabama can beat Auburn" and acting like it already a done deal is just as delusional as Tidefans saying a Bama victory is a sure thing--and a recipe for an upset. [Fortunately, I think it's only fans, not players and coaches, that are saying things like this.]

To save some typing from now on: OGAAT--One Game At A Time

[Edited a typo]

no offense guys...but one thing i have learned over here is that the only bama fans you guys are willing to call classy and non delusional...are the ones willing to kiss AU's a$$.

if a bama fan thinks we have a shot at beating au this year...and verbalizes it...you want to paint him as an idiot...i dont think that is fair.

do i think we can beat AU this year. most definitely. will i EXPECT us to? no. but its the iron bowl. we do have legit defense and special teams. all it takes is a couple of mistakes...

That has to be the stupidest reasoning I have ever seen on a college football board. Do they not get any smarter over there?

One thing is for sure... our team has to focus. At this point I am not counting anyone out. We could blunder and lose to UGA, we could blunder and lose to Bama. We could blunder and lose to Ole Miss (although that is the most unlikely to happen). Like WarTim would say...

ONE AT A TIME.

War Eagle. :au:

Do I need to remind everyone what happened the last time AU was a HEAVY favorite against UA? I think we were a 2 TD favorite and they handed us our heads on a platter, in our stadium. I'm sure Tub has not forgotten that and will not let the players forget what can happen without full dedication.

We should have won last year's game by 3-4 TD's, but we messed around and they actually had a chance at the end. It is time to put a blow-out on them!

no offense guys...but one thing i have learned over here is that the only bama fans you guys are willing to call classy and non delusional...are the ones willing to kiss AU's a$$.

if a bama fan thinks we have a shot at beating au this year...and verbalizes it...you want to paint him as an idiot...i dont think that is fair.

do i think we can beat AU this year. most definitely. will i EXPECT us to? no. but its the iron bowl. we do have legit defense and special teams. all it takes is a couple of mistakes...

115873[/snapback]

Lest you thought I was calling you delusional, BG:

I only meant those Bama fans who say a victory is "a sure thing" are delusional, as are Auburn fans who are equally adamant about an Auburn victory.

Of course Bama has a chance and no one is crazy for thinking that. It is a long shot, as you admit, so I would say someone is crazy if they bet their house, straight up--no spread, on a Tide win.

I really don't see what is wrong with the article. Looks to me like an Alabama fan who is hopeful of a win posting this on his board. They do have a good defense. I disagree with him saying that we have not played anybody.

We haven't played anybody, even though a win over UT by Bama would have been a "Signature win" according to most pundits. When we beatch slapped em' 34-10, they really aren't that good.

Archived