2013 4* RB Johnathan "Rudy" Ford signs with AU!

minister of music

I'm a Vandy alum, you remember, but I think it's gonna be mighty tough to pull a kid from a Vandy commitment. If he's that good, they'll use him next year. They has Zac Stacy and still got time for two freshmen this year. And if you commit to Vandy, you've already turned down the bigger lights for what they're selling. Seems a reach to me, but I dunno. He grew up Auburn.

He was not recruited hard by bigger schools. He just got his 4th star.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll add. I'd like to get another RB. (Tenpenny is visiting after all.)

But I feel decent with Mason/Blakeley/Grant/CAP, plus some Bray in the slot. That's more depth than we've had some years, when we've even been productive.

With Mason/Blakely/Grant/CAP we only have one guy on that list that has more than 2 years of eligibility and that is Blakely (who seems to be inconsistent at best with play and probability to be on the team)

I would feel significantly more comfortable having at least one if not more freshman coming in to provide future depth. While it seems like freshman are coming in and contributing now that is still a new phenomenon and can't be counted on

I'll add. I'd like to get another RB. (Tenpenny is visiting after all.)

But I feel decent with Mason/Blakeley/Grant/CAP, plus some Bray in the slot. That's more depth than we've had some years, when we've even been productive.

With Mason/Blakely/Grant/CAP we only have one guy on that list that has more than 2 years of eligibility and that is Blakely (who seems to be inconsistent at best with play and probability to be on the team)

I would feel significantly more comfortable having at least one if not more freshman coming in to provide future depth. While it seems like freshman are coming in and contributing now that is still a new phenomenon and can't be counted on

Im not that concerned with whether or not Auburn signs a RB this year. Auburn has sufficient depth there this year and next year will be the 1st full year for this staff to go hard after the players they want. A true freshman in this class is not going to make that big a difference short or long term. It'd be great if they got a surprise but that wont make or break this years class IMO.

Vandy commit Johnathan Ford is headed to the Plains for a visit. Auburn has made him a priority for this class. I expect AU to give him something to think about. With a good visit, Ford could flip.

735061_10151263909935888_2090073375_n.jpg

Photo via AuburnUndercover.com

Read elsewhere that he is in Auburn today so I asked a State fan on another board and they said he cancelled his visit there for this weekend.

Yep. Auburn has made Ford a priority.

@bartonsimmons

Johnathan Ford heading to #Auburn RT @rudythebeast5: Almost at plains

reminds me a little of tre mason ... not necessarily in stature but rating and timeframe of getting on the auburn recruiting scene in a legit way ... i know his name has been out there for a while, but it really has heated up ... was this time frame with tre if i remember correctly.

as far as stature goes. ford is listed on 247 as 5'-11" 190 ... tre was listed at about not far from that, although he blew up pretty quick in the summer leading up to auburn. if he comes on board and provides the production that tre mason is capable of, then i'll be pleased.

Johnathan Ford is being recruited for something most fords are not known for...speed.

When I was a teen and into muscle cars....

F fix

O or

R repair

D daily

Johnathan Ford is being recruited for something most fords are not known for...speed.

Haha, nice. Lots of talk that James Franklin was going to pull his offer if he visited another school. Have you heard anything regarding this situation. BTW, we all appreciate what you bring to the site. I know a lot of people thank you, but you go above and beyond what is expected on a free site, and it is greatly appreciated cannot be mentioned enough.

Haha, nice. Lots of talk that James Franklin was going to pull his offer if he visited another school. Have you heard anything regarding this situation. BTW, we all appreciate what you bring to the site. I know a lot of people thank you, but you go above and beyond what is expected on a free site, and it is greatly appreciated cannot be mentioned enough.

If you were a girl I would be blushing lol but seriously Thank you. Have not heard that on Franlik but Ford was supposed to visit Miss St. this weekend but reversed direction to visit Auburn instead.

F fix

O or

R repair

D daily

Classic for sure. My Dad would always respond First On Race Day. Good times. :)

F fix

O or

R repair

D daily

I also Liked

F fix

I it

A again

T tony

As a Vandy fan, I'm pretty sure Vandy regarded him as a steal right from the beginning. He also had interest from Stanford, which says something to me about Vandy as a good fit. Plus (as I said before) Vandy plays young guys right away.

As a Vandy fan, I'm pretty sure Vandy regarded him as a steal right from the beginning. He also had interest from Stanford, which says something to me about Vandy as a good fit. Plus (as I said before) Vandy plays young guys right away.

They have to.... ;) I remember going to AU games there when the pa announcer would prompt the crowd with......."It's time to show your GOLD!" to get the fans to make some noise.

F fix

O or

R repair

D daily

Me too. Especially when it came to this guy

DaveyAllison.jpeg

What is this world coming to when we're trying to flip Vandy's commits?!

Vandy is not typical Vandy. Ford is a concensus 3* and Vandy is a concensus top 20 recruiting class this year and ahead of Auburn on 3 of the 4 sites right now.

Vandy's nowhere near Auburn this year in terms of average quality. It's just their class is all but set. But I really enjoyed how Vandy lined up with people and popped 'em this year. Haven't seen that in forever, esp. from the OL.

Archived