2013 4* RB Johnathan "Rudy" Ford signs with AU!

minister of music

Just went and watched Johnathon films again. He is one of those it kids. In that he has "IT" whatever "IT" is. If he can pick up another step of speed or gets just strong enough to always make the first guy miss, then we are looking at an elite back.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ford decommits from Vandy

Bell decommits from UCF

Golson decommits FSU

Walton decommits from PSU

Good GRIEF Batman

Gee....I didn't know players decommitted from any school except AU. :-\

Hearing he may take a the trip to UGA. I doubt he goes on FSU visit. The backstory here in New Hope is that Franklin kept threatning to pull the offer. I think he moves on from Vandy. I DONT think we have him locked down. He is the kind of kid that if he is not 100% committed he will tell you. It may be that he is just doing the right thing without the pressure from Franklin. I will be shocked if he announces before NSD.

Bell decommits from UCF

Golson decommits FSU

Good GRIEF Batman

Gee....I didn't know players decommitted from any school except AU. :-\

Surprising isn't it ? ;)

Hearing he may take a the trip to UGA. I doubt he goes on FSU visit. The backstory here in New Hope is that Franklin kept threatning to pull the offer. I think he moves on from Vandy. I DONT think we have him locked down. He is the kind of kid that if he is not 100% committed he will tell you. It may be that he is just doing the right thing without the pressure from Franklin. I will be shocked if he announces before NSD.

I'll buy you a cheeseburger and shake at Dots if you keep the news coming! I like this kid big time!

I don't blame the kid. No way he could have seen what's coming. But he did put Franklin in an impossible situation. Franklin found a steal in Ford, and Ford committed. Franklin hasn't seriously sought a back-up plan, so far as I could tell, until all hell broke loose. I would imagine Franklin had to ask him, "Hey, are we solid?"

Again, I don't blame the kid. But Franklin needs to know where that position stands. He's got 3 RBs on the roster. They're all good, but none of them has the size/speed combo Ford brings. And he's thin. If one of the 3 goes down, that's a serious problem.

Bell decommits from UCF

Golson decommits FSU

Good GRIEF Batman

And Lawson is still committed to Auburn.

Haha, Dot's is never open when Im home. I did message him earlier tonight to see how he was and to let him know were praying for him. He did message me back "thanks". I truly believe he has moved beyond Vandy but is grieving s bit. Dont be suprised if they come back in play. Heard from a teacher that a big in-home visit is tomorrow but I dont know who with.

I kind of expect that Jordan Wilkins will stay at home in Nashville now. Seems I remember it was between us and Vandy for his services back when he committed initially.

In other words, we might end up swapping backs with the Commodores. And I don't think we'll be on the short end of that trade, either.

Here this should be easier.

717df41885d311822649f01194b2a2a5.png

Thanks I couldn't get it to paste. :dunno:

I don't do The Twitter, or speak youngster. Could somebody decipher that please?

Ford: "Hello good chap how are you on this fine winters day"

Melton: "Good, was your visit top notch old chum?"

Ford: "Indeed good sir, I am laughing so much I feel I may fall over dead" (kmsl means killing myself laughing)

Melton: "Splendid! You should commit post haste and be a part of the brethren known as the Auburn family"

Ford: "You make a valid point my good man!"

Melton: "Indeed!"

Thank you! Japanese is much easier...

I would rather swap backs with the 'dores than the Rebs. I believe Ford would be a better fit than Barber.

I would rather swap backs with the 'dores than the Rebs. I believe Ford would be a better fit than Barber.

It would be great to get both....PB is more downhill runner while Ford has incredible break away speed. They would compliment each other nicely.

Gus is in New Hope @ the school! Get that man some Dot's! I guess Gus was the big in home visit or he's trumping them. My phone hasbhasbeen blowing up with Gus sightings.

Gus is in New Hope @ the school! Get that man some Dot's! I guess Gus was the big in home visit or he's trumping them. My phone hasbhasbeen blowing up with Gus sightings.

Beat me to it! I tried to get word to him to grab a burger but he was already gone.

I just talked to a fellow senior at NH that said He is still very much considering Vandy. So dont be suprised if he still goes that route. I dont expect any decisons still until NSD.

@LarryBaker20

@rudythebeast5 can u sleep well tonight? You are a coward!!!! U must have missed something called Character, intigrity growing up.

Poor Kid.

@LarryBaker20

@rudythebeast5 can u sleep well tonight? You are a coward!!!! U must have missed something called Character, intigrity growing up.

Poor Kid.

Nice message to send to your possible future teammate.

Lots of kids seem to be waiting until LSD to announce their decisions.

Question for someone who might know:

Seems we are starting to get toward our maximum....and I see on some other threads about kids like Bell or others who might have missed an "open window" to make their commitment. How many schollys will Gus reserve for these last minute commitments ?

Lots of kids seem to be waiting until LSD to announce their decisions.

Question for someone who might know:

Seems we are starting to get toward our maximum....and I see on some other threads about kids like Bell or others who might have missed an "open window" to make their commitment. How many schollys will Gus reserve for these last minute commitments ?

LSD?

@LarryBaker20

Poor Kid.

It was from a 50+ y/o fan. Now, I do tweet, but just positive stuff like good luck ,war eagle, congrats..etc. This type of mess from guys like him is uncalled for IMO.

@LarryBaker20

Poor Kid.

That was from a fan. Vandy's version of Updyke I presume.

Beat me to it, Dan.

Archived