2013 4* RB Johnathan "Rudy" Ford signs with AU!

minister of music

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melton is all over him on twitter. Is Ford our last shot at a rb in this class?

No. We will get at least one more. It may be someone we have not heard mentioned with Auburn yet. I don't have a specific name. I just know the coaches are adamant about getting another RB in this class.

Tweets

1h Kamryn Melton ‏@_NoFlyZoneMelt

War Eagle @rudythebeast5 !!

1h Johnathan Ford ‏@rudythebeast5

@_NoFlyZoneMelt what up fam.!'

@rudythebeast5 your visit was A1?

1h Johnathan Ford ‏@rudythebeast5

@_NoFlyZoneMelt yessir !!!" kmsl turn up

@rudythebeast5 yeahhh... Mite as well gone and join the fam

49m Johnathan Ford ‏@rudythebeast5

@_NoFlyZoneMelt i got u..:-)

Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

12:32 PM - 27 Jan 13 · Details

42m Kamryn Melton ‏@_NoFlyZoneMelt

@rudythebeast5 bet

Rudy did grow up an AU fan and his dad is a huge AU fan .  It's gonna be a toss up. I'd say it's almost even with AU/ Vandy. Our community is excited for him. If Rudy flips it will be a National Signing Day announcement. He's a really private/ sincere kid. He's also really smart and if he said he's thinking about it, then AU is definitley being considered. Like I said before had AU been earlier in the game he'd been a lock. I can say video doesnt do him justice to how fast he is.

Rudy did grow up an AU fan and his dad is a huge AU fan . It's gonna be a toss up. I'd say it's almost even with AU/ Vandy. Our community is excited for him. If Rudy flips it will be a National Signing Day announcement. He's a really private/ sincere kid. He's also really smart and if he said he's thinking about it, then AU is definitley being considered. Like I said before had AU been earlier in the game he'd been a lock. I can say video doesnt do him justice to how fast he is.

Thanks for the info. I guess the previous staff was more confident in other prospects earlier in the process. Hopefully, he and his family realizes this is a whole new staff with a different offense and direction. I hate we offered hime so late!! Ford is a good running back with great vision, agility, and cutting ability. Ford might not be as fast Omac but he definitely has wheels. Ford would be scary on kick off returns and on those sweep plays Omac ran. Ford doesn't seem afraid of contact either. War Eagle Ford, hopefully you join the Auburn family.

Vandy perspective. He's extremely important to them. Stacy has left, and now they have two very effective RBs. But they do not have a physical presence back there anymore. Warren Norman is the closest thing, but he barely saw the field last year. So this is huge for Vandy, who must have believed they had him locked up just a month ago.

On the other hand, some of those things are the very reasons he should probably stick with Vandy. It's not gonna be easy to get on the field with Auburn for awhile. Vandy does play young guys. I think -- hard to be unbiased -- if I were his friend, I'd encourage him to stick with Vandy.

Vandy perspective. He's extremely important to them. Stacy has left, and now they have two very effective RBs. But they do not have a physical presence back there anymore. Warren Norman is the closest thing, but he barely saw the field last year. So this is huge for Vandy, who must have believed they had him locked up just a month ago.

On the other hand, some of those things are the very reasons he should probably stick with Vandy. It's not gonna be easy to get on the field with Auburn for awhile. Vandy does play young guys. I think -- hard to be unbiased -- if I were his friend, I'd encourage him to stick with Vandy.

I'm glad you're not his friend.

+1

Man imagine for most of the season the only love you really got was from Vandy and a few other solid schools. Then a week before signing day Auburn, FSU, and UGA all come a knocking telling you they want ya. That has to make a kids head spin

+1

:lol: It's tough for me. Neither Auburn nor Vandy has another freshman recruit at the position. ;)

Here this should be easier.

717df41885d311822649f01194b2a2a5.png

Thanks I couldn't get it to paste. :dunno:

I don't do The Twitter, or speak youngster. Could somebody decipher that please?

Ford: "Hello good chap how are you on this fine winters day"

Melton: "Good, was your visit top notch old chum?"

Ford: "Indeed good sir, I am laughing so much I feel I may fall over dead" (kmsl means killing myself laughing)

Melton: "Splendid! You should commit post haste and be a part of the brethren known as the Auburn family"

Ford: "You make a valid point my good man!"

Melton: "Indeed!"

Thanks I couldn't get it to paste. :dunno:/>

I don't do The Twitter, or speak youngster. Could somebody decipher that please?

Ford: "Indeed good sir, I am laughing so much I feel I may fall over dead" (kmsl means killing myself laughing)

Melton: "Splendid! You should commit post haste and be a part of the brethren known as the Auburn family"

This is the best post ever!

Thanks I couldn't get it to paste. :dunno:

Thanks! You had me at hello.

It's 9:20 EST. At 7:00, the twitterverse was all Auburn. Now, the word is he'll visit either UGA or FSU. Kid's life is changing fast.

Oh and mods: why don't we get his name right in the title? Might be a nice touch....

It's 9:20 EST. At 7:00, the twitterverse was all Auburn. Now, the word is he'll visit either UGA or FSU. Kid's life is changing fast.

Oh and mods: why don't we get his name right in the title? Might be a nice touch....

Just remember...the root of Twitter is "twit", not "tweet"

Thanks I couldn't get it to paste. :dunno:/>

This is the best post ever!

Definitely one of the best posts of the year so far. Splendid work, old chap!

Archived