Allegations against Auburn

WarDamnEagle#1

So help me out here:

Were Auburn coaches so desperate to keep players eligible and playing in games that they would change a bunch of grades and pay guys off to keep them happy? Or were they so racist and crazy that they held frequent random drug tests targeting suspect guys (especially blacks)?

Did they love Darvin so much that they were willing to pay him thousands of dollars to stay for his senior year or so pissed with him and other guys that they'd undermine their draft stock to NFL scouts (and in the process hurt their own coaching resumes by putting less players in the League)?

McNeil thought he was on an innocent trip to get something to eat but enters the house with a black t-shirt over his head? In what universe does that make any damn sense? Either he thought it was a prank and went in with his face covered for that reason, or he knew it was a robbery and joined in. What makes no sense is to hide your face when you're trying to stop a robbery from happening.

Auburn wanted to keep McNeil quiet about the supposed "dirt" he has on Auburn and did so by encouraging his arrest and scapegoating him? Did Auburn think people in jail have no way of talking to others? Is this the way anyone attempts to keep someone in their good graces?

Auburn coaches couldn't stand long hair and tats (especially on black guys), but half the damn team including multiple starters on both offense and defense (of both races) had both long hair and tattoos...and one of the most visible, Darvin Adams, they were willing to pay thousands of dollars to keep for another year? Really?

Did Auburn try to cover up the arrests in cooperation with the Auburn police or did they encourage the arrests to get rid of some bad apples? The article claims both. This makes no sense.

---------------------------

Surely I'm not the only one that thinks this article is its own worst enemy. The contradictions and asinine logical leaps are too obvious.

You ask some good questions. This is clearly more of the same that has been coming our way for years now. This may be the least credible and most poorly presented. I suspect by the time all the holes are pointed out in this one that is goes away in less than 3 days. The new twist is the addition of Will Muschamp. This is clearly an addition that is news to all and seems so oddly out of place that it must be a warning shot at him. What has he done to tick of our enemies?

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best thing that could come from this is that the fact that so many regional and national sources have picked up on it that it might finally spark someone into creating legislation that specifically forbids and penalizes someone for printing falsehoods on the Internet in order to get their 15 minutes.

Think about it, we can kill two birds with one stone. We'd get all of these idiots away from their keyboards and get loads of charity work done while they are on parole and forced community service.

My first reaction to this story was disgust at more bad press. I was especially disappointed that ESPN reported this story. But the more I read, the more I come to the conclusion that I for one love this article. After 4 years, this is the best and most credible story that they can come up with?!

This story will fizzle just like the HBO story. And i think that it is starting to have the opposite affect that it was intended to have. Alabama fans that i know are even tired of hearing these baseless accusations. And this story will only serve is to remind people that Auburn has yet to be proven guilty of ANY wrongdoing!

My first reaction to this story was disgust at more bad press. I was especially disappointed that ESPN reported this story. But the more I read, the more I come to the conclusion that I for one love this article. After 4 years, this is the best and most credible story that they can come up with?!

This story will fizzle just like the HBO story. And i think that it is starting to have the opposite affect that it was intended to have. Alabama fans that i know are even tired of hearing these baseless accusations. And this story will only serve is to remind people that Auburn has yet to be proven guilty of ANY wrongdoing!

I like your attitude about it....but Im doubting the bammer fans tired of it part :-\

Dyer's uncle said MD was never even close to being declared ineligible. Since MD was a true freshman during the NC game, he would've only completed his first semester at AU.

Lion.....are you kidding?   A law requiring that only the truth be posted on the internet? :Sing:   Boy that really sounds enforceable ...like a law that prevents criminals from owning guns....that's been working well lately too.   The other interesting thing about this thread is the person starting the ball rolling is reported to be a graduate of AU's now defunct Journalism School....and the solution is that we should re-start the Journalism School so we can turn out more like her.....I like that answer.   Meanwhile, in this dull period between football seasons, good old SR has given everyone something to talk about and al.com which was down to a dozen or so responses to their various daily news items is probably blown off line by the bammers rushing to comment about AU .  Better still, those four or five sports hacks currently writing for al.com are being enriched by the hundreds....yea, perhaps thousands of comments/responses to their regurgitation of the SR post.      This story has more potential to stimulate the local economy than the Fed does my giving taxpayer money to politically connected corporate donors.

So help me out here:

Were Auburn coaches so desperate to keep players eligible and playing in games that they would change a bunch of grades and pay guys off to keep them happy? Or were they so racist and crazy that they held frequent random drug tests targeting suspect guys (especially blacks)?

Did they love Darvin so much that they were willing to pay him thousands of dollars to stay for his senior year or so pissed with him and other guys that they'd undermine their draft stock to NFL scouts (and in the process hurt their own coaching resumes by putting less players in the League)?

McNeil thought he was on an innocent trip to get something to eat but enters the house with a black t-shirt over his head? In what universe does that make any damn sense? Either he thought it was a prank and went in with his face covered for that reason, or he knew it was a robbery and joined in. What makes no sense is to hide your face when you're trying to stop a robbery from happening.

Auburn wanted to keep McNeil quiet about the supposed "dirt" he has on Auburn and did so by encouraging his arrest and scapegoating him? Did Auburn think people in jail have no way of talking to others? Is this the way anyone attempts to keep someone in their good graces?

Auburn coaches couldn't stand long hair and tats (especially on black guys), but half the damn team including multiple starters on both offense and defense (of both races) had both long hair and tattoos...and one of the most visible, Darvin Adams, they were willing to pay thousands of dollars to keep for another year? Really?

Did Auburn try to cover up the arrests in cooperation with the Auburn police or did they encourage the arrests to get rid of some bad apples? The article claims both. This makes no sense.

Surely I'm not the only one that thinks this article is its own worst enemy. The contradictions and asinine logical leaps are too obvious.

I want this story to be false, but I don't see these questions as being as compelling as you do. The big question I have around this involves why McNeil is the centerpiece of the story, when clearly he's compromised as a source.

The only guy who seems to be sticking to his role in the story is Darvin Adams. If he stands by it, that worries me.

Blanc's statements are not the clearest, but they do seem to indicate that the players' "statements" in the article were at best hearsay or at worst fabricated. Seems like she may have told the interviewees that so-and-so said this, and if the interviewee did not specifically say to her that that couldn't be true, she quoted them as saying the same thing.

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1491490

So help me out here:

I want this story to be false, but I don't see these questions as being as compelling as you do. The big question I have around this involves why McNeil is the centerpiece of the story, when clearly he's compromised as a source.

The only guy who seems to be sticking to his role in the story is Darvin Adams. If he stands by it, that worries me.

Lets say for arguments sake that Darvin is telling the truth....bad-mouthing players to an NFL scout is no ncaa infraction, bad for recruiting but that staff's gone(assuming Gus wasn't involved and their has been no indication he was). IF and i mean IF the former staff did offer him money to stay(which I find very hard to believe) then unless Darvin recorded the convo(i.e. Eric Ramsey) then there is still nothing there that puts us in jeopardy with the ncaa.

I like how on Mike and Mike, they were basically talking about all this like it was proven fact, not even bothering to mention that all these allegations were from a kid who is about to go on trial for armed robbery and many of the quoted players are denying they said those things. About 20 years ago I think espn had some integrity but no more.

Dude, don't youknow that the TRUTH does not sell? These guys are promoting their show and trying to create as much buzz as they can. What their spin lacks in honesty is made up for(in their mind) by the buzz it creates for their show.

Collin Cowherd just asked the question that I wish someone in his position would seek the answer too. "Why is it always Auburn in the middle of situations like this?" If he would really search out the answer to that question he would find the red elephant.

Collin also came back and said we are the dirtest program in the SEC. Then he goes on that state "Where is my proof? My proof is from two credible sources." A coach in the SEC and a former Auburn player was he source he said. LMAO! Sure...that's proof! He said the she correctly reported the story on A-Rod but failed to mentioned she was totally wrong on the Duke situation. Sure...he's real bias! LOL!

If anyone believes this woman that is sad. She was accused by Arod of stalking him, made up crap about the Duke lacross team, and was fired from SI and the NY times. Oh yah she has real credibility. Seems like a desperate attemnt at attention. Is she dating Pete Thamel? Unfortunetly ESPN will run with any juicy story whether it’s false or true. This is why they have become the MTV of the sports world.

Lion.....are you kidding? A law requiring that only the truth be posted on the internet? :Sing: Boy that really sounds enforceable ...like a law that prevents criminals from owning guns....that's been working well lately too. The other interesting thing about this thread is the person starting the ball rolling is reported to be a graduate of AU's now defunct Journalism School....and the solution is that we should re-start the Journalism School so we can turn out more like her.....I like that answer. Meanwhile, in this dull period between football seasons, good old SR has given everyone something to talk about and al.com which was down to a dozen or so responses to their various daily news items is probably blown off line by the bammers rushing to comment about AU . Better still, those four or five sports hacks currently writing for al.com are being enriched by the hundreds....yea, perhaps thousands of comments/responses to their regurgitation of the SR post. This story has more potential to stimulate the local economy than the Fed does my giving taxpayer money to politically connected corporate donors.

No, I'm not kidding. Blogs have become the de facto press in this country and they need to be reigned in. People feel free to make up anything they want and post it as truth, because there is really no recourse for individuals who are harmed by what is posted. The court of public opinion has grown to the level where it can, in many ways, impose the death penalty on someone because one blogger can spout something false and in a matter of hours, all of the flaming idiots out there can pretty much ruin someone's life. Because there is no precedent to deal with that, there is nothing to stop it, so it keeps happening.

If little miss muckraker was still employed by a publication, this story would never have seen the light of day, because they have rules that they have to follow. Now that she's on her own, however, she can write whatever she wants and the major publications can report it as something she wrote, absolving themselves from any liability.

Please, people, RELAX! A washed-up reporter is getting the only kind of hit she can. Two things: please do investigate the recruitment of Dre' Kirpatrick, and two, since we have fired or released every Coach that might be involved with this, the only thing left to do is fire the AD and ASST AD!!!! I like that idea.

We know it is not true but it still hurts Auburn; that's what people are mostly mad about. Plus the fact that EVERY reporter has something against us. It hurts us as far as recruiting and in other areas as well. That's why we have to step up and take a stand or it will continue and affect us more and more. LOL!

I would love for Auburn to turn this around and sue these reporters for some form of defamation of character or something.

For real! What do people have against Auburn? They act like we are winning freaking 50 National Championships or something! Good grief...we just won 3 games this year and 0 in the SEC! What the F?!

I'm tired of this shid and our AD needs to get a handle on this crap once and for all. People think we did something...go to Auburn for a few weeks and do all the freaking digging you want to do. If the HBO special didn't come of anything what makes people think this will. It's bascially the same allegations! I'm just tired of this shid and we need to step up and defend ourselves some kind of way b/c it's just going to continue and continue. SMDH.

They are hitting a man when he's down! I cant wait to see the segment where apparently we payed Wes Byrum too!

Are you serious? She saying we paid Wes?! LMAO! A F'n kicker? Who pays a kicker? LMAO. This woman is clearly trying to get back to the standard of SI and ESPN and going after the easiest target she could find. Every other reporter has picked on us so she is trying to see what may stick. I don't believe any of the crap but the sheer fact that these type of reports hurt our school no matter if it is true or not.

It's time that reporters start paying for their careless reporting of just putting things out that they hear and don't actually go and find facts and evidence and "report" the truth! They are just writing hear say and hoping to find some facts when the story gets picked up. Where is the evidence? I think she mad b/c she didn't get the scoop on the Rutgers incident. If she shows up with a video tape then I'll start listening to this crap!

I was being sarcastic, I hope I didn't give her any idea though lol. Sorry haha

OH.. I was like WTF! LOL!

So help me out here:

McNeil is the center piece of the story. That is what Roberts says is her reason for writing the article.

http://www.al.com/au...oberts_def.html

Roberts: I remember this story when it came out a couple years ago and I remember the original release. I remember that one hand gun in the original release. I don't think it's a secret that I went to Auburn. I think that most people understand that I did go there, so I take an interest in what goes on. I remember the release and I remember one hand gun and then I remember the Antonio Goodwin trial. I was thinking: well, then, why are there suddenly two hand guns and there was another thing that said three? It just didn't ring right to me, so I started exploring the case. And Mike McNeil's case just happened to be next.

What Roberts did was to add every bit of intrigue to the article she could tie in. Drugs, guns, violence, injustice, payoffs, Chizik, Muschamp, paying players, police profiling, racial undertones, grade scandals, police coverups, Auburn/Bad, failed drug tests, former players who left early and it makes for excellent headlines. She could of done better if she had included a sex scandal, murder by the board of trustees and Cam Newton in the story somehow. Hey, but she said there would be a part two.

I like how on Mike and Mike, they were basically talking about all this like it was proven fact, not even bothering to mention that all these allegations were from a kid who is about to go on trial for armed robbery and many of the quoted players are denying they said those things. About 20 years ago I think espn had some integrity but no more.

Dude, don't youknow that the TRUTH does not sell? These guys are promoting their show and trying to create as much buzz as they can. What their spin lacks in honesty is made up for(in their mind) by the buzz it creates for their show.

Collin Cowherd just asked the question that I wish someone in his position would seek the answer too. "Why is it always Auburn in the middle of situations like this?" If he would really search out the answer to that question he would find the red elephant.

Collin also came back and said we are the dirtest program in the SEC. Then he goes on that state "Where is my proof? My proof is from two credible sources." A coach in the SEC and a former Auburn player was he source he said. LMAO! Sure...that's proof! He said the she correctly reported the story on A-Rod but failed to mentioned she was totally wrong on the Duke situation. Sure...he's real bias! LOL!

I was hoping he was looking for the answer but I guess not. Just one more espn hack pandering to the masses.

Must be nice to be a UGA fan, a FLA fan, or a Oklahoma fan. Must be nice to get excited about football, without having to look over your shoulder, wondering when the next embarrassing attack will come. Because you know another is coming every few months.

Must be nice to be an alum/ fan of a program that when it's name is mentioned around the country, the first thoughts that come to mind aren't cheating, scandal, and fraud.

This is getting tiresome.

The problem is Selena Roberts left her job at SI, and started her own website. Since the release of the website I do not think she has had a HUGE story. If this turns out to be any truth at all (which I doubt) her website would be booming. Who would benefit from this? Selena Roberts. Let's be honest with all the reports of "Auburn Paying players" this would be an article that is half believable by the media. She has a shady past, and no better than a bama blogger at this point shooting for the moon, and hoping to hit it big.

Darvin Adams left early because he absolutely needed money. He has a couple kids, right? It seemed to be common knowledge that another year of college ball would absolutely benefit fit him but he really needed a pay check. That being said I don't see why he would gone pro if Auburn offered him money to stay.

The best thing that can happen to crap pieces like the woman has written is for just ONE of the former AU players to sue her for libel. That's all it will take for crap like this to stop.

I look forward to seeing Blanc sue her britches off of her ass. He said she misquoted and twisted his words - the he needs to go to his lawyer and sue her right now.

The problem is Selena Roberts "left" her job at SI, and started her own website. Since the release of the website I do not think she has had a HUGE story. If this turns out to be any truth at all (which I doubt) her website would be booming. Who would benefit from this? Selena Roberts. Let's be honest with all the reports of "Auburn Paying players" this would be an article that is half believable by the media. She has a shady past, and no better than a bama blogger at this point shooting for the moon, and hoping to hit it big.

FIFY

My guess is that this is her method of getting a job interview. Look how publications are hiring up idiots like Thayer Evans and Pete Thamel. She's showing them that she can pull in big numbers with semi-truths and get her name mentioned all over the sports media world.

Must be nice to be a UGA fan, a FLA fan, or a Oklahoma fan. Must be nice to get excited about football, without having to look over your shoulder, wondering when the next embarrassing attack will come. Because you know another is coming every few months.

Must be nice to be an alum/ fan of a program that when it's name is mentioned around the country, the first thoughts that come to mind aren't cheating, scandal, and fraud.

This is getting tiresome.

Tiresome indeed!

The hits just won't stop coming. And to think that an Auburn alum and gullible former AU players started this latest crap. It's a sad, sad day when one of our own chooses to harm our beloved university. Maybe there is some truth to the saying, "Auburn is it's own worst enemy"................

Archived