Allegations against Auburn

WarDamnEagle#1

Give it a listen if you haven't already.

http://www.790thezon...s.aspx?PID=2610

After listening to this and the simple straight forward questions asked to Roberts and her baffoonery in answering, I think we can all officially answer a resounding Yes to the question: Does espn have an anti auburn agenda?

If this interview were shown on espn the story would have been over and forgotten by lunch.

Did I understand her correctly that she wanted Auburn to give up the transcripts of the 9 players she accused of having grades changed and that there unwillingness to do this constituted proof that there was a coverup.

The University, any University can't just give out transcripts. That is big time trouble.

By that standard I could accuse the entire SEC of changing every grade of every player in every sport for the last decade and no one could prove me wrong.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I find funny is the ESPN reaction.

ESPN: "Next we will have an expert on Auburn .... Paul Finebaum."

That is like saying, "Next we will have an expert on human rights .... Adolf Hitler."

You are so right Scottie!

Post of the day.

I guess she can listen to her tapes with Scott Moore and Danny Sheridan.

Maybe she and Sheridan have the same brand of magic tape recorder?

ESPN push notification just reported Dre Kirkpatrick denies any money was spent on him (per Joe Schad).

I would expect as much from Dre. Wouldn't it be a violation if he said he recieved money?

Are you serious? What could the NCAA do to Kirkpatrick? Why would he defend Auburn?

ESPN push notification just reported Dre Kirkpatrick denies any money was spent on him (per Joe Schad).

I would expect as much from Dre. Wouldn't it be a violation if he said he recieved money?

Are you serious? What could the NCAA do to Kirkpatrick? Why would he defend Auburn?

It would be a violation if he recieved $500 from Auburn players during his recruitment. Wouldn't that make him ineligable? He has not been out of school for 5 years. He's not defending Auburn but covering his booty. That being said I do believe nothing happened I just wouldn't expect him to come out and say I got a hand full of hundreds at Auburn.

Exactly, if Kirkpatrick were to have taken money on a visit prior to him making his college decision he would be ineligible from that point forward. Meaning every game he participated in at Bama would be vacated.

Some timeline stuff to consider:

Oct 5, 2010: The NCAA notifies Auburn that it is opening a probe into pay-for-play allegations regarding the recruitment of Cam Newton.

Nov 30, 2010: The NCAA declares Cam Newton ineligible for violating amateurism rules.

Dec 1, 2010: NCAA reinstates Newton.

Dec 10, 2010: Last day of final exams for Fall Semester.

Jan 10, 2011: First day of Spring Semester.

Jan 17 2011: Darvin Adams declares for draft

Mar 10 2011: Trailer Park Robbery

Apr 14, 2011: The NCAA is still investigating Tiger Prowl

Jul 14 2011: Chizik questions NCAA enforcement director Julie Roe Lach. Lach responds: "You'll know when we're finished. And we're not finished."

Oct 12 2011: NCAA clears Auburn

Exactly, if Kirkpatrick were to have taken money on a visit prior to him making his college decision he would be ineligible from that point forward. Meaning every game he participated in at Bama would be vacated.

I don't know. That doesn't sound exactly right. I've never heard of a school getting punished for violations committed by another school with a recruit who wasn't signed anywhere yet.

Besides if Dre wanted to make it sound bad for AU he could have said that he was offered money by AU that he didn't accept, but he didn't

Lets look at it this way. Even Alabama players are saying this story is full of it.

so much is being made out of nothing. This girls flash in the pan has just about played out in less than 24 hours. Soon she will once again disappear into total obscurity and Auburn will be back to playing football.

It would be a violation if he recieved $500 from Auburn players during his recruitment. Wouldn't that make him ineligable? He has not been out of school for 5 years. He's not defending Auburn but covering his booty. That being said I do believe nothing happened I just wouldn't expect him to come out and say I got a hand full of hundreds at Auburn.

That is not what was alleged. Whatwas alleged was that Auburn players were given $500 to take Dre out and show him a good time, not give him money. Dre said very little was spent on him. What they actually did was go to a house party that had no cover charge, per Dre.

This is HBO, deer antler spray, bagman, free suits, going to release the Cam tapes, and Dodge Chargers all over again. A week of bad press then this all goes away. Will be forgotten by A-Day.

so much is being made out of nothing. This girls flash in the pan has just about played out in less than 24 hours. Soon she will once again disappear into total obscurity and Auburn will be back to playing football.

I hope so. I read something last night claiming Salena might be working on another AU story involving boosters, but in the interview in ATL she just said she was working on another football related story. Hopefully we've heard the last of her...I doubt it though.

I don't know. That doesn't sound exactly right. I've never heard of a school getting punished for violations committed by another school with a recruit who wasn't signed anywhere yet.

Besides if Dre wanted to make it sound bad for AU he could have said that he was offered money by AU that he didn't accept, but he didn't

Lets look at it this way. Even Alabama players are saying this story is full of it.

If Cam's dad had taken money from Moo State he wouldn't have been eligable at Auburn.

That is not what was alleged. Whatwas alleged was that Auburn players were given $500 to take Dre out and show him a good time, not give him money. Dre said very little was spent on him. What they actually did was go to a house party that had no cover charge, per Dre.

Again, Dre wouldn't admit to a violation on his own. Again, I do not believe there was any wrong doing.

This is HBO, deer antler spray, bagman, free suits, going to release the Cam tapes, and Dodge Chargers all over again. A week of bad press then this all goes away. Will be forgotten by A-Day.

Sadly, you are wrong. We still have stuff thrown in our face that happened two decades ago. In the court of public perception, we are as corrupt as they come.....and that's just the truth.

It would be the fact that they were playing an ineligible player, which in this case Dre would be forfeiting his amateur status -- IF HE took the money. Which isn't even the accusation in the first place actually haha

But who needs $500 in cash and or gifts when UAT is giving out pimp suits and Chargers.

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokansonnow

One line from Chizik's statement: "Unfortunately, Ms. Roberts’ story is long on accusation and inference, but short on facts and logic."

RT @schadjoe: Chizik: " I am comforted knowing that the truth always prevails."

RT @schadjoe: Chizik: "I'm not aware of any alleged grade change or illegal payment by any member of my coaching staff, support staff..."

RT @schadjoe: Chizik: "During my time as Auburn’s HC, I never authorized, instructed or directed anyone to change any player’s grade..."

RT @schadjoe: "...or provide any type of illegal payment to any student-athlete."

I'm the most confused by Dyer needing grades changed in his first college semester. Really? Does anyone remember the types of classes offered in the first semester?

I'm the most confused by Dyer needing grades changed in his first college semester. Really? Does anyone remember the types of classes offered in the first semester?

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe40m

In the fall of 2010, Michael Dyer passed 15 hours of coursework according to a source. Six hours are required.

AUBURN, Alabama -- Former Auburn head coach Gene Chizik issued a lengthy statement denying his involvement and any knowledge of the violations alleged by former safety Mike McNeil in a report posted by Roopstigo.com Wednesday.

GENE CHIZIK'S FULL STATEMENT

"During my tenure at Auburn, the NCAA conducted a multi-year investigation into the Auburn football program that they called “fair and thorough.” The NCAA focused intently on widespread accusations about Auburn players being paid and other alleged recruiting violations. The NCAA conducted 80 interviews. In October 2011, the NCAA rejected “rampant public speculation online and in the media.” Unfortunately, the recent story published by Selena Roberts is more of the same. It once again portrays Auburn University, current and former coaches, professors, fans, supporters and community officials in a false light.

Unfortunately, Ms. Roberts’ story is long on accusation and inference, but short on facts and logic. It is noteworthy that the story comes just days before a player mentioned most prominently in the article is set to go to trial for felony armed robbery. The statements are very generalized accusations devoid of substance. During my time as Auburn’s head coach, I never authorized, instructed or directed anyone to change any player’s grade or provide any type of illegal payment to any student-athlete. Likewise, I am not aware of any alleged grade change or illegal payment by any member of my coaching staff, support staff or anyone else.

As for logic, the notion that the conduct inferred by Ms. Roberts was occurring under the NCAA’s nose, at the very same time the NCAA is conducting its thorough investigation, lacks merit. Further, the notion that there was ever an attempt to sabotage any Auburn student-athlete’s attempt to play professional football is outrageous. Auburn’s success in transitioning student-athletes to the NFL benefits both the student-athlete and the Auburn program.

I remain part of the Auburn family and take these attacks on myself, the University and community seriously. During my time at Auburn, the administrators, professors and academic staff were of the highest integrity. Additionally, the inference that there was academic support staff that worked together with professors to change grades is absurd. As an Auburn resident, I take great pride in the quality and integrity of our police department. Theyenforce the law equally and fairly and my dealings with police Chief Tommy Dawson and his staff have been nothing short of excellent. He has handled many high profile cases with the upmost integrity and professionalism. To imply anything otherwise is simply wrong.

If there is a sad truth here, it is that there are no repercussions for bloggers who blast out widespread, venomous allegations and inferences in such an irresponsible manner. To make bold and outrageous conclusions on such thin support is a travesty.

During my tenure as Auburn’s head coach, we kept the well-being of our student- athletes at the forefront of every decision. We ran our program with the highest level of integrity and accountability. Period. I make absolutely no apologies for that. I stand firm in my statements, my support of Auburn University, its student- athletes (present and former), faculty, staff and community officials. As I stated during the NCAA investigation, I am comforted knowing that the truth always prevails."

Joel A. Erickson

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe40m

In the fall of 2010, Michael Dyer passed 15 hours of coursework according to a source. Six hours are required.

I know. We don't have a dedicated sarcasim font on this forum. I slept through every class my first semester and had a 3.8.

AUBURN, Alabama -- Former Auburn head coach Gene Chizik issued a lengthy statement denying his involvement and any knowledge of the violations alleged by former safety Mike McNeil in a report posted by Roopstigo.com Wednesday.

GENE CHIZIK'S FULL STATEMENT

"During my tenure at Auburn, the NCAA conducted a multi-year investigation into the Auburn football program that they called “fair and thorough.” The NCAA focused intently on widespread accusations about Auburn players being paid and other alleged recruiting violations. The NCAA conducted 80 interviews. In October 2011, the NCAA rejected “rampant public speculation online and in the media.” Unfortunately, the recent story published by Selena Roberts is more of the same. It once again portrays Auburn University, current and former coaches, professors, fans, supporters and community officials in a false light.

Unfortunately, Ms. Roberts’ story is long on accusation and inference, but short on facts and logic. It is noteworthy that the story comes just days before a player mentioned most prominently in the article is set to go to trial for felony armed robbery. The statements are very generalized accusations devoid of substance. During my time as Auburn’s head coach, I never authorized, instructed or directed anyone to change any player’s grade or provide any type of illegal payment to any student-athlete. Likewise, I am not aware of any alleged grade change or illegal payment by any member of my coaching staff, support staff or anyone else.

As for logic, the notion that the conduct inferred by Ms. Roberts was occurring under the NCAA’s nose, at the very same time the NCAA is conducting its thorough investigation, lacks merit. Further, the notion that there was ever an attempt to sabotage any Auburn student-athlete’s attempt to play professional football is outrageous. Auburn’s success in transitioning student-athletes to the NFL benefits both the student-athlete and the Auburn program.

I remain part of the Auburn family and take these attacks on myself, the University and community seriously. During my time at Auburn, the administrators, professors and academic staff were of the highest integrity. Additionally, the inference that there was academic support staff that worked together with professors to change grades is absurd. As an Auburn resident, I take great pride in the quality and integrity of our police department. Theyenforce the law equally and fairly and my dealings with police Chief Tommy Dawson and his staff have been nothing short of excellent. He has handled many high profile cases with the upmost integrity and professionalism. To imply anything otherwise is simply wrong.

If there is a sad truth here, it is that there are no repercussions for bloggers who blast out widespread, venomous allegations and inferences in such an irresponsible manner. To make bold and outrageous conclusions on such thin support is a travesty.

During my tenure as Auburn’s head coach, we kept the well-being of our student- athletes at the forefront of every decision. We ran our program with the highest level of integrity and accountability. Period. I make absolutely no apologies for that. I stand firm in my statements, my support of Auburn University, its student- athletes (present and former), faculty, staff and community officials. As I stated during the NCAA investigation, I am comforted knowing that the truth always prevails."

Joel A. Erickson

Thanks for that!

Archived