2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

Well it's safe to say our offense is just going to be unstoppable. I mean with Roc, Peyton and Jovon I'll always feel like there is talent just sitting on the bench.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume we're done with RB now or can we take just one more...?

Not sure if this commitment changes things, but as of earlier this week we were still recruiting Swinney. We will give Kerryon Johnson a legit shot at RB, but there is a chance he gets moved to safety.

*All of the above begs correction and/or clarification from folks who know way more than I do.

It's public now. Boom.

uat, Kiffin, screwed the pooch when Jovon visited. Lane showed Jovon film of Reggie Bush and how Jovon could be the next Reggie Bush. Jovon has nothing in common at all with Reggie Bush. Lol. BTW that is how Lane is recruiting all of uat's RBs, including Roc.

:lmao:

Well...huge servings of crow all around.....never thought this would happen.....I'll have mine roasted with a bit of garlic butter please. :)

Charleston Tiger's Kenny Powers sig pretty much sums up how I'm feeling right about now. I've been high on Jovon since we had him and some 5* RB committed....always liked Jovon more. This guy is absolutely the real deal.

Welcome BACK to AU Jovon. This is where you were always meant to be brother. WDE!!!

Now dance banana....DANCE!!!

:bananadance:

(pretty excited about this pickup) :)

Stephen A. Smith thought he was talking about AU's 2013 team. But what he said really applied to the Auburn football program:

"Auburn is scary because they just keep comin'. It's like Rocky Balboa, you know what I am sayin'? I mean, of course, he could have messed with Apollo Creed, and Apollo Creed kept knocking him down and beatin' up his face and making him look ugly, but HE WOULDN'T STAY DOWN. And that's what I'm seeing from Auburn, THEY WON'T STAY DOWN."

The Bammers wanted desperately to believe 2010 was the aberration, and 2008. 2009, 2011, and 2012 were the norm. They wanted to believe Auburn coaching controversies were the norm. Their memories were wiped of AU's success in 2004 in large part because deep in their hearts Auburn didn't win six in a row, Mike Shula lost four in a row--and they had excuses for Franchione's loss in 2002 and Saban's loss in 2007 (Shula's fault). They had long forgotten the Dye years. Auburn football was Barfield, Bowden, and Lowder. They laughed when Chizik selected spread offense guru Malzahn: Another spread guy? How did that Tommy Franklin work out?

The reality is 2012 was the aberration. Chizik had his issues, but recruiting was not one of them. Auburn is a football power in the SEC, and is only going to get better. We are already building not only a player pipeline but a coaching pipeline.

I had the great pleasure of attending Auburn from fall 1984 through spring 1990, and watching three SEC championships in a row.

We are on the cusp of another golden era. The competition is tougher, but so are we.

Obviously there were no burnt bridges between auburn and Jovon . If there were any by chizik, gus seems to have worked past them.

Great news! Welcome back Jovon, very excited to have you in the Orange and Blue! WDE!!!

Fantastic news! The timimg was sooner than many thought. I could not be happier. IMO, Jovon is the best RB in college football right now!

Our backfield will be out of control next year!

With Robinson coming back on board, could this possibly mean Roc gets redshirted next year?

I think so, unless one of our three gets hurt.

With Robinson coming back on board, could this possibly mean Roc gets redshirted next year?

I think so, unless one of our three gets hurt.

My guess is that Roc will not get red-shirted.

It will be interesting having multiple 5 Star RB's on the team at the same time. I think Roc and Jovon may actually both play next year. Gus is not one to leave elite talent on the bench for long. I think we are lined up pretty well for 2016 Top 5 star RB's too. Because of this I think Roc and Jovon will both play.

Maybe not, some significant difference between Roc & Jovon include Jovon's ability to catch the ball like a wide receiver out of the backfield (a la Jonathan Ford).

Was Jovon a silent commit all along and none of us knew?

He was a silent and a couple of people here knew.

Nice for post #1000! Here's to many more!

:wareagle:

Archived