2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

Common sense say Jovon isn't coming back to Auburn. He's already stated he wants to play at bama and he drive a car with a bama paint scheme. We will get him if bama doesn't want him, as long as he doesn't play games with us. I put this kid on a high risk " Yeldon" alert.

While your opinion is appreciated, just like everyone else's, your facts are wrong. Jovon's car is painted Red and Black for GMC and I don't think I've ever read anything stating he wanted to go to UAT. It's only May, don't be such a downer! Jovon should not be on "high risk Yeldon alert".

Common sense say Jovon isn't coming back to Auburn. He's already stated he wants to play at bama and he drive a car with a bama paint scheme. We will get him if bama doesn't want him, as long as he doesn't play games with us. I put this kid on a high risk " Yeldon" alert.

While your opinion is appreciated, just like everyone else's, your facts are wrong. Jovon's car is painted Red and Black for GMC and I don't think I've ever read anything stating he wanted to go to UAT. It's only May, don't be such a downer! Jovon should not be on "high risk Yeldon alert".

In his defense I cannot give a link, so I supose you will have to take me on my word, I do remember reading an article (albeit several months ago) that said something to the effect that he really liked Bama and would like to play for them. Unless of course I dreamed it, but that would be a rather specific dream.

If that is true then I am wrong and I apologize for that, but regardless, I believe WDE when he says we are in good shape.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No worries. IDK if we in good shape or not, I just like to read about the new people commiting, I dont take recruiting seriously after the way some coaches and recruits act.

In his defense I cannot give a link, so I supose you will have to take me on my word, I do remember reading an article (albeit several months ago) that said something to the effect that he really liked Bama and would like to play for them. Unless of course I dreamed it, but that would be a rather specific dream.

If that is true then I am wrong and I apologize for that, but regardless, I believe WDE when he says we are in good shape.

I'll back you up here, Clayton. He did say he wanted to play for the turds. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/04/former_auburn_signee_jovon_rob.html

But I still think Jovon remembers why he chose AU first and does it again!

I'll back you up here, Clayton. He did say he wanted to play for the turds. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/04/former_auburn_signee_jovon_rob.html

But I still think Jovon remembers why he chose AU first and does it again!

Well I was wrong, I still completely agree with what you said, I think he chooses AU!

I would like to have Jovon at AU, but HIGHLY doubt it happens. The kid loved AU and wore a orange suit to signing day. Maybe he could rekindle that feeling about us? But we all know what happened his first go at Auburn. Too many variables playing against us. I won't get my hopes up on landing him... again.

If I remember correctly his statements were at a time when it was widely held that a return to Auburn was not even possible based on an agreement by Auburn with the NCAA. The new coaching staff asked for and was granted a waiver from the previous agreement and since started to recruit him again. Since starting recruiting him again most of what I see is a likely return to the great guys.

uncommon knowledge says he does

uncommon knowledge says he does

Sounds good. I'll go ahead and get my #5 AU Jersey out!

Guys, that link is over a year old! The story was written when we were forbidden to contact him and when the NCAA had made it clear that he could never be on football scholarship at Auburn so he had to consider other places. Talk about looking for something to whine about!

He's going to be an Auburn Tiger, so chill out unless you simply need more stress in your lives. If you need more stress, there are more valid concerns out there.

Guys, that link is over a year old! The story was written when we were forbidden to contact him and when the NCAA had made it clear that he could never be on football scholarship at Auburn so he had to consider other places. Talk about looking for something to whine about!

He's going to be an Auburn Tiger, so chill out unless you simply need more stress in your lives. If you need more stress, there are more valid concerns out there.

Like it, I wont argue.

given he has two recruitments, will he be the shoo-in for longest thread. He is already at 157 pages and counting

Given how it all went down...you cannot blame the kid for being hurt and angry...the last staff didn't handle the situation properly and thus when someone is angry that tend to lash out...thus those comments....I think he has matured and we have an excellent staff. So if/when he commits to AU Great...welcome him aboard otherwise...Like Mikey said just chill out unless you are here to stir up trouble and if that is the case don't let the door leave a mark.

Common sense failed you then. That Bama stuff was a year ago and are no longer how he feels or sees things. He has no grudge to AU. No matter what you believe Bama does want him and despite that indications are we lead.

I would like to have Jovon at AU, but HIGHLY doubt it happens. The kid loved AU and wore a orange suit to signing day. Maybe he could rekindle that feeling about us? But we all know what happened his first go at Auburn. Too many variables playing against us. I won't get my hopes up on landing him... again.

Marked for eating crow purposes in a month or so. He does love AU and that feeling has rekindled. There are no variables against us other than beating the recruiting machine that is Bama. One thing I don't think you realize is the coach he is tightest with and has the best relationship with from any school is Gus Malzahn

You know things look good when Mikey is positive on a recruit.

given he has two recruitments, will he be the shoo-in for longest thread. He is already at 157 pages and counting

Not even close. A deleted Seastrunk thread was like over 500 pages from old AE days.

Not even close. A deleted Seastrunk thread was like over 500 pages from old AE days.

And Reuben Foster still sitting pretty at 750+

Nicely put Mikey

Nicely put Mikey

It is going to be a great day when Jovon commits to AU again. I think Jovon is the best RB today in all of College Football. If you have not seen his film from his Freshman year, I suggest you see it. He is better than we even though he was when he was in HS.

Don't you love it when someone pops in with definitive statements like that. sevenlee; you are about 10 months behind brother. But hey, glad you popped in. We were able to witness some healing (i.e. Mikey and E agreeing with each other :poke:) and we even had a Bird sighting on the previous page! Overall, great last two pages guys!

Group hug! :grouphug:

Don't you love it when someone pops in with definitive statements like that. sevenlee; you are about 10 months behind brother. But hey, glad you popped in. We were able to witness some healing (i.e. Mikey and E agreeing with each other :poke:) and we even had a Bird sighting on the previous page! Overall, great last two pages guys!

Group hug! :grouphug:

Group hugs are fine, depending on what females are in the group, but where's the beer?

Seriously? You guys don't know that sevenlee is always a wet blanket?

He'll stop being one about the same time that water stops being wet and Mikey loses interest in linebackers.

Given how it all went down...you cannot blame the kid for being hurt and angry...the last staff didn't handle the situation properly and thus when someone is angry that tend to lash out...thus those comments....I think he has matured and we have an excellent staff. So if/when he commits to AU Great...welcome him aboard otherwise...Like Mikey said just chill out unless you are here to stir up trouble and if that is the case don't let the door leave a mark.

I'd simply add that the last staff & Jovon were lied to and faced cover ups (including forced retirements) by folks one should be able to trust at fairly high levels within the Memphis education system.

Archived