2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@AyeyoKEJO: Just talked to Cam Newton on the phone.....not gonna lie I said war eagle back����

I'm sure the updykes will try a turn this into some type of violation.

I believe as a student at AU, Cam can talk to anyone.

Does Johnson's school play good competition? I am not familiar with Madison Academy. I rewatched his film, he looks very good, but he also looks like he is one of the biggest players on the field and he is only 6'1" and 185 pds.

MA has the strongest 3A athletic program in the State by a long shot. They compete for titles in virtually every sport, boys and girls. As far as competiton goes, they play who's in their area/region and schedule quality non-region games, usually against larger schools. They can't help who they have to play. I will say Kerryon and Malik could play on any team in the state, both have all the tools.

@AyeyoKEJO: Just talked to Cam Newton on the phone.....not gonna lie I said war eagle back����

This is telling IMO.

Not really, I'm sure he'd say "Roll Turd" back to Trent Richardson in the same situation and he'd give the tomahawk chop back to Jameis, out of politeness if nothing else.

MA is a private school that recruits athletes and pays for tuition, books, fees, etc. They could add a couple of students and move up to a higher classification if they'd like, but they wouldn't be as competitive of course. Similar to St. Paul's in Mobile, they have a 4 and 5 star players playing against inferior teams so the stats are skewed but the talent is there.

I'm waiting to see if UGA tries to get in with KJ now that Pruitt is in Athens. Outside of that we are trending currently. 23 confirms the chatter from recruiting sites seems to be accurate. I trust what those guys tell me, but it is always nice to hear from 23/wdeWDE that the staff feels the same. I would say this sitch remains FLUID currently.

FSU is the leader for the fast rising Johnny Frazier out of North Carolina. He recently jumped 306 spots to #34 in the new 247 update. Hopefully he'll go ahead and commit to the Noles and help push Karryon our way.

FSU is the leader for the fast rising Johnny Frazier out of North Carolina. He recently jumped 306 spots to #34 in the new 247 update. Hopefully he'll go ahead and commit to the Noles and help push Karryon our way.

I don't think what some other player does has any effect on elite recruits. Guys like Johnson think they are going to start wherever they go no matter who else may be there.

I don't think what some other player does has any effect on elite recruits. Guys like Johnson think they are going to start wherever they go no matter who else may be there.

That's true, but hopefully FSU will make Frazier their priority which in turn may help us out. Just pure speculation at this point.

That's true, but hopefully FSU will make Frazier their priority which in turn may help us out. Just pure speculation at this point.

Frazier could take Johnson's spot at fsu.

There are at least 4 RBs ahead of KJ on FSU's board. They may take him as a DB though.

Are you saying they wouldn't take both? I find that hard to believe.

Probably not. FSU will take 2 but KJ would not be the other take as a RB right now for FSU. He's behind Jaques Patrick, The Scarlett kid who played with Sean White in HS and Jovon plus Frazier.

Probably not. FSU will take 2 but KJ would not be the other take as a RB right now for FSU. He's behind Jaques Patrick, The Scarlett kid who played with Sean White in HS and Jovon plus Frazier.

If he wants to go to FSU, they'll probably sign him as a RB and then when he arrives tell him his best chance to play is on defense. He's too good to flat-out turn down.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/03/5-star_rb_kerryon_johnson_to_v.html

This ^ says Johnson will announce before his senior year (which I took to mean late summer). Although now I'm hearing differently. Anyone else have an idea?

"@AndrewJBone: #Rivals100 RB Kerryon Johnson measured 6-0, 200-pounds today at the #RivalsCamp."

If the weight is correct he has put on 15 pounds if the right kind of weight and it has not slowed him down his stock is going to go up even more. we need this young man.

Archived