Questions & thoughts for new format

ellitor

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So you took away the down vote option already? Just trying to keep up.

Well, this is our collective community so if everyone wants them, I'm open to the idea ... just don't want it to turn into a headache for the Mods and Admins.  Thoughts?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/8/2016 at 9:52 AM, ellitor said:

@RunInRed in the old format I had it set up where threads from the Politically Speaking section did not show up on my new content page when it had new stuff posted. I guess I ignored that forum or something. Is there a way in the new format I can do something similar to keep Politically Speaking off my unread content page?

Not sure about the new content page (were you able to resolve through your preferences?) ... however, I did omit all forums except for AU sports from the "Recent Topics" feed on the board index page.

11 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Yes ... seems like a source of unnecessary drama.  If you don't like what some one post, you can reply and tell them why :)

On another note, can you test the search function you mentioned earlier now that the posts are all rebuilt?

Good call on the down vote thing.  We tried that once before and it was an absolute disaster.

3 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Not sure about the new content page (were you able to resolve through your preferences?) ... however, I did omit all forums except for AU sports from the "Recent Topics" feed on the board index page.

Preferences don't have an option to ignore threads like under the old format. It's not a real issue though RIR. It's like the difference from having a cherry on top of a great dessert  or not having it on top. Still a great dessert.

4 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Good call on the down vote thing.  We tried that once before and it was an absolute disaster.

Did not know this. My opinion is rescended.

Ok, so I am going to go like @ellitor and disable all email notifications and just have them on the board. There are a couple I can't set though. For "Someone comments on something I follow", I can only do email notification. If i try to turn off email motifications, and turn on notificaiton list, it says that the admin has disabled that option from being toggled. Is that expected behavior?

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Ok, so I am going to go like @ellitor and disable all email notifications and just have them on the board. There are a couple I can't set though. For "Someone comments on something I follow", I can only do email notification. If i try to turn off email motifications, and turn on notificaiton list, it says that the admin has disabled that option from being toggled. Is that expected behavior?

I covered that on page 1 or 2. The only solution I saw was to go to each new thread you post in, click following in the upper right side, the chose Do Not Send Me Notifications. I think it should be togglable from notification settings FWIW.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I covered that on page 1 or 2. The only solution I saw was to go to each new thread you post in, click following in the upper right side, the chose Do Not Send Me Notifications. I think it should be togglable from notification settings FWIW.

Yeah, I just wonder why we can't have it in our notification list instead of email. It's email or nothing. 

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Yeah, I just wonder why we can't have it in our notification list instead of email. It's email or nothing. 

Yup! Makes no sense to me.

I posted earlier that thread titles are reading from top to bottom instead of left to right on my phone. For example (2017 4* Juco WR Brandon Martin) looks like this on my phone.

J

u

c

o

W

R

B

r

a

n

d

o

M

a

r

t

n

On 7/9/2016 at 11:41 AM, Auctoritas said:

Excited to play around with the new site. Great job.

One question though - I had the old site set up with the old AE colors (blue background, orange font). Does that option still exist? Or is this a subtle way to say "its been long enough, assimilate already?"

Just got back from my wife family reunion in WV, wife is a Hatfield, is there any way to get my old AE color background???? The white background is too much on my old eyes. please let me have my blue background

On July 8, 2016 at 6:35 PM, WarTiger said:

I think its way premature to bombard RuninRed with requests here.  He just made the change, why not give it some time to get all the kinks ironed out before requesting a bunch of changes?   Those "changes" are likely to come in the form of tweaks to settings, etc that will take time to discover.  I am sure he's still working through some issues.

@RunInRed I was about to reply to this post to War Tiger couple days ago but stopped. The site saved all my work though( which is neat) as I had a couple sentences typed out. I just erased the couple sentences I typed earlier, however, I can't seem to trash the War Tiger quote... I've been having this problem a lot on the PS board.

I'm on mobile 

Not a question, but I am very happy that I can see, what I assume to be, my entire post history! I didn't realize I lurked on here for 2 years before posting anything.

Also 2004 threads were fun!

And thanks to those explaining the star/cirlce feature.

On 7/12/2016 at 7:44 PM, augolf1716 said:

Just got back from my wife family reunion in WV, wife is a Hatfield, is there any way to get my old AE color background???? The white background is too much on my old eyes. please let me have my blue background

I've gotten rather accustomed to the blue background as well. Hoping it makes a return. 

Otherwise, really liking the new update.

10 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

I've gotten rather accustomed to the blue background as well. Hoping it makes a return. 

Otherwise, really liking the new update.

Give us a little bit of time ...

On July 13, 2016 at 3:55 AM, aujeff11 said:

@RunInRed I was about to reply to this post to War Tiger couple days ago but stopped. The site saved all my work though( which is neat) as I had a couple sentences typed out. I just erased the couple sentences I typed earlier, however, I can't seem to trash the War Tiger quote... I've been having this problem a lot on the PS board.

I'm on mobile 

Ok. No feedback. Thanks. Can somebody else tell me if they're experiencing this problem also? If I don't finish a quote and choose to quote somebody else instead, I'd like to discard the original quote. Refreshing the page won't do the trick it seems. I cannot seem to backspace through it either. I'm on a mobile device.

24 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Ok. No feedback. Thanks. Can somebody else tell me if they're experiencing this problem also? If I don't finish a quote and choose to quote somebody, I'd like to discard the original quote. Refreshing the page won't do the trick it seems. I cannot seem to backspace through it either. I'm on a mobile device.

I have similar issues on my computer using chrome. Also I will occasionally go to a page & try to quote a post but it quotes a different post that I had quoted before & keeps doing that even when I hit refresh.

8 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

The "undo" button has been added to the editor toolbar next the preview icon on the far right ...

Untitled.png

Got it. Thanks.

1 hour ago, channonc said:

@RunInRed Is there a reason you can only "like" certain posts?  I don't see the option for all posts.

Admins and Mods can't be "rated" so, any posts by them can't receive "up votes"

I hadn't stopped to notice exactly who's posts this had been applying to.  This makes complete sense. Thanks!

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Admins and Mods can't be "rated" so, any posts by them can't receive "up votes"

Y'all should be. Since there is no down votes it would be nice to like on your stuff too.

Archived