Sean White Highlights

RunInRed

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressions: Lots of short and intermediate routes. Faster than he looks. Good accuracy but sometimes doesn't anticipate the throw. Long windup. You could tell that knee really kept him from throwing his weight into throws. Definitely the best mechanics of our qbs. And we need some receivers who can catch.

did they show all the int's in the endzone? thats what i remember the most. moving the ball easily inside the 20's, forced ints in the red zone

2:37

4:37

6:34

These are example of why I think Sean will be really good.  The first two show him extending plays while keeping his eyes down field and making the play The last, shows him wanting a particular receiver, checking down twice and making the right decision and a great throw.  

What really stood out is the drops. So many that would've been TDs or 1st downs to extend drives.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

These are example of why I think Sean will be really good.  The first two show him extending plays while keeping his eyes down field and making the play The last, shows him wanting a particular receiver, checking down twice and making the right decision and a great throw.  

What really stood out is the drops. So many that would've been TDs or 1st downs to extend drives.

Did any errant passes stand out or was it all on the receivers?

Well, the pass where Ricardo was blocking and the ball was thrown behind him wasn't on Sean. The ones that hit them in there hands weren't errant. I'd say they were pretty accurate, wouldn't you? Also, a QB has never had a 100% pass rate, so yes, there are going to be errant passes as well as drops and ints. That's why we play defense.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Well, the pass where Ricardo was blocking and the ball was thrown behind him wasn't on Sean. The ones that hit them in there hands weren't errant. I'd say they were pretty accurate, wouldn't you? Also, a QB has never had a 100% pass rate, so yes, there are going to be errant passes as well as drops and ints. That's why we play defense.

Right, WRs make mistakes and they cost SW about a dozen completions all year so they should continue to be pointed out. When SW made errant passes, everything is gucci, only one group is expected to be perfect.

What's your point? Are you saying balls that hit receiver in the hands shouldn't be caught? If Sean bounced the ball to them, I'd be blaming him. However, he didn't. On those drops, he did his job and put the ball on the money.  The receivers did not.  I don't understand why you're trying to argue this. When a safety drops an INT, we don't blame the DT. 

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What's your point? Are you saying balls that hit receiver in the hands shouldn't be caught? If Sean bounced the ball to them, I'd be blaming him. However, he didn't. On those drops, he did his job and put the ball on the money.  The receivers did not.  I don't understand why you're trying to argue this. When a safety drops an INT, we don't blame the DT. 

My point is you keep harping on the drops but you never utter a word about the bad passes. Yes, when the receivers drop the ball, the football is where it needs to be. But there were also times where the receiver was open and SW didn't put the football where it needed to be. Drops are just as much a part of football as errant passes are.

Yes, the receivers drop the football every now and then. I think it is pretty s***ty to add the drops into the highlights and put our receivers under a negative light if you ask me. Might as well include in the highlight reel, all the errant passes and make it more evenhanded. But I guess when the QB only throws one TD, you have to improvise in the video room

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Exactly. Still say we win 2 more games if you take away 1/2 of those

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Right, WRs make mistakes and they cost SW about a dozen completions all year so they should continue to be pointed out. When SW made errant passes, everything is gucci, only one group is expected to be perfect.

A dozen all year!? What game were you watching. At least a dozen in the Arky game alone. Everyone knows you don't like Gus and don't like White but come on man.

Just now, JMassie11 said:

A dozen all year!? What game were you watching. At least a dozen in the Arky game alone. Everyone knows you don't like Gus and don't like White but come on man.

Should you not be training to run a sub 5.0 forty or something? 

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

My point is you keep harping on the drops but you never utter a word about the bad passes. Yes, when the receivers drop the ball, the football is where it needs to be. But there were also times where the receiver was open and SW didn't put the football where it needed to be. Drops are just as much a part of football as errant passes are.

Yes, the receivers drop the football every now and then. think it is pretty s***ty to add the drops into the highlights if you ask me. Might as well include in the highlight reel, all the errant passes as well and make it more evenhanded. But I guess when you only throw one TD, you have to improvise in the video room

Jeffery, there was a highlight video posted. I commented on things I saw in the video. Why is that so upsetting to you?

The drops were included, because it was a Sean White highlight and they were very good passes.  I'm sorry if you don't think I have complained enough about errant passes. I tell you what, post a video of errant throws by Sean and I will be happy to comment on those too.

And there were many more than 12. Ricardo had at least 12 himself. He also made some catches that probably would have been considered errant throws.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Should you not be training to run a sub 5.0 forty or something? 

Most people do reduce themselves to taking personal jabs at people when they know they are wrong and have nothing else to say. Just sayin.

White looks fine on short passes, and he zips a couple of nice passes up the seam, but he's going to throw quite a few pick-sixes if he doesn't add some power to passes outside the hashes. A long windup and looping passes to the sideline will have decent CBs drooling. WDE

Interesting video and interesting also to take a quick peak at the down and distance on each pass and see how many are 2nd and very long or 3rd and 7 or 10 or 21yeard to when the D obviously knows what is coming....and how many times the WRs ran routes shorter than the necessary first down.   

Like most QBs he is better on first down but did not see too many of those...usually when he was passing, the previous plays had been losses or little gain.  

Hoping this year the rest of the offense is able to balance things out and not have as many 3rd and long passes.

As obtuse that you've been lately, I figured that you needed a reminder that the film you were viewing was SW's highlight film. If I showed you the highlights of the receiver running open and what not, surely you'd have a different perception of the QB? So maybe continuing to bash one position over a highlight reel that was purposely made to make the other position look better  is ignorant?

I just want to say to all the negative Nancys out there that was a redshirt  freshman with a crapperload of drops, I'm freaking pumped up...WDE?

I don't think I saw any drops from 80 or 8!!!!

6 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Most people do reduce themselves to taking personal jabs at people when they know they are wrong and have nothing else to say. Just sayin.

Show me the personal jab. You said you can still run sub 5.0. Get out there and do it.

Hey, Jeffery. Go look at the very first sentence of the first two paragraphs in my last post.  I'm pretty sure I am aware it was a highlight. That's probably why I said as much...on two separate occasions. And I'm being obtuse?

Also, I agreed that if there was a highlight of errant passes I would be talking about that and the QB. However, that's not what was posted so I'm not going to complain about hypotheticals. The facts is the video that was posted, which is a highlight, show many drops of perfect throws. Why is that conversation upsetting you?

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Show me the personal jab. You said you can still run sub 5.0. Get out there and do it.

I can.....didn't realize I need to prove that to someone sitting behind a keyboard. You know there is a thing called working out and taking care of yourself in life after college and HS. I ran a sub 5 40 and a 6 min mile. What is so hard to comprehend about that?

42 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

A dozen?  There were about 20 + drops just in that highlight video alone.  Lewis running the wrong pattern at least three times.

As it has been pointed out at least a couple hundred times last season and this entire off-season...He was a freshmen with zero playing experience at the SEC level.  He was thrown in mid-season after not practicing with the 1st team all fall and early season last year, he played hurt. Dropped passes, Juniors and Seniors not wanting to listen to a Freshmen. etc...etc...

He is our starter, he won the starting job, get over it, and get behind him!!

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hey, Jeffery. Go look at the very first sentence of my last post.  I'm pretty I am aware it was a highlight

And I acknowledged it.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The facts is the video that was posted, which is a highlight, show many drops of perfect throws. Why is that conversation upsetting you?

It was a highlight that doesn't provide enough conclusive evidence to claim anything like the "the receivers let down the QB" or "we would have won two more games without all the drops."  And I'm not talking about just you, even though you are usually the one trumping the SW horn, I'm also talking about others doing this. It appears you're the one getting upset over this conversation though. I will have highs and lows today, and this conversation will be neither of the two.  

Archived