Colin Kaepernick answers his critics

aujeff11

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Oh, they absolutely are self serving. Kaepernick is it the end of his NFL career, and he's struggling to  get attention. He may not make the 49ers roster. The dude simply can't play anymore.  I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to protest something, but he is at Kardashian level stupid and trying to equate / connect this "injustice" to our national anthem. 

He will make a roster off of talent alone, just not for the 49ers. He was a hot commodity when  when he took the 49ers to the super bowl. He had a lot of problems with Harbaugh though and has yet to gel at all so the writing on the wall is his time will end soon. Maybe if a more stable, higher profile athlete, let's say Lebron, did this stunt during the national amthem, it would be more received by the audience? If so, then I'm fine with that. Regardless, his message was fine. Carmelo Anthony has been outspoken about these issues but nobody ever bats an eye to what he has to say. Maybe he needs to take notes from Kaepernick and take his level of protest to another level.

I think many people are conflating two different issues:  whether they agree with his particular reasoning and whether they believe one should ever refuse to stand for the national anthem.  Because my personal view is that his particular reasoning is flawed and/or exaggerated.  I hear some arguments that are clearly coming from a place of thinking that it's simply disrespectful to soldiers and such to not stand - as if there's no place for such a protest or you're automatically spitting in the face of anyone whose fought for this country and that's BS.  But they cloak it in arguments about BLM and such.  

I think it's perfectly reasonable to protest like this and it is not disrespectful to veterans or any such thing like that.  That flag is not the sole property or symbol of the armed forces.  It can be a valid way to bring attention to the deeply held feeling that America is badly off course and is failing to live up to the lofty ideals described in our anthem, the pledge, and our Constitution.  

Disagree with the reasons he's stated all you want.  But don't turn the flag or any other symbol of this country into some sort of idol.

He does have a right to protest whatever he wants because he lives in a country where he has that freedom. The issue I raise is other than calling attention to himself what has he personally done to affect oppression upon minorities? He's wealthy, he's a public personality, he now has the stage. Hope he backs up his talk. It's not easy to take a stand but it's easier to take one verbally than it is to take action. Maybe he has, I really don't know. Just raising the point. People don't care what you know unless they know that you care. Has he shown them in any other way? 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:
I think many people are conflating two different issues:  whether they agree with his particular reasoning and whether they believe one should ever refuse to stand for the national anthem.  Because my personal view is that his particular reasoning is flawed and/or exaggerated.  I hear some arguments that are clearly coming from a place of thinking that it's simply disrespectful to soldiers and such to not stand - as if there's no place for such a protest or you're automatically spitting in the face of anyone whose fought for this country and that's BS.  But they cloak it in arguments about BLM and such.  

I think it's perfectly reasonable to protest like this and it is not disrespectful to veterans or any such thing like that.  That flag is not the sole property or symbol of the armed forces.  It can be a valid way to bring attention to the deeply held feeling that America is badly off course and is failing to live up to the lofty ideals described in our anthem, the pledge, and our Constitution.  

Disagree with the reasons he's stated all you want.  But don't turn the flag or any other symbol of this country into some sort of idol.

Don't disagree but this guy is making $11.8 million guaranteed for riding the pines in San Francisco. He's free to his opinion but he's super rich living a dream life and he's protesting black oppression? The whole thing just looks like a pathetic attempt to gain attention since he has essentially been benched. Nobody even noticed him not standing so he even went out of his way to go to the press to announce his protest. He's free to  protest and I'm equally free to think he's a moron and I do. Its not about idolizing anything, its about simple respect.

Just now, AURaptor said:

Dude! Where's my post ? 

The edit I can understand. But the censorship / deleting of an entire post? Which was 100% true & accurate? 

I removed the entire tangent of calling each other's posts idiotic.  It's just cluttering things up.

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

14117687_1764921153749235_24009383679980

I didn't agree with the way the media handled the Tebow situation either. 

Just thought I'd leave this here..protest black oppression off the field use racial slurs on the field. This is an attention seeking moron.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/colin-kaepernick-49ers-refs-racial-slur-bears-loss-fine-092114

The 49ers quarterback was responsible for four turnovers in the team's loss, but it was a curious flag that has also drawn attention.

After throwing an interception that set up a Bears touchdown, Kaepernick allegedly used a racial slur, according to the refs.

Kaepernick was fined more than $11k for the alleged slur, but denied saying anything.

He is free to do what he likes. That's the beauty of the freedom that the flag represents. I do wonder if he would be doing this were he still the starter for the 49'ers. Not saying this is the only reason he is doing it, just curious if his convictions would be as strong.

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I hate that there media win they try to ever buddy how to thank.

Jesus man.... could you rape coherence a little softer please.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I removed the entire tangent of calling each other's posts idiotic.  It's just cluttering things up.

But that particular post had no insults or attacks on anyone. It simply showed the two opposing views... 

2 hours ago, AURaptor said:

But that particular post had no insults or attacks on anyone. It simply showed the two opposing views... 

I deleted what I thought were all the "your posts are idiotic", "no YOURS are idiotic" stuff.  If you had a legitimate, substantive thing in there that I deleted by accident, my apologies.  Please repost.

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I deleted what I thought were all the "your posts are idiotic", "no YOURS are idiotic" stuff.  If you had a legitimate, substantive thing in there that I deleted by accident, my apologies.  Please repost.

He didn't.  You got the gist of the conversation. Doesn't bother me one bit some stuff was deleted. I did like my left foot, right foot comment though. 

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

55995026.jpg

This is such an overblown hunk of nothing to me.

This may be overblown and there may be more important stuff out there, that still doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about this.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:
20 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He didn't.  You got the gist of the conversation. Doesn't bother me one bit some stuff was deleted. I did like my left foot, right foot comment though. 

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

55995026.jpg

This is such an overblown hunk of nothing to me.

This may be overblown and there may be more important stuff out there, that still doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about this.

Yeah lets talk about what an ungrateful punk "Paperweight" is.Like so many of the SJWs who continuously decry the evils of America, this ungrateful punk should just leave. He never will because there's not another country on the planet where a dumbass like him could accrue a personal worth of $100 million dollars. 

10 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

Yeah lets talk about what an ungrateful punk "Paperweight" is.Like so many of the SJWs who continuously decry the evils of America, this ungrateful punk should just leave. He never will because there's not another country on the planet where a dumbass like him could accrue a personal worth of $100 million dollars. 

Why is his name "paperweight?" 

Why is this punk ungrateful exactly? Because he spoke out against violence? Do you think he should be more hated than the Epipen lady, too?

22 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

This notion that one can't live here while still critiquing areas where they feel the country is falling short or failing to live up to its ideals is where the real dumbassery is.  

26 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Why is his name "paperweight?" 

Why is this punk ungrateful exactly? Because he spoke out against violence? Do you think he should be more hated than the Epipen lady, too?

He spoke out with a lot of false talking points. I listened to his remarks and the guy is either grossly misguided or just an attention seeking dumbass Period.

16 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This notion that one can't live here while still critiquing areas where they feel the country is falling short or failing to live up to its ideals is where the real dumbassery is.  

Who said he couldn't show his ass? I didn't. It would've been nice if his complaints had at least a tangential connection to reality. They didn't but, hey, he can protest and say whatever he likes but so can I. Are you suggesting that I dont have the same rights as he does?

Archived