Stanton Truitt

WFE12

So glad to finally see him turn the corner. Thinking about the possibilities with him on sweeps and wheel routes gets me excited. It would be cool to line up in a 5-wide and have him play wr sometimes I think. But anyway we can get him the ball is great. What other ways do y'all think we can utilize him play-wise?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he has the same kind of skill set as Reggie Bush. Move him around, both receiver and RB, use him as the jet sweep option with KP/KJ going up the middle, throw him the ball (wherever he lines up), or whatever else. Need to use all of our playmakers however we can.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

So glad to finally see him turn the corner. 

He's a sophomore, and he was hurt for most of last year. The word "finally" doesn't seem super applicable here. 

We're dripping with talent at the skill positions. Wherever we move a guy, we're likely moving another very talented guy out of that spot to accommodate him. In other words, Truitt at RB means that Ks J, P and M are not at RB. Truitt at WR means that either Stevens, Slayton, one of the 3 Davises, NCM or Stove isn't at that particular WR spot. Put him at the jet sweep spot and you're losing Stove or Martin, and I might be forgetting somebody. But I think I've belabored the point enough. I'm not saying that Truitt shouldn't be moved around, just keep in mind that we might be in a position to let everybody specialize a little bit and get really, really sharp at what they do.  

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

That's odd then that he's listed as a sophomore on the roster on Auburn's website

I just looked it up, because I was doubting the listing as a junior on rivals' depth chart. You're right.

Still, he has been here for three years now. I know he's been hurt, but I think that might have been what WFE was getting at...the injuries have stalled us being able to see him utilized as anticipated.

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Still, he has been here for three years now. I know he's been hurt, but I think that might have been what WFE was getting at...the injuries have stalled us being able to see him utilized as anticipated.

Yeah exactly...

Just now, WFE12 said:

True..my thing is that I'm glad to see him on the field...seemed too long. I could've sworn he redshirted did he?

You (and @Rednilla) are correct. Unnecessary nitpick on my part. I'm also glad to see him contributing in a big way.

In assessing last season, people always ignore that he got hurt right as he was starting to find a role. Just one more personnel issue on top of dozens of them. 

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

True..my thing is that I'm glad to see him on the field...seemed too long. I could've sworn he redshirted did he?

He was injured in 2014 and only played two games. Auburn applied for medical redshirt

Well anyways...so many players with potential at skill positions is not a bad problem to have. We have no excuses with all this talent.

Playing the role that I envisioned for Roc . Looks to me like it turned out well for everyone. 

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Man... had no idea. Thanks.

Well, in that case, @WFE12 I apologize and am also happy he's finally turning the corner.

All good..no worries 

3 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

He definitely brings a different skill set to the RB position. His quicks are something else.

He really is amazing. Some of his cuts are incredible. 

I think it was the first touchdown when the linebacker was squared up almost waiting on him, he made him look silly. 

It's got to be hard for the secondary to have to tackle KP play after play, then change mindset of trying to put your hands on ST. 

1 minute ago, tigerfangs said:

I think it was the first touchdown when the linebacker was squared up almost waiting on him, he made him look silly. 

It's got to be hard for the secondary to have to tackle KP play after play, then change mindset of trying to put your hands on ST. 

Don't forget Kerryon. He runs hard, elusive and can deliver a blow to defenders.

Archived