Stanton Truitt

WFE12

33 minutes ago, WarEagleFromHoover said:

Agreed his cuts are killer 

Best cuts I have seen on a AU field since Nick Marshalls.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I love KJ and KP, ST has some of the quickest cuts I've ever seen. Pound em with KP and KJ, and then hand off to ST and he going to the house. Best 3 complementary RB's I've ever seen. All 3 have different skills and are exceptional at each one. Hard to defend.

59 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

While I love KJ and KP, ST has some of the quickest cuts I've ever seen. Pound em with KP and KJ, and then hand off to ST and he going to the house. Best 3 complementary RB's I've ever seen. All 3 have different skills and are exceptional at each one. Hard to defend.

Not to mention, Malik will be back, Kmart looks good, Stove could be giving us that outside attack we've been missing and who knows, we may even end up seeing jf3 back there some too. Deadly rushing attack with a passing game that looks like it could be just as potent. 

8 hours ago, Charhair said:

Not to mention, Malik will be back, Kmart looks good, Stove could be giving us that outside attack we've been missing and who knows, we may even end up seeing jf3 back there some too. Deadly rushing attack with a passing game that looks like it could be just as potent. 

And WRs who are willing and able to seal the edge. I know we always say "next year" but, I mean, seriously…are willing and able to seal the edge. I know we always say "next year" but, I mean, seriously…

12 hours ago, aufan57 said:

Don't forget Kerryon. He runs hard, elusive and can deliver a blow to defenders.

And he can catch, and he has vision...

KP's success in KJ's absence has led to some faulty conclusions among the fanbase. That's the kind of argument that's a lot more fun to have, though. 

10 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Like mid aughts USC added a poor man's Percy Harvin to the mix...

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And he can catch, and he has vision...

KP's success in KJ's absence has led to some faulty conclusions among the fanbase. That's the kind of argument that's a lot more fun to have, though. 

I agree. KP and KJ are like lightening and thunder, as over used as that is for RB tandems, this is possibly the most true it's been for us since Cadillac and Ronnie. 

KP can beat a defense into submission and that's when (IMO) KJ should come in. He hits the holes so hard and so fast that it sometimes looks like he's a more physical runner than Bubba (see the play of vs msu where he gets hurt. KJ is just smashing people). He's also got more "playmaking" ability when our line gets blown up. Opens up quick slip screens that can go for td's if a defense is getting blitz happy. I probably love me some KJ more than most but I've seen the "should we stick with truitt/KP since they've been so effective?" 

And it just makes me scratch my head. This is not like the QB position, when we get a talent like KJ healthy, it makes our team much better because he does things that our other RBs can't. 

War Damn Kam none the less. I was skeptical about our RB depth but that kid puts a smile on my face pretty much each time he runs it.

40 minutes ago, Charhair said:

I agree. KP and KJ are like lightening and thunder, as over used as that is for RB tandems, this is possibly the most true it's been for us since Cadillac and Ronnie. 

KP can beat a defense into submission and that's when (IMO) KJ should come in. He hits the holes so hard and so fast that it sometimes looks like he's a more physical runner than Bubba (see the play of vs msu where he gets hurt. KJ is just smashing people). He's also got more "playmaking" ability when our line gets blown up. Opens up quick slip screens that can go for td's if a defense is getting blitz happy. I probably love me some KJ more than most but I've seen the "should we stick with truitt/KP since they've been so effective?" 

And it just makes me scratch my head. This is not like the QB position, when we get a talent like KJ healthy, it makes our team much better because he does things that our other RBs can't. 

War Damn Kam none the less. I was skeptical about our RB depth but that kid puts a smile on my face pretty much each time he runs it.

Yeah. I've seen "We'll probably start KJ and we'll struggle because of it, and then we'll put KP in 2nd half and hopefully it will be enough to catch up and kick a field goal to win it at the end". Against Ole Miss. Who has a lower ranked rushing defense than... Arkansas. Yikes. 

It will be interesting to see how we balance it out, but we have 2 guys who can be effective with 15-25 carries a gameand that is so, sooo exciting. It will be fun to see how it's handled. I'm guessing we'll see Gus's first true time share at Auburn and all the yards for everybody. Add in Truitt... Man, it's fun to have hope.

Btw, somebody compared KJ to Kenny Irons the other day. I think it's exactly that violence you were mentioning that brought up that comparison. YES, PLEASE.

Pruitt is the one guy that we have playing RB right now that I move up to the edge of my seat every time he touches the ball. Not to diminish any of the other guys, but he is the one that one false step by a defender, and it's bye bye.

11 hours ago, Charhair said:

Man! Stove is the best looking athlete we have ever had running that speed sweep. Not only a burner, but can put his foot in the ground, and make that quick turn upfield. 

Truitt and KJ both have excellent hands...really provides some versatility to the offense. Maybe the best two pass catching RBs I can recall on the same team.  The wheel route can be a killer.

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Truitt and KJ both have excellent hands...really provides some versatility to the offense. Maybe the best two pass catching RBs I can recall on the same team.  The wheel route can be a killer.

I love the wheel route to our RBs. Except when the refs review them to make sure we don't beat Clemson. 

Everytime I think about KJ running a wheel route that pops into my head. Especially after seeing Mike Williams catch against Boston College that was less of a catch than Kerryon's wheel route and still was confirmed a catch. 

Interesting how things work out. If Barber doesn't turn pro, and Jovon doesn't get dismised, we may have all these guys pretty much still riding the pine.Some posters on here called me out on here when I said I didn't think we would miss Robinson as much as some believed. 

36 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Interesting how things work out. If Barber doesn't turn pro, and Jovon doesn't get dismised, we may have all these guys pretty much still riding the pine.Some posters on here called me out on here when I said I didn't think we would miss Robinson as much as some believed. 

If Robinson watched the game, it had to hurt... it was like watching his ticket to the NFL ride by in a blaze of glory. If he hadn't learned whatever lesson he needed to learn, Saturday should have done the trick.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

If Robinson watched the game, it had to hurt... it was like watching his ticket to the NFL ride by in a blaze of glory. If he hadn't learned whatever lesson he needed to learn, Saturday should have done the trick.

Man... I was going to say... I hope he still views himself as the victim. Otherwise he might kick himself hard enough to cause damage. He would be putting up some truly scary numbers right now. 

As quick and as well as he cuts, the thing I like about him is he is tough. He doesn't hesitate from contact. I agree KP and KJ are great runners but it is a good problem to have runners like Kmart and Truitt ready to come in and relieve them or cover when they get hurt. I promise the depth of RBs we have is going to hurt uat, just as the depth on the Dline will. WDE

My head is spinning in the best way possible at the idea of all the options we have that can bust a game wide open.

And we're going to have ALL of them for a few more years

Kam is an absolute beast and the thing is, KJ is a more complete back and now that our Oline has gelled KJ is gonna bust 200 on Ole miss if he gets 15 touches. Wait and see. KP will still get 100 also.

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

To bring it down a notch,. Truitt needs to work on his Dive into the endzone...  That one was a little medical redshirtish...

Wouldn't have been surprised if he got flagged. 

8 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

To bring it down a notch,. Truitt needs to work on his Dive into the endzone...  That one was a little medical redshirtish...

It reminded me of Kodi's in the NC game. Coach Kodi is teaching them everything!

9 hours ago, alexava said:

Wouldn't have been surprised if he got flagged. 

A player is allowed to dive if it is to avoid a defender...they simply outlawed the wide open diving.

Archived