Chip Lindsey new OC

RunInRed

I honestly wish I could say that I'm excited, but guess I'll just have to say Goodbye Gus instead.  I hate that we're likely looking at another year of mediocrity but maybe that's what it will take to clean house.  Jay Jacobs needs to be the first out of the door!

good hire imo...the hell with winning press conferences..just win the SEC conference.   Guess I will go look at some USM film and see what his offense looked without Gus and see how it looks this fall.

Edited by PoetTiger

2 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I honestly wish I could say that I'm excited, but guess I'll just have to say Goodbye Gus instead.  I hate that we're likely looking at another year of mediocrity but maybe that's what it will take to clean house.  Jay Jacobs needs to be the first out of the door!

There's that quitter attitude we all love. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Good, you should be. He was playing with his 4th string QB at ASU in OCTOBER. He was 4-0 until his starter got hurt. What he did at SoMiss is eye catching. He's not the yes man that posters here believe he is. Lindsey is getting the keys to a brand new sports car with the weapons we have on offense and Gus actually trusts him. Wake up people. 

Why was he working with 4th string? Where was his backup? Was he not ready? IF you allow that talk then Rhett should still be here as that was the only thing that caused him issues. 

4 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Can someone explain to me how working for one year as a QA makes someone part of the Malzahn coaching tree? Has more connections to Rush Propst than Malzahn

exactly....

• Like 1

Just now, AU-Allen said:

Why was he working with 4th string? Where was his backup? Was he not ready? IF you allow that talk then Rhett should still be here as that was the only thing that caused him issues. 

Because everyone got hurt. 

25 minutes ago, AU-Allen said:

Well, I guess my question was why all the wait? If that was one of the first names out of the box. Was Gus denied and then later told ok take him but you guys mess this up and your both out?

Fall-back plan.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I see Lindsey actually challenging him. A lot of whining and moaning in this thread. 

A lot of whining. Can't change it.  Get behind him. Glad to have him. Time to recruit . 

• Like 7

It's time for Gus to sink or swim and the HATERS to keep hating! WAR DAMN EAGLE, GUS! Some of us want you to succeed. You have the pieces, now put the puzzle together and make us proud! To hell with the naysayers!

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

good enough?! lol good enough? thats what we are shooting for these days?

You have lost it. Get real. 

• Like 2

What's with all the negativity?

Got a studly running game.  Now getting a studly passing game and a coach to attract QB's for development. I'm looking forward to seeing these two Offensive philosophies morphed together.  How can anyone be pessimistic until there are on field reasons to be? 

• Like 3

Not like we're hiring Loeffler and changing the whole scheme from scratch. QB is key not this guy. We were good when White was healthy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Good, you should be. He was playing with his 4th string QB at ASU in OCTOBER. He was 4-0 until his starter got hurt. What he did at SoMiss is eye catching. He's not the yes man that posters here believe he is. Lindsey is getting the keys to a brand new sports car with the weapons we have on offense and Gus actually trusts him. Wake up people. 

My thoughts for sure. Just hoping at game time CGM lets him call plays on his own tendencies like most head coaches.

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

Not surprised Gus would hire one of buddies from days gone by.

Just what we needed thank you for this gem of a post 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Not surprised Gus would hire one of buddies from days gone by.

Not surprised you would have a negative post.

I give an over under at 5 games next season before Gus is fired and I am probably a little high. And no Chip is not a good hire he is mediocre at best. Might have been a good choice for a QB coach, but the only reason he is the OC is he agreed to let Gus call the plays, something Rhett refused to do any longer and not to fire Gus's other yes men Kodi and Herb. Next year we will see if we can go hire a real coach.

53 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

What's his bench is all I want to know.

A case of bud.