Chip Lindsey new OC

RunInRed

30 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

He was an ANALYST. ONE year. You guys are reaching so hard. 

Not reaching. Gus hired the man before, thus he's familiar with him.

Gus surrounds himself with familiarity again.

Shocker.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Get your ass back to the south chip and close out on our recruits. I hope he has Gatewood # on speed dial 

2 hours ago, metafour said:

And that makes him a "Yes man"? OK, bud.

I don't think that Lindsey leaves Arizona State so that he can fetch Malzahn's coffee here, if that is what you are implying.  As someone who himself rose through the levels, Lindsey has pride just like Malzahn does.

Never said coffee-fetcher or doesn't have pride.

Stop fabricating lies.

Gus surrounded himself with another familiar hire AGAIN, bud.

1 minute ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Not reaching. Gus hired the man before, thus he's familiar with him.

Gus surrounds himself with familiarity again.

Shocker.

So what? Familiarity doesn't necessarily lead to "yes man." THAT'S the reach.

I would submit that familiarity with the system (particularly in a year we played for a national championship) is a plus, not a minus. That means he's had experience AND several years out from under Gus to think about it and the players don't have to start from scratch with a new OC - because, you know, that would probably mean a down year.

Which is what you people want anyway. I have never seen a fan base pull so hard for someone to fail. It's pretty disgusting.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, metafour said:

I think that Lindsey will be a very strong recruiter.  He's a Rush Propst product, just like Jeremy Pruitt.  Trust me, Propst knows a thing or two about salesmanship.  Lindsay has experience and success in the HS networks of both Alabama and Georgia; why wouldn't he be a good recruiter? 

This has been my exact thought

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

And there's absolutely no evidence that says he will be..

Which is fair enough, but why would you default to "not a strong recruiter" when there is zero evidence either way? It would seem the prudent course would be to withhold judgement, not make assertions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Auctoritas said:

I have never seen a fan base pull so hard for someone to fail. It's pretty disgusting.

Please never criticize another fan for "reaching."

Just now, Auctoritas said:

So what? Familiarity doesn't necessarily lead to "yes man." THAT'S the reach.

I would submit that familiarity with the system (particularly in a year we played for a national championship) is a plus, not a minus. That means he's had experience AND several years out from under Gus to think about it and the players don't have to start from scratch with a new OC - because, you know, that would probably mean a down year.

Which is what you people want anyway. I have never seen a fan base pull so hard for someone to fail. It's pretty disgusting.

When have I said this was a minus or a negative hire? I haven't. Stop insinuating otherwise.

It's another familiar "yes" man hire because Gus couldn't hire who he really wanted, thus the wait.

Lindsey was a fall-back plan.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Please never criticize another fan for "reaching."

Why? you seem to have no problems making assertions about things. Jump in a lake.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Guess Kelly has a certain ring to it. But, other that, the typo means zilch and you know it.

Even that bush league tactic is beneath you...

Dude you use the same "bush league" tactics countless times ????.....just can't handle when you get called out on it

• Like 2

Just now, VipersStrike1 said:

When have I said this was a minus or a negative hire? I haven't. Stop insinuating otherwise.

It's another familiar "yes" man hire because Gus couldn't hire who he really wanted, thus the wait.

Lindsey was a fall-back plan.

...wat? You're openly criticizing the hire by insinuating that familiarity is a bad thing. Or, have we switch around definitions, and now "yes man" is a good thing?

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

And there's absolutely no evidence that says he will be..

So we shouldn't make assumptions without evidentiary support. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.al.com/articles/20012511/chip_lindsey_recruiting_backgr.amp?client=ms-android-att-us

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ncaaf/asu/2016/08/10/how-asus-chip-lindsey-snagged-his-top-recruiting-target/88545584/

Oh wait, what's this? Evidentiary support that shows he can recruit. Wow...whoudathunkit

• Like 6

3 hours ago, AU-Allen said:

Really? I don't see that. I seen lackadaisical short routes ran by guys with no real motivation. Yes a there was a couple of flares but that may not be on them. Our QB's were struggling all year. But I am not going to complain long term just a short protest . I am on board, he will need support of the fans to keep the kids motivated and the seats filled with excitement.  I guess its one of those support him until he is proven insufficient. With this hire it will be interesting to see what JJ does at the end of the season if they have only won 8 games. Will he have a job himself? If so will he fire Gus? 

DC really was able to get the best out of Duke Williams now, wasn't he?

I'm going to be honest, at first this hire did not impress me because he was not a "splash" hire. After doing some research on him myself, I feel a lot better than I did.  I personally don't really think that he is one of Gus's "yes guys". One year as an analyst under Gus does not give me that impression. In fact, he ran a much more equal run/pass offense than Rhett/Gus did. I also do not think that is going to be a problem. If anything, that will be the so long as Gus keeps his hands out of the offensive cookie jar. I'm actually really glad we got an experienced QB coach in Lindsey. I do agree with the lack of recruiting experience being a problem but so long as AU is winning, recruiting will take care of itself. I'm excited for next season. AU either shows off and returns to dominance or AU is treated to a whole new staff next year and we all get to fill up 100+ pages on multiple boards. 

WDE! 

• Like 1

Just now, Auctoritas said:

Which is fair enough, but why would you default to "not a strong recruiter" when there is zero evidence either way? It would seem the prudent course would be to withhold judgement, not make assertions.

Just because Bird says there is zero evidence that doesn't mean there is "zero evidence."

Like I said, I used to know of Lindsey decently well back when he was at Colbert Heights and had other stops at Deshler and Florence. And I talked to him a couple times as well. I feel if anything he was more of an average joe then. 

Please don't go full retard and say but he worked with Propst for a year like Metafour.

24 minutes ago, metafour said:

I think that Lindsey will be a very strong recruiter.  He's a Rush Propst product, just like Jeremy Pruitt.  Trust me, Propst knows a thing or two about salesmanship.  Lindsay has experience and success in the HS networks of both Alabama and Georgia; why wouldn't he be a good recruiter? 

Like.  As if things aren't learned along the way...for the Chicken Littles...

2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Dude you use the same "bush league" tactics countless times ????.....just can't handle when you get called out on it

When did I get called out on it? Using a typo is bush league?

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So we shouldn't make assumptions without evidentiary support. Don't you agree?

It's just exactly why I have some folks on "IGNORE."  Go, Bird!

:wareagle:

• Like 1

Just now, ToraGirl said:

Like.  As if things aren't learned along the way...for the Chicken Littles...

Please tell me how working with Propst will make Lindsey a good salesman. I'll be waiting.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Just because Bird says there is zero evidence that doesn't mean there is "zero evidence."

Like I said, I used to know of Lindsey decently well back when he was at Colbert Heights and had other stops at Deshler and Florence. And I talked to him a couple times as well. I feel if anything he was more of an average joe then. 

Please don't go full retard and say but he worked with Propst for a year like Metafour.

Well, right back at you. You haven't brought any evidence to your side either, and you certainly haven't brought any to show that bigbird is wrong. We are at zero evidence presented. If you want to make assertions, bring your evidence. You call people out all the time for that, you have to be held to the same standard.

edit: and I can't seem to recognize 'full retard' as well as you. Perhaps you have more personal experience with it.

Edited by Auctoritas

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So we shouldn't make assumptions without evidentiary support. Don't you agree?

My knowledge of Lindsey trumps yours by a mile. Take a hike.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

My knowledge of Lindsey trumps yours by a mile. Take a hike.

Because you said so. Which is apparently all the evidence we're gonna get from you.

Shocker.

Cram it with walnuts, ugly.

1 minute ago, Auctoritas said:

Well, right back at you. You haven't brought any evidence to your side either, and you certainly haven't brought any to show that bigbird is wrong. We are at zero evidence presented. If you want to make assertions, bring your evidence. You call people out all the time for that, you have to be held to the same standard.

I just told you that I knew the guy for a while. What other evidence can I possibly present other than his current recruiting portfolio. Quit being ridiculous. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I just told you that I knew the guy for a while. What other evidence can I possibly present other than his current recruiting portfolio. Quit being ridiculous. 

Well, the current recruiting portfolio would be actual evidence, so that'd be a great start. I'm just sure we will all be waiting for your input on it with bated breath.

Until then, you're just making assertions without anything to back it up other than "oh, I knew him several years ago." Unless that several years ago was while he was recruiting your kid or selling you a used car, that doesn't mean jack to anyone here.

You want to assert, back it up. You ask that of everyone here, we're asking the same of you.