Larry Porter New Offensive Assistant

ClaytonAU

Awesome, good moves lately. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Awesome, good moves lately. 

yeah...interesting that a coach who will get fired after this year is able to bring in such good assistants, gets Stidham signed up....and also lands a pretty good recruiting class. 

Do you think people on this board a missing something?   :dunno:

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

yeah...interesting that a coach who will get fired after this year is able to bring in such good assistants, gets Stidham signed up....and also lands a pretty good recruiting class. 

Playing off of what WDE stated in a different thread, I believe if the o-line is good this year, AUburn will be okay. Solid talent everywhere and fresh ideas from new coaches has me looking forward to the season for the first time in a few years. 

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nope...he's still a losing season away from the unemployment line.

I think it all depends on the extra coach on how this all shake's out. Porter will likely coach RB. It's all gonna rest on the extra coach IMO. Gus wants a coach to be ST only. So he can focus solely on making out ST great. I like that idea.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

New article says Porter is taking Tight Ends and H-backs. Horton is staying at running backs and adding special teams. Porter is recruiting coordinator.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021117aaa.html

Great another HS coach!

I told y'all not to worry with Gus and making hires he's been great if not elite in getting coaches to come.  Granted we do pay assistants as good or better then anyone in the country.

Good to see Porter will coach TE/HB and Horton continue at RB.  I have a suggestion for Gus tho how about Gus pulls an Urban Myer and he coaches special teams if he's giving up the clip board.  Gives him an opportunity to "scheme" some and bet we would be more dynamic in special teams.  

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I have a suggestion for Gus tho how about Gus pulls an Urban Myer and he coaches special teams if he's giving up the clip board.  Gives him an opportunity to "scheme" some and bet we would be more dynamic in special teams.  

Not sure I like the idea of 3 QB's on Special Teams... :-\

Although he might have been guided towards making moves, I really like the ones Gus has made this off season. He has made some great hires on O and allowed KS to get his guy in Brown. Teaching and recruiting has been upgraded across the board.  As of now, it looks like Gus is starting to transition more to a HC role.  

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Although he might have been guided towards making moves, I really like the ones Gus has made this off season. He has made some great hires on O and allowed KS to get his guy in Brown. Teaching and recruiting has been upgraded across the board.  As of now, it looks like Gus is starting to transition more to a HC role.  

"As of now, it looks like Gus is starting to transition more to a HC role."

Man, I sure hope so...But I agree. Couldn't be happier with the way this off season has gone.

If coach Porter will coach Tight Ends and H-Backs, who's in charge of coaching Special Teams? Also, will Porter coach RB's or will Tim still coach RB's?

2 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Would like to see us get really involved in the recruitment of Zamir White. #1 back in the class (5*) from NC. Porter was his secondary recruiter. 

Yes, been wanting this guy for a while too.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

New article says Porter is taking Tight Ends and H-backs. Horton is staying at running backs and adding special teams. Porter is recruiting coordinator.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021117aaa.html

18 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If coach Porter will coach Tight Ends and H-Backs, who's in charge of coaching Special Teams? Also, will Porter coach RB's or will Tim still coach RB's?

Here's your answer auburn4ever

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

I told y'all not to worry with Gus and making hires he's been great if not elite in getting coaches to come.  Granted we do pay assistants as good or better then anyone in the country.

Good to see Porter will coach TE/HB and Horton continue at RB.  I have a suggestion for Gus tho how about Gus pulls an Urban Myer and he coaches special teams if he's giving up the clip board.  Gives him an opportunity to "scheme" some and bet we would be more dynamic in special teams.  

But can he develop a kicker?

Archived