A-Day post game thread (merged threads)

aubiefifty

19 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Not a WR , so you were still right; that's not the 1st time he has dropped a wheel route either.

Hastings dropped a wr screen

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the most encouraging signs to me was seeing WRs consistently catch passes on the run and without 2-3 defenders hanging on them.  I know it is just a scrimmage, but CCL impressed me today. He has already had a positive impact on all facets of our passing game and done so with only a few practices and with a new QB. 2017 is going to be an exciting season. 

Just a shout out to who impressed me. Receivers, NCM, slayton and macclain. Both Malik's looked good.Tolbert seemed a hair behind Malik Miller, not much but seemed a bit slower. Paul James looked just like he did last year, now stay healthy. Daniel Thomas and I forgot the white guy on defense who brought the wood today. DBs looked good but JS was putting those throws on the money. A lot to look forward to this year but I'll stay cautiously optimistic.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

IMO, We are I trouble if any of our starting safeties go down

Well good lord almighty we all know that by now.........................what do you want me to do about it...................

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Well good lord almighty we all know that by now.........................what do you want me to do about it...................

Take that bag of money to Angleton, TX

Just now, augolf1716 said:

In code please

54616b65207468617420626167206f66206d6f6e657920746f20416e676c65746f6e2c205458

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Just don't get naked.  Bird had everyone picture that already. 

14 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Just don't get naked.  Bird had everyone picture that already. 

It was Just a suggestion.  You didn't have to...sounds more like a want to. 

:poke:

Have not seen any discussion about Willis....QB....I thought the guy looked terrific....could have run circles around the defense if they had not quick-whistled him.

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Have not seen any discussion about Willis....QB....I thought the guy looked terrific....could have run circles around the defense if they had not quick-whistled him.

The defense that left him unaccounted for because they knew he wasn't allowed to run it?   Not that he isn't capable, but he had running lanes for a very obvious reason.  .

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Typically, a defense wouldn't run man coverage much when facing a QB like MW and if they do, they would put a spy on them.  Against a D that has game planned for him, I don't think he would be that open.

That said, he made good decisions of when to tuck and run and when to stay in the pocket. That is very promising

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Typically, a defense wouldn't run man coverage much when facing a QB like MW and if they do, they would put a spy on them.  Against a D that has game planned for him, I don't think he would be that open.

That said, he made good decisions of when to tuck and run and when to stay in the pocket. That is very promising

Agree but not fair that the D could set up a defense that did not take that possibility into account..took one of his weapons away.....JMO

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree but not fair that the D could set up a defense that did not take that possibility into account..took one of his weapons away.....JMO

I agree to a point.  Most of the year I suspect we will be playing a lot of some form of Man. So, IMO, we should practice it more than trying to emulate a real game.

It would've been fun to see though

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I agree to a point.  Most of the year I suspect we will be playing a lot of some form of Man. So, IMO, we should practice it more than trying to emulate a real game.

It would've been fun to see though

If anyone tries to run a man defense against us, we just counter with the whirlybird. That's why Gus didn't show it today. Wants it to be a surprise when we spring it on them.  

Best chance for a replay not on the SEC network comes Wednesday at 7e/6c am  and 2/1 pm on the U. There are a few showings on SEC and all others are on the U in the middle of the night. ESPN 1 and 2 have zero spring games replays scheduled that I saw. 

My observations.  Stidham is the real deal.  Beautiful touch on the deep balls.  I think the QB battle is over.  He will be the starter and Sean will be the backup this year.  NCM is now showing up as the stud we thought he would be.  Willis is a great looking young talent and the QB of the future to compete with Gatewood.  Woody might as well change positions.  The starting OL stood up well against the 2nd team DL.  The 1st team DL against the 2nd OL was no contest.  We have the best kicker the country but we already knew that.  This team is solid on both sides of the ball and is going to be fun to watch with the CL offense. If we can avoid injuries they should be a contender.  

Definitely the best A-Day performance I have seen in a very long time. What I saw live today really excites me for the upcoming season. Stidham's throws were all on target, with the exception of two. Even made a dazzling throw from a full run that was on target.

Nate Craig Meyers stood out and showed out, Hastings looked good in the short game, and Kerryon looked really good on catches out of backfield. The starting Defense was stifling. When was Paul James NOT in the backfield?

Willis needs to get some experience under his belt, but make no mistake. Not only does he have talent, he has a QB's mind. I saw him check down on several occasions, making the right decisions to the third level receivers.

Archived