2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

3 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

I have to say the idea that the Clemson game significantly changed our chances with JF one way or another is odd IMO. Now if the O line (& O line coaching) are like that against every top tier team we play this season, I hear y'all. But if anything Stidham paid the price for Field's potential o-line to get experience against a caliber of defense Fields would face maybe 4 or 5 times in three years. Young O line blue chippers on the roster & high ceiling potential guys like Prince coached by a guy that's developed top O lines for decades? Why would JF not be saying "Jarrett needs to get a whole lot better or I can definitely beat out what I saw tonight...and if he DOES get a whole lot better, he's going NFL."   

How so? Its not. AU and CHIP were going to put on a offensive show the first couple of games for JF to see. All JF has seem was the opposite of what he has been told and recruited to play. This isn't hard. Two games is plenty for a kid who is going to be a early signee. He will move to to the other teams on the list. I'm no where near a x and o football guy. But I know recruiting. And IMO we lost our chance with JF after Saturday. Especially if AU told Fields they were holding the O back for Clemson, which wasn't the case. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

How so? Its not. AU and CHIP were going to put on a offensive show the first couple of games for JF to see. All JF has seem was the opposite of what he has been told and recruited to play. This isn't hard. Two games is plenty for a kid who is going to be a early signee. He will move to to the other teams on the list. I'm no where near a x and o football guy. But I know recruiting. And IMO we lost our chance with JF after Saturday. Especially if AU told Fields they were holding the O back for Clemson, which wasn't the case. 

I couldn't agree more.  As the saying goes.."1st impressions are lasting impressions".  The 1st impression JF has of our new offense if pathetic, so I would bet my house he will not end up at AU.  So far LSU has delivered as promised (albeit against lesser competition).  New OC and looking like they have changed their offensive schemes.  He probably ends up there.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:16 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I definitely think we have hurt our chances because he would be all AUburn if we had shown him some offense these first two games.  Our game plan going into Clemson was not to unleash the offense and we definitely did not tell that JF we would unleash offense at Clemson.  We planned to not turn the ball over and attempt to win the field position and TOP.  We planned to have Stidham play a game management type of game with a few deep shots.  The problem was that we never adjusted after realizing the plan was not going to work because we couldn't get first downs.  The funny thing in the whole equation is that JF would be absolutely deadly in Gus offense.  JF wants to see more passing efficiency and pass production though.  JF will be very very good in any offense though. I heard Spencer Tillman speaking the other day and he said AUburn will have something special and a special season if we can just get some sort of offense going.  A couple of people that know football former coaches and current think Auburn has the best defense in the country overall.  We have two weeks to get offense rolling and we usually do under a team coached by Gus by game 4.  Like I have been saying I believe we will be undefeated until Iron Bowl well not undefeated I meant from here on out.  We will go into Iron Bowl with 1 loss and it will be a top 5 matchup.  JF is not making a decision in the near future unless his plans change.  Georgia or FSU haven't been anywhere near impressive on offense either. We should have 2 very good weeks in a row on offense which will be a confidence booster.

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

I definitely think we have hurt our chances because he would be all AUburn if we had shown him some offense these first two games.  Our game plan going into Clemson was not to unleash the offense so we definitely did not to that.  We planned to not turn the ball over and attempt to win the field position and TOP.  We planned to have Stidham play a game management type of game with a few deep shots.  The problem was that we never adjusted after realizing the plan was not going to work because we couldn't get first downs.  The funny thing in the whole equation is that JF would be absolutely deadly in Gus offense.  JF wants to see more passing efficiency and pass production though.  JF will be very very good in any offense though. I heard Spencer Tillman speaking the other day and he said AUburn will have something special and a special season if we can just get some sort of offense going.  A couple of people that know football former coaches and current think Auburn has the best defense in the country overall.  We have two weeks to get offense rolling and we usually do under a team coached by Gus by game 4.  Like I have been saying I believe we will be undefeated until Iron Bowl well not undefeated I meant from here on out.  We will go into Iron Bowl with 1 loss and it will be a top 5 matchup.  JF is not making a decision in the near future unless his plans change.  Georgia or FSU haven't been anywhere near impressive on offense either. We should have 2 very good weeks in a row on offense which will be a confidence booster.

I think LSU is a much bigger player than people think now. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I think LSU is a much bigger player than people think now. 

JF and dad and family don't want him that far away from home.  LSU could end up with him if things keep going the way they are but one of the 3 is going to start pulling away.  LSU will be exposed this weekend not saying they lose the game but they beat a terrible BYU team and I don't even know who they played this last weekend when JF was there.  I don't see anyway JF ends up at LSU.  His dad is very smart and so is JF but kids get caught up in hype.  Orgeron is on a very short leash at LSU. LSU hasn't faced any defense this year BYU gave up 14 to Portland State and LSU scored what 27 in New Orleans at what was a home game. 

25 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Our game plan going into Clemson was not to unleash

Good. Grief.

#3 team in the country, chance to set yourself up for a big season, and you are telling me that Gus wanted to slow play Clemson? W to the OW.

3 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Good. Grief.

#3 team in the country, chance to set yourself up for a big season, and you are telling me that Gus wanted to slow play Clemson? W to the OW.

lol since our game plan was not to "unleash" I would say we did a pretty darn good job.  at some point i can see JF saying geez dad these are my choices. 

The very idea of going to Clemson with the idea of not unleashing the offense just defies logic. After telling Fields to watch the offense to see what it would be like?  You can't make this stuff up.

40 minutes ago, CR said:

The very idea of going to Clemson with the idea of not unleashing the offense just defies logic. After telling Fields to watch the offense to see what it would be like?  You can't make this stuff up.

You can't. It's incredible. 

36 minutes ago, metafour said:

giphy.gif

I am not saying we could have unleashed our offense. I am saying we knew we would have trouble with Clemson dline and we wanted to move ball manage clock and take a few shots downfield. I think we tool 8 shots downfield more than we planned. U don't take a new qb into an SEC type environment against defending champs and throw the ball all over the field. We knew we had defense to win, like I said a former coach of ours and current coach of another SEC team thinks we have best defense in league. We didn't want to beat ourselves with mistakes. Plan worked for a half. I say a half because we went to half only down by 1 and had ball inside their 10 twice. We made zero adjustments at half so we got beat that's plain and simple what happened.

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I am not saying we could have unleashed our offense. I am saying we knew we would have trouble with Clemson dline and we wanted to move ball manage clock and take a few shots downfield. I think we tool 8 shots downfield more than we planned. U don't take a new qb into an SEC type environment against defending champs and throw the ball all over the field. We knew we had defense to win, like I said a former coach of ours and current coach of another SEC team thinks we have best defense in league. We didn't want to beat ourselves with mistakes. Plan worked for a half. I say a half because we went to half only down by 1 and had ball inside their 10 twice. We made zero adjustments at half so we got beat that's plain and simple what happened.

You don't save play against talented teams. That conservative mindset is cancerous and needs to be ended. Playing ball control and hoping your defense will stop them will get you about 4 losses this year.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

You don't save play against talented teams. That conservative mindset is cancerous and needs to be ended. Playing ball control and hoping your defense will stop them will get you about 4 losses this year.

U took that wrong. I didn't say we saved anything. I said we had a game plan that we thought would win the game.  It would have if not for the shite show we saw calling plays. 

3 hours ago, CR said:

I believe every word of this.  Again, Gus out-thinks himself.  Pathetic!  I promise, not another of our offensive coaches would dare approve this plan.  Only Gus!

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

Well it sounds like our super smart game planning is gonna cost us a hoss of a QB. What a waste. 

More then likely but you never know.......miracles can happen

39 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

More then likely but you never know.......miracles can happen

Coach Malzahn, the Bagman is holding on line 2.

3 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

U took that wrong. I didn't say we saved anything. I said we had a game plan that we thought would win the game.  It would have if not for the shite show we saw calling plays. 

But do you not get how that strategy is safe playing? AU's DNA needs to be an attacking offense. We have the personnel to do that. That means it shouldn't matter if we scored in 10 seconds or 10 minutes. Leaning to the time of possession and defensive plays keep teams in the game. Against talented teams that will bite you in the butt.

Y'all can say what you want,. But you game plan to win a game,. Not a recruit.  If by chance they align,. Good deal,. But to say you are going all out just to get a recruit, but potentially lose a game is silliness.   

Now,. You can do that vs a Mercer etc... But not on the road vs that Clemson D.  

The notion that we should be conservative on offense because we have a good defense is so backwards and fundamentally illogical that I can't wrap my head around it.

Thing is, I totally believe what 23 is saying.

4 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Y'all can say what you want,. But you game plan to win a game,. Not a recruit.  If by chance they align,. Good deal,. But to say you are going all out just to get a recruit, but potentially lose a game is silliness.   

Now,. You can do that vs a Mercer etc... But not on the road vs that Clemson D.  

Gus can do neither very well so what does it even matter?

Archived