Post a picture

14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Holy crap, that's a cool shot. Could be a photo from a National Geographic magazine at my grandma's house in the 80s from a story about fighting brush/forest fires. Damn that is cool. And it looks like it could be anywhere from AZ to ND. 

Thanks man! We are at Sheldon NWR in northwestern Nevada. High desert. What a cool place!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Thanks man! We are at Sheldon NWR in northwestern Nevada. High desert. What a cool place!

Not gonna lie, bro. I've got some serious career envy. But you probably hear that a lot.

Stay safe and enjoy!

• Love 1

15 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Not gonna lie, bro. I've got some serious career envy. But you probably hear that a lot.

Stay safe and enjoy!

It’s times like these that reinforce certain things I believe. I really love my job.

Thanks again bro! Will do my damndest to keep everyone in one piece, medium rare.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It’s times like these that reinforce certain things I believe. I really love my job.

Thanks again bro! Will do my damndest to keep everyone in one piece, medium rare.

Take requests?

I'd prefer tartare.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

@Barnacle, I've been vicariously excited for your trip, and buddy these pics do. not. disappoint. AWESOME. Looks like just what the doctor ordered. Congrats! 

Agreed about Tedeschi Trucks, too. That band is just so damned tight. 

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

@Barnacle, I've been vicariously excited for your trip, and buddy these pics do. not. disappoint. AWESOME. Looks like just what the doctor ordered. Congrats! 

To quote my good friend Ferris Bueller, I highly recommend it, it is so choice.

Definitely what the Dr. ordered. Need to refuel and travel again to see them soon. Was a fun show to be with my wife for. She's never seen me in my element (at a "show") until last weekend. Was a lot of fun to share and dance with her!

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

PANO_20180729_195423.jpg

Can anyone explain what is going on with the lady in black and the guy with the tie die shirt (lower left side of pic)?  Got to be black magic or an optical illusion.

Just now, The Freak said:

Can anyone explain what is going on with the lady in black and the guy with the tie die shirt (lower left side of pic)?  Got to be black magic or an optical illusion.

Ha, I just noticed that. Must have gotten screwed up when my phone processed the panoramic. 

2 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Forced perspective. Like the movies, you see.

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

To quote my good friend Ferris Bueller, I highly recommend it, it is so choice.

Definitely what the Dr. ordered. Need to refuel and travel again to see them soon. Was a fun show to be with my wife for. She's never seen me in my element (at a "show") until last weekend. Was a lot of fun to share and dance with her!

Hah! I know that experience and I love it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

and the Tedeschi side is all kind'a OK!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2018 at 1:47 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

A little hike from the bunkhouse this morning resulted in an old man, grey sock photo opportunity...

A043E255-F32F-4EC5-B8BA-059A087BB46C.jpeg

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

(aaaaaaaaamn)  

(aaaaaaaaamn)

(aaaaaaaaamn)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

(aaaaaaaaamn)  

(aaaaaaaaamn)

(aaaaaaaaamn)

Hahahahaha! Fantastic and very appropriate!

The desert is a really interesting place. Very unforgiving and harsh, but beautiful.