Alabama DL Raekwon Davis Suffers Gunshot Wound

djg0017

6 minutes ago, grt2bnautgr said:

He accidentally shot himself. It's possible.

True, it happens to college students all the time hanging out at notorious bars.

3 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

True, it happens to college students all the time hanging out at notorious bars.

Almost as much as it happens to NFL players I guess.

Wide range of possibilities here.  Plexico Burress stupid is one.  Innocent bystander is another.  But, from recent events all over the U.S., if I'm a black guy, I'm keeping my mouth shut and my hands visible around the police with no sudden movements.  Heck, I do that as a white guy, and still realize that I'm a heartbeat away from death when dealing with another individual that has a gun at his disposal.  Not passing judgment either way, just a fact of life.

Having said that, the best piece of advice ever uttered is, nothing good ever happens after midnight.

On 8/28/2017 at 1:41 PM, keesler said:

“The victim told investigators he was standing outside of Bar 17 when he heard several gunshots and realized he had been shot in the right leg,” Homicide Unit commander Capt. Gary Hood said. “The victim was uncooperative with investigators.”

He told investigators where he was when he heard gunshots and was hit by a stray bullet.........How is that uncooperative?

Are you really this ignorant? What's your stance? As long as you tell the police anything you are automatically labeled as cooperative. Most of what he told them they could have deduced with common sense when they rolled up on the scene. 

I'm not saying I blame him if he was uncooperative to further questioning, I don't know much of the story. However, to label him as automatically cooperative with police because he told them a couple of obvious things, is not worthy of being labeled grade school logic. 

40 minutes ago, Ravad said:

Very interesting......but sounds about right.

2 hours ago, Ravad said:

If Law and Order taught me anything is that bartenders /bar owners have near perfect memory recall...

37 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

If Law and Order taught me anything is that bartenders /bar owners have near perfect memory recall...

I used to be a bartender, or

wait, was that me?

On 8/28/2017 at 9:26 PM, selias said:

I'm bowing out of this topic before I get political and my opinion of armed agents of the state.

A thousand thank yous for sparing us the psycho babble. 

20 hours ago, Ravad said:

More accurately, the bar owner is saying "that's the rumour going around."  Bar owner Stoney Sharp isn't claiming to know what happened beyond saying that she does not believe that the shooting happened in her bar.

http://abc3340.com/news/local/bar-owner-believes-she-knows-how-bamas-raekwon-davis-got-shot

Noticed on al.com today that this shooting or whatever it was is now being tossed out as something that has the bammers "distracted" and could be an excuse for a loss to FSU.   Sounds like it might have been a bit more serious than first indicated but I guess that about anytime a bullet comes in contact with the human body, something bad is sure to result.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Noticed on al.com today that this shooting or whatever it was is now being tossed out as something that has the bammers "distracted" and could be an excuse for a loss to FSU.   Sounds like it might have been a bit more serious than first indicated but I guess that about anytime a bullet comes in contact with the human body, something bad is sure to result.

I'm sure they will claim the shooter was an FSU fan/booster/player/coach etc.

Archived