Auburn vs. Clemson score prediction

AUwent

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Curious....did Clemson open their playbook up more than au did Saturday or were they just smoother at the vanilla? Guess I'm trying to figure out what Dabo did vs what Gus did the first week. (I've been watching au football 40 years but am not an expert at the intricacies, so not being a smart Alec. Real question)

Their playbook was already open. It was just a matter of what their new skill people could do. The reason why ours is up for debate is because we have a new OC.   

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Their playbook was already open. It was just a matter of what their new skill people could do. The reason why ours is up for debate is because we have a new OC.   

Maybe ...but Clemson might as well have been playing some 7A high school for all of the "resistance' that Kent State offered.   Coaches there ought to be ashamed to cash that 7 figure check. 

Clemson was trying to check out their new QB...but I'm guess they did not learn much in that game....other than he does like to play in front of 80,000 friendly Tiger fans so at least he's been on the big stage now...but has yet to see defenders like AU will show him.  

He may do great.....but the game last week is no measuring stick for what he's capable of.  

On 9/5/2017 at 11:14 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

D will put out a great effort. Get wore down in the 3rd after Gus's O can't get any first downs. Clemson pulls away for a big win. AU scores on the 3rd string D late in the 4th. 

As HC, I expect Gus to lay out the strategy for a particular game and then his coordinators create a game plan to execute that strategy. Are you saying that Gus is not letting CCL develop the game plan and call the plays on game day?

There was a lot of familiar looking play calls on Saturday but there were play calls that I can't remember the last time Auburn tried. I can't buy the Gus is not letting CCL run his O.

One thing people aren't pointing out.. Clemson has a brand new quarterback. We will have he toughest defense that he will face all season. He looked good last week for sure, but we've had quarterbacks in recent history that looked fantastic in their first games, and when finally tested, played very poorly. He may not suffer the same fate, but I expect for him to struggle quite a bit with us, even at home. Here it goes.. Auburn 28-Clemson 17. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger96 said:

Auburn 35

Clemson 9

I have to say I love your optimism here!  Im just hoping they win, but this kind of score would be icing on the cake!

Best Case - AU shows the potential we've all been hoping to see.

AU - 31  Clemson - 10

Worst Case - The worst parts of last week are exploited and things unravel, thankfully a stingy defense keeps the score more respectable 

Clemson - 24  AU - 9 (thanks D.C.!)

Realistic - We've got some stuff to work on that won't be entirely fixed by Saturday.  Also, we were vanilla against GASo last week, so our schemes and play calling are more suited to attack Clemson than an overmatched Sun Belt school. We catch them off guard for a few big plays.  Also, this is a huge test for us AND our first away game of the year in a hostile environment.  That will affect communication and timing a few times. 

AU - 23  Clemson 17.    Clemson with the ball and driving to score and win in the last minute. AU defense holds (Thomas INT) and we come out of Death Valley with an impressive W!!!!

War Eagle!!!

5 hours ago, logan adams said:

One thing people aren't pointing out.. Clemson has a brand new quarterback. We will have he toughest defense that he will face all season. He looked good last week for sure, but we've had quarterbacks in recent history that looked fantastic in their first games, and when finally tested, played very poorly. He may not suffer the same fate, but I expect for him to struggle quite a bit with us, even at home. Here it goes.. Auburn 28-Clemson 17. 

I think the Ark QB last yr was the conf leader in many categories going into the Auburn game....I think I recall Arky scoring 3 points.  Check me on that if you like.  

6 hours ago, logan adams said:

Im trying to remember which QB we had that looked good first game?

enough poor mouthing boys....enough is enough!!!  Auburn 42  Clemson 24.......would have been 42-17 if not for a late score with less than 1:20 left in the 4th qtr.

14 hours ago, Builder said:

Im trying to remember which QB we had that looked good first game?

Jeremy Johnson is who I was referring to

Since the start of the 2011 season, Auburn has won a grand total of 3 games against teams that finished with less than 4 losses - South Carolina in 2011, Alabama and Missouri in 2013. On the road against the defending national champs, unfortunately, I will go with Clemson 27 - Auburn 16. Hope I am wrong. 

On 9/4/2017 at 11:56 AM, Beaker said:

From the pages of Leonard's Loser:

"The South Carolina puddy cats are on a roll after snuffing out the Golden Flashes of Kent State.  They played offense like a well oiled machine for sure.  However the East Alabama felines know a thing or two about machinery and could very easily engineer their own upset.  This game comes down to turnovers and a man known as "Legatron".  Leonards Loser:  Clemson. "

Aub 24

Clemson 21

Darn good imitation. You should apply to become the next Leonard.

I miss ole Post Toastie.

7 hours ago, bikeriderga said:

Darn good imitation. You should apply to become the next Leonard.

I miss ole Post Toastie.

Hey - thanks.   

7 hours ago, bikeriderga said:

From the pages of Leonard's Loser:

"The South Carolina puddy cats are on a roll after snuffing out the Golden Flashes of Kent State.  They played offense like a well oiled machine for sure.  However the East Alabama felines know a thing or two about machinery and could very easily engineer their own upset.  This game comes down to turnovers and a man known as "Legatron".  Leonards Loser:  Clemson. "

Glad you enjoyed it.    I wrote one for game one, but not sure anyone understood it.   I enjoyed his bit so much when I was in college.  I miss his scratchy southern drawl.   I will try to write one each week for the few old guys that enjoy it.   

I don't think Clemson scores more than 20 on us. I think the big question mark is how our offense moves the ball on the taters.

AU 35-13 if we move the ball well

AU 21-20 if we move the ball average

CLEM 20-10 if the offense sucks

Based off of the votes in this thread:

1,522 points for Clemson

74 votes for an average of 21 points (rounding up)

1774 points for Auburn

74 for votes for an average of 24 points (rounding up)

So that leaves us with

24 Auburn - 21 Clemson

I'll personally quit watching college football if they hang 30+ I've seen our defense and I've seen their offense. Absolutely no reason for them to even touch 30 points.

Archived