doverstutts

AU vs. Mercer - Weekly Presser

Recommended Posts

The good news is all the offense of problems are fixable ones. the only question is whether or not the coaches will get about the business of fixing them. Will they design new routes for the receivers. Will they make in-game adjustments? We will see. I'm not giving up Hope on this team yet nor on the coaches

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Golson: "I don't really know what its going to be like cause he's (Coach Hand) never been on the sideline....I think he thinks that he'll be able to see better, and Coach Lindsey says the same, that he thinks that he'll be able to see better in the box. I know that they know what's right, so we'll roll with it and see how it goes."

We're moving around our coaches before we move around or offensive linemen. 

As I said last season, Gus was and still is going through an identity crisis as a coach. He wanted to be hands on, then he wanted to be a "CEO" type, then he wanted to be hands on again, and now he wants to be a CEO again. Now his offensive coaches are going through a similar drill. These are the kinds of "moves" that worry me, even if they are for the better. 

I don't know how your players are supposed to be successful when your coaches don't know what they are supposed to be doing, how they are supposed to be doing it, and where they are supposed to be doing it. That's not hyperbole either. 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Golson: "I don't really know what its going to be like cause he's (Coach Hand) never been on the sideline....I think he thinks that he'll be able to see better, and Coach Lindsey says the same, that he thinks that he'll be able to see better in the box. I know that they know what's right, so we'll roll with it and see how it goes."

We're moving around our coaches before we move around or offensive linemen. 

As I said last season, Gus was and still is going through an identity crisis as a coach. He wanted to be hands on, then he wanted to be a "CEO" type, then he wanted to be hands on again, and now he wants to be a CEO again. Now his offensive coaches are going through a similar drill. These are the kinds of "moves" that worry me, even if they are for the better. 

I don't know how your players are supposed to be successful when your coaches don't know what they are supposed to be doing, how they are supposed to be doing it, and where they are supposed to be doing it. That's not hyperbole either. 

It's pretty much a HC running by the seat of his pants, trying out this and that - giving everything a shot to see what works, in an effort to keep his bosses off his arse.  Of course Jay Jacobs has told us multiple times that he doesn't address his coaches mid-season, he waits and evaluates their performance and deficiencies at the end of every season. :rolleyes:

I have no doubt improvements will be made, changes are on the way and we will see a very noticeable improvement from all facets of the offense.  AU will look pretty against the next 4 opponents and the fans will have amnesia about what we witnessed in the first two games of the season.  CGM & Co will save their bacon for the next month.

 

Edited by keesler
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, keesler said:

It's pretty much a HC running by the seat of his pants, trying out this and that - giving everything a shot to see what works, in an effort to keep his bosses off his arse.  Of course Jay Jacobs has told us multiple times that he doesn't address his coaches mid-season, he waits and evaluates their performance and deficiencies at the end of every season. :rolleyes:

I have no doubt improvements will be made, changes are on the way and we will be a very noticeable improvement from all facets of the offense.  AU will look pretty against the next 4 opponents and the fans will have amnesia about what we witnessed in the first two games of the season.  CGM & Co will save their bacon for the next month.

 

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Golson: "I don't really know what its going to be like cause he's (Coach Hand) never been on the sideline....I think he thinks that he'll be able to see better, and Coach Lindsey says the same, that he thinks that he'll be able to see better in the box. I know that they know what's right, so we'll roll with it and see how it goes."

We're moving around our coaches before we move around or offensive linemen. 

As I said last season, Gus was and still is going through an identity crisis as a coach. He wanted to be hands on, then he wanted to be a "CEO" type, then he wanted to be hands on again, and now he wants to be a CEO again. Now his offensive coaches are going through a similar drill. These are the kinds of "moves" that worry me, even if they are for the better. 

 

 

It does at least make sense.  If the OC wants to be in the booth, he should have been there already.  It is the most sensible position from which to do his job.  It cannot be easy to be an OC at this level, tasked with watching the whole offense (and what the opposing defense is doing), in real time, and making playcalls, from the sideline.  It definitely makes more sense to have your OC in the booth than it does the OL coach.  With a new OC, this move does not worry me like it would have if he suddenly decided to put Lashlee up there last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just rearranging the chairs on the deck of a sinking ship.  There is ample empirical evidence that shows Gus is incapable of change and only lies about changing to try to keep the hot seat from becoming molten lava.  He lies about changing the same way Les Miles did. The only difference is that LSU had the cajones to say enough is enough and finally pulled the trigger.  JJ won't do that because it will be an admission that he made yet another miserable hire. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

OP updated with vids and quotes.

did you include a picture of his retired clipboard and its return after one game?  I wanna hear from the clipboard and why it decided to leave retired life.  

I also think Gus Malzahnliar  should go further than retiring it the next time, with a painless death like an injured horse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keesler said:

 

I have no doubt improvements will be made, changes are on the way and we will see a very noticeable improvement from all facets of the offense.  AU will look pretty against the next 4 opponents and the fans will have amnesia about what we witnessed in the first two games of the season.  CGM & Co will save their bacon for the next month.

 

this happened last year and we had posters on here talking about how great a run strategist and coach Gus was.

I bit  my tongue last year. this year I'm gonna say put down the cool aide.

 

I wish a reporter would ask him if realizes most of the fan base now wants him fired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

"These guys are young and learning"  "no doubt we'll get better"  "we're learning a lot about this team" "we'll make the necessary adjustments"  "lot of young guys getting experience out there" "this team has the potential of being great"   "we didn't play very well out there, that starts with us coaches"  "there's still a lot of football left, i'll tell you this, this team is not giving up"

You'll hear a lot of the same old same old from Gus.  Words don't make a bit of difference when it comes to implementing real change.

He has no clue. These statements appear that he thinks that he called a good game and they just didn't execute because they are "young and inexperienced. "

They have incredible amount of "potential" if offense didn't handcuff them. Why didn't they make the "necessary adjustments" in the game??!!

I take those statements as we will become more one dimensional from here out. I hope Stidham sticks around for the next coach to prove to everyone he's a decent quarterback. 

No, he doesn't understand the fans frustration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

He has no clue. These statements appear that he thinks that he called a good game and they just didn't execute because they are "young and inexperienced. "

They have incredible amount of "potential" if offense didn't handcuff them. Why didn't they make the "necessary adjustments" in the game??!!

I take those statements as we will become more one dimensional from here out. I hope Stidham sticks around for the next coach to prove to everyone he's a decent quarterback. 

No, he doesn't understand the fans frustration.

Well, this is what he said today.  I don't believe it for a second, but this is his actual quote:

"The frustration that they have that I fully understand is, the way that we finished the season last year and the frustration and then Saturday night looked the same," Malzahn said. "So, I get that from that standpoint. I will say this, we are going to improve. We're going to be a good offense; that is for sure. But that's their frustration and I understand that so it's natural to say that and I get that and I own that but we are going to improve."

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aubigblue said:

Chip going upstairs,

Hand coming down to sidelines.

Gus says we have a really good offense.

Can we move Gus up to the booth??

Better yet, how about to the RV parking lot. Far enough away to where his headset doesn't work..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care if Chip is in the Men's restroom in a stall as long as HE'S calling the plays.




"is there an echo on the headset..."  " no that's chip... he's in the Men's restroom... in a stall... calling the plays..."

Edited by JGLEATON
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Can we move Gus up to the booth??

Better yet, how about to the RV parking lot. Far enough away to where his headset doesn't work..

:hellyeah:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let's move gus to selling Dr pepper in the stands. 

 

as I start to post stupid crap like this, my frustration is at an all time high. and the worst of it most every fan feels the same frustration I do.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

 Says he understand the "frustration" of fan base that the offense "looked the same" as the end of last year.

^^^^^^^^

makes me feel better. feel sorry for the Mercer Bears. we are gonna unload on them.

 

 

 

 

Are you suggesting that we're going to "open up" the playbook next week?

:rollin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Are you suggesting that we're going to "open up" the playbook next week?

:rollin:

"No doubt about it"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Are you suggesting that we're going to "open up" the playbook next week?

:rollin:

I wouldn't call a 5x7 index card a "playbook".

Might flip it over would be what you mean.

Remember all the new players and QB haven't fully learned the playbook yet.

Its fun to see other teams play freshmen and qb's come of the bench and make positive plays.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumbest response I've ever seen to a 111 yard performance.  

 

Maybe in reality it's "we're putting chip upstairs away from me so I can't interfere w/ his work.  If we remove me from the possibility of making game time decisions, chip has a chance"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JGLEATON said:

I don't care if Chip is in the Men's restroom in a stall as long as HE'S calling the plays.




"is there an echo on the headset..."  " no that's chip... he's in the Men's restroom... in a stall... calling the plays..."

doesnt matter what he is calling when its from Gus's playbook.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

doesnt matter what he is calling when its from Gus's playbook.  

Yea, but at least if he's in the men's restroom he can courtesy flush...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

doesnt matter what he is calling when its from Gus's playbook.  

There is a guy on the Rant with real connections( so I am told) that says Malzahn is gone after this year, barring a miracle. Best thing I have heard all day, if true

Edited by doverstutts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

There is a guy on the Rant with real connections( so I am told) that says Malzahn is gone after this year, barring a miracle. Best thing I have heard all day, if true

I just cant believe it,  unless Dye is pushing the button.   They better get the best coach possible.  i doubt chip kelly will come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Austin Golson: "We didn't have any missed assignments. Either someone got beat, or they brought an extra hat, or someone didn't get open..."

 

THIS IS NOT ACCURATE...I saw Horton fail to come off his double to pick up the LB and he knew he messed up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now