Scandals Impact on This Years Team

AuburnNTexas

While we don't know for sure it appears we could lose two players who may have taken money from an agent. Educated guesses are pointing at Wiley and Heron probably our best two players. That said we are deeper than we have been in a long time.

Mitchell and Harper at PG

PF/Center by committee Spencer, Okeke, Mclemore, Purifoy, Murray

SF  Purifoy, Dunbar, Okeke

SG Brown, Purifoy, Mitchell

We still have 8 solid players who thanks to Italy all have played together.  What if anything that happens to Bruce and what if anything this does to team chemistry will have a large impact. Best case we keep Bruce pick up a great assistant to replace Person's and team comes together in adversity and makes NIT or outside chance of NCAA. Worst case we also lose Pearl and team has a meltdown and players try to find a way to leave.

It's probably the Sunshine pumper in me but I think it will be closer to best case then worse case and we might make NIT. We will still have some solid players on the court but sadly no elite players. It really comes down to whether the whole (team) is better than the pieces.

43 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

While we don't know for sure it appears we could lose two players who may have taken money from an agent. Educated guesses are pointing at Wiley and Heron probably our best two players. That said we are deeper than we have been in a long time.

Mitchell and Harper at PG

PF/Center by committee Spencer, Okeke, Mclemore, Purifoy, Murray

SF  Purifoy, Dunbar, Okeke

SG Brown, Purifoy, Mitchell

We still have 8 solid players who thanks to Italy all have played together.  What if anything that happens to Bruce and what if anything this does to team chemistry will have a large impact. Best case we keep Bruce pick up a great assistant to replace Person's and team comes together in adversity and makes NIT or outside chance of NCAA. Worst case we also lose Pearl and team has a meltdown and players try to find a way to leave.

It's probably the Sunshine pumper in me but I think it will be closer to best case then worse case and we might make NIT. We will still have some solid players on the court but sadly no elite players. It really comes down to whether the whole (team) is better than the pieces.

I didn't read this before i posted mine.   I didn't mention names, but you might want to revise your lineup

5 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

at this point for me it's almost like saying who cares.

I just want to fast forward the tape: see who did what, who paid who, who is going down and who managed to survive.  

This is exactly how I felt 3 seasons into that show Lost.

So is it true that there are new ncaa rules that say the head coach is now responsible for the actions of his assistants as per Scarbinski in this video?

If so, it would mean there is 0 chance Pearl survives. I truly hope this isn't the case. I love his energy. 

And I know Scarbinski is a turd. Quite literally a turd. But is he right? 

I wish I had waited another day to start this thread as now that the waters are even muddier since my initial comment was Wiley and Heron and that may be wrong.  I need to revise what I was thinking. As to Pearl for sure being gone. Since it appears more schools showing up in the investigation the logic that says Pearl is gone would also affect Avery Johnson and could eventually be a lot of other head coaches.  If the rule applies to one it applies to all . So now the key thing is to wait and here from somebody from Auburn to update us with what they know and what the impact will be.

If we only lose two players and one is not Wiley then I still stand by my thought that we still might make the NIT this year.

15 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I wish I had waited another day to start this thread as now that the waters are even muddier since my initial comment was Wiley and Heron and that may be wrong.  I need to revise what I was thinking. As to Pearl for sure being gone. Since it appears more schools showing up in the investigation the logic that says Pearl is gone would also affect Avery Johnson and could eventually be a lot of other head coaches.  If the rule applies to one it applies to all . So now the key thing is to wait and here from somebody from Auburn to update us with what they know and what the impact will be.

If we only lose two players and one is not Wiley then I still stand by my thought that we still might make the NIT this year.

15 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Alabama did a very thorough investigation into this case and it fired the coach involved,so they have been cleared by the NCA (wink, wink)

20 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Yeah.

That's how it works.

(Sarc off)

I wish. Just look at how it has applied to Bama.

Archived